Sippin' tequila

Options
1235»

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I know repos are your jam. I bet you would really like Fortaleza reposado...if you can find it. I personally think they must be sending most of their product overseas now.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I know repos are your jam. I bet you would really like Fortaleza reposado...if you can find it. I personally think they must be sending most of their product overseas now.

I see it listed for $90-$125 a bottle, I'm not paying that.
    The blanco was gone in two days, I was the only drinker. It was that good. It was a good weekend!! 😁
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    edited March 2
    Options
    Try to find this, https://lapulga.com/collections/our-spirits
    I have tried all except the anejo (still unopened).
    If it's not in your area, you may be able to get it mail order from Total Wine or come to the Southwest Audio Fest and take a couple of bottles back with you.

Great tequilas
    Tequila Ocho
    Cazcanes (expensive)
    Volans

I assume they have what they say.
    https://www.folsomwinespirits.com/search?q=fortaleza&options[prefix]=last
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Retailers are totally gouging people for Fortaleza now. Those prices are 2-3X higher than a couple of years ago.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2
    Options
    Marvin, you must be entirely too wealthy to be okay with those prices for Fortaleza. I paid $60 for the blanco. I'll have another bottle next week.

I'd try that LaPugla. Since it's made the Tahona way it's probably pretty good
    Yes the Tequila Ocho Reposado is very good as is the Don Fulano Reposado.
  • marvda1
    Options
    I don't pay the high prices, I have two unopened bottles that I am scared to open.
    I have a local store that when they get a hard to find item in, they package it with something else and charge over a hundred for the two.
    Right now they have Tequila Ocho Puntas packaged with Siete Leguas Decades blanco for $226.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I have several unopened bottles of Fortaleza, and like Marvin, I'm hesitant to open them. A few of them are bottles from the 'accidental' lote 42/43 añejos, which are a blend of 2/3 extra añejo, and 1/3 regular añejo. A 'former' employee made a mistake when pulling barrels, so their loss was our gain.

I also have an unopened bottle of Ocho Puntas, which I obtained in a trade. Also have a few bottles of the Siete Leguas Decades. The Decades haven't been as 'collectible' as originally hoped, mainly due to price (and the quantity produced), but I think they have their place. Both the Puntas and Decades are high-proof blancos, which has been a popular trend over the last several years.

The Fortaleza Still-Strength is the bees knees.
  • marvda1
    Options
    Wish I could get ahold of a Fortaleza winter blend, but need to win the lotto.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I've had a couple of the WB, and IMO, they are not worth the extra $. I'd rather have two bottles of regular reposado than one bottle of WB. I have several other tequila friends that feel the same.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    The Fortaleza Still-Strength is the bees knees.
    I'd like to try that!
  • marvda1
    Options
    I tasted some Volans, great taste, now I can't find any :'(
    Puritan PSM156