• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Dave! We missed ya!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Thanks brother! Been a tough road, but slowly getting back into it.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Welcome Back Dave!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Beautiful design!

Looks like it was part of the original construction.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Glad to see your new post!

House looks great!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Don’t bother buying garage doors with those $2,000 dollar sheets of plywood doing a commendable job on their own. Now you just need to figure out how to hook an auto opener up to them for convenience.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Don’t bother buying garage doors with those $2,000 dollar sheets of plywood doing a commendable job on their own. Now you just need to figure out how to hook an auto opener up to them for convenience.

The sad thing is those 4 sheets of oriented strand board are only about $60 cheaper than a 7×8 garage door.
  • verb

For sure! The Mrs won't allow it though!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    butterbean wrote: »
    That’s beautiful! Can’t wait to see the rig you have planned for it!

I'm really excited about the rig for this garage.

I'm looking at putting a streamer/pre-amp in there (Cambridge 851N from the basement), I have a spare power amp (McCormack DNA125) not doing anything, or maybe a streamer (Cambridge CXNv2 from the living room) & integrated amp (new), nothing to fancy. Just needs to be remote controlled.

Got plenty of spare Bookies to choose from :) , and an extra SVS sub (SB1000) in the basement!

Medium size OLED (new), maybe 2.1 channels or soundbar, again nothing too fancy.

The focus for me is really the 2ch rig, the TV is out there for casual viewing, sports and stuff like that.

A first for me, truly a clean slate for the layout. One thing I've learned here on CP is that I need a separate power line in there just for the audio/video! Especially since I'll have neon signs, power tools, air compressor, other electrically noisy stuff!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Glad to see you back Dave, so sorry about your brother. Very nice garage!
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »
    Beautiful design!

Looks like it was part of the original construction.

Thanks Tony! Yep that was the plan! In fact, we're re-purposing a lot of the old bricks to match exactly in the front of the garage. The new bricks (not exactly the same shade, but close) will be on the sides and back.
  • verb
    invalid wrote: »

The sad thing is those 4 sheets of oriented strand board are only about $60 cheaper than a 7×8 garage door.

You ain't kidding! OMG the prices of building materials has skyrocketed. And lead time, my 16x8 door will land at Verb's house late June!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Wow, nice project Verb!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    I thought old morter was chiseled off. That must've been an old poor man's way. But then again...those are some large bricks! What a MESSY and TEDIOUS job Tommy has going on there.

Wow, what a high quality garage addition and breezeway.

Your almost to the finish line. Maybe have it done this year?

Whose scaffolding is that?
  • verb
    For sure Tommy was a machine over the past couple of days! He got the big chunks off with a brick hammer and decided that wasn't good enough, so he ground off all the old mortar perfectly! I like this guy!

Electrical roughing is is all done. He connected one circuit live so the guys could run power from inside the garage, instead of running a bunch of extension cords from the old garage.

Next up is running a gas line for the furnace, and air lines. I'm gonna mount the air compressor in the attic of the new garage, run 2 air lines, one for a hose reel and the other for reserve. And a 3rd going to the old garage!

Then inspection, and ready for insulation, and drywall.

I'm hoping the garage will be move in ready in a few months!

Scaffolding is theirs, they have all the toys!
  • Tony M
    Thank you for that rundown.

Those bricks behind Tommy do look like new ones again.

Gas heat...nice.

I was going to get an air-hose reel from Harbor freight a year or more ago, but the reviews scared me off. I still don't have one. I think I saw some that were 250.00 elsewhere on the web. That's when I thought, dragging my littler but heavy compressor out isn't so bad. Maybe you can advise me on a brand to get. Remember...I'm still kind-of frugal but... :D I'm spending more to get more lately.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Tony M wrote: »
    I was going to get an air-hose reel from Harbor freight a year or more ago, but the reviews scared me off. I still don't have one. I think I saw some that were 250.00 elsewhere on the web. That's when I thought, dragging my littler but heavy compressor out isn't so bad. Maybe you can advise me on a brand to get. Remember...I'm still kind-of frugal but... :D I'm spending more to get more lately.

I have one of those HF hose reels that I picked up "on sale" for $49.99 several years ago. It's seen a fair amount of use with "knock on wood" no problems. I'm not a fan at all of HF and even though we have a store nearby I rarely go there. I'd have to say this is my best purchase from them thus far......there I said it....... something that is actually worthwhile from that junkyard of cheap tools.

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited May 2021
    I've got a HF air hose reel that is probably 12-15 years old. In the last few years or so it doesn't rewind as well as it use to. It is still usable though.

The only tools I buy from HF are the ones I only use infrequently. High use tools I buy elsewhere.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • verb
    I've got a kinda vintage Sears Craftsman hose reel (bought in the early 80's), still works great, but looking for another one for the new garage! I'm actually liking this one, made by Cox Reels in AZ! Not super expensive, all metal construction, and reviews out there say the return spring is strong!

n0gyp97z77dd.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MRTCVO?tag=garagetooladvisor-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1
  • verb
    Decided to go with a quality receptacle for my dedicated audio circuit in the garage!
    eo8jga35oxf3.png
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    verb wrote: »
    Decided to go with a quality receptacle for my dedicated audio circuit in the garage!
    eo8jga35oxf3.png

I installed three of them on my three dedicated 20 amp lines for the stereo, two dedicated lines for the HT, and one shared line in the HT.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Lookin' good. Should be a nice setup. Don't forget to run CAT6a network cables while you have the studs exposed. Can never have too many.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2021
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Lookin' good. Should be a nice setup. Don't forget to run CAT6a network cables while you have the studs exposed. Can never have too many.
    Extra pull strings just in case you need to add down the road...
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Verb's new garage is nicer than my apartment.

I hear ya!

Nice addition Dave! Very nice.
    Don’t forget to make time for a MC ride!

Unbeknownst to Dave and his bride, I took this pix a couple of yrs ago after dropping off some minor audio stuff (pre Massive Garage Addition)
    IIRC, I’ve never posted this ...

gyqfd38korzv.jpeg

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2021
    verb wrote: »
    I've got a kinda vintage Sears Craftsman hose reel (bought in the early 80's), still works great, but looking for another one for the new garage! I'm actually liking this one, made by Cox Reels in AZ! Not super expensive, all metal construction, and reviews out there say the return spring is strong!

n0gyp97z77dd.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MRTCVO?tag=garagetooladvisor-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

I have had the harbor freight one in my garage for 15+ years with no issues and I use it often. If you can afford it though American made is the best way to go! Only get the rubber hose. The PVC hose is garbage it's useless in cold weather.

https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-x-50-ft-retractable-hose-reel-93897.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Agree PVC hoses are junk. Rubber is the only way to go.
  • verb
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Verb's new garage is nicer than my apartment.

I hear ya!

Nice addition Dave! Very nice.
    Don’t forget to make time for a MC ride!

Unbeknownst to Dave and his bride, I took this pix a couple of yrs ago after dropping off some minor audio stuff (pre Massive Garage Addition)
    IIRC, I’ve never posted this ...

gyqfd38korzv.jpeg

You Dog! Wow beautiful bike! And yes I never knew you rolled up in the Harley!