Threads

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @CarlJacobson_POLK - Can we please have black text, at the very least?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    You can always type in bold for a darker font. Kinda a PITA but a possibility.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited April 2021
    Test. :p Messing :* with ;) format.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Test. :p Messing :* with ;) format.
    I see your test, and raise you less boorish and uncouth some emojis

Test. 😛 Messing 😙 with 😉 format.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Find myself wondering what kind of screens, screen brightness or resolution those who are complaining about the grey text must be using... 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Chrome on 4k MSI9 Gaming laptop 32" mon and 2-23" running 4-screens
    It's gray font and lighter gray background
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Kex wrote: »
    Find myself wondering what kind of screens, screen brightness or resolution those who are complaining about the grey text must be using... 🤷‍♂️

It’s terrible on my iPhone if you’re wondering
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Sux big time on old and new iPads. Never tried it on a computer.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    My iPad is 13”, so I can use the “desktop” display (with the right hand column, including Quick Links etc.). The compressed “mobile” display on smaller screens, or at higher zoom levels, is definitely pesky (less than optimal). Especially since the text is quite small, and zooming it in using tools or preferences settings almost always forces the compressed display mode (even on desktops, depending on the zoom level).

It’s the hate for the grey text that I don’t really understand. Seems like a very minor quibble. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It's not a complaint or a quibble...They asked about suggestions and opinions and we are giving them.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2021
    It seems all suggestions and opinions are being ignored.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Well @CarlJacobson_POLK had a strong start, but he hasn't logged onto the forum since April 7th.
  • Clipdat
    Kex wrote: »

Asus 24" LCD screen 1920x1080, brightness is at 42 out of 100.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2021
    This is the color of the text:
    jwhh2etdb2fb.png

This the color of bold text:
    uzkxmx3irjjc.png

This is the color everyone wants for the text:
    sg3ng86yso5l.png

Pretty simple.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Chrome on 4k MSI9 Gaming laptop 32" mon and 2-23" running 4-screens
    It's gray font and lighter gray background
    WT#&*^ RON!
    When did you upgrade from E-Machines?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2021
    Scott my secondary machine is a Packard Bell with a Pentium 75.
    6hqdFwwozxVq1RekmKf_FfFh8VbeWYnLdHAfEpukGlQ.jpg?auto=webp&s=5f8716ad1ef34b432d3b92837d1188e6e461d32f

ENHANCE
    zzg9v7dx8sm0.png
  • msg
    edited April 2021
    Lol
    Sweet, those are great for Windows clustering. You just need 200 of them to equal a smartphone.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Well @CarlJacobson_POLK had a strong start, but he hasn't logged onto the forum since April 7th.

:) I'm here to pitch in and help, but I can't make it every day.
  • We are listening, but we are not making daily changes to the format here. I have a meeting later this week to discuss the forum and these requests will be brought up. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Thank you @CarlJacobson_POLK for the update and for goin' to bat for the forum (which I hope is still seen as a value-add to the Powers that Be for the brand!).
  • F1nut
    Clipdat wrote: »

:) I'm here to pitch in and help, but I can't make it every day.

Carl, you want to help, then please do something about this horrible format.

I'm typing in BOLD, so that it's easier to read.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    If you guys would like some extra help, there are a couple/few trustworthy guys here you could temporarily hire for zero salary to work with Polk/SU to make changes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • @F1nut, I'm not sure if you saw my follow-up comment, but yes we want to help and we will be discussing all requests later this week, including the comment about contrast (grey on grey)
  • F1nut
    edited April 2021
    We are listening, but we are not making daily changes to the format here. I have a meeting later this week to discuss the forum and these requests will be brought up. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.

You are losing new customers due to the piss poor customer service and now you're losing old customers due to this piss poor format. Why this isn't evident to the higher up folks at Sound United defies comprehension. I mean, getting and keeping customers is business 101!!!

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    @F1nut, I'm not sure if you saw my follow-up comment, but yes we want to help and we will be discussing all requests later this week, including the comment about contrast (grey on grey)

No, sorry I was typing as you posted.

President of Club Polk

• TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    We are listening, but we are not making daily changes to the format here. I have a meeting later this week to discuss the forum and these requests will be brought up. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.
    Thanks for listening to us but the changes we are asking for shouldn't need a meeting to accomplish. Changes to text colors and sizes could be made in just a few minutes by someone who has a little knowledge of CSS and HTML. All we are asking for is a forum that doesn't hurt your eyes to read it. There are other glitches in the way the forum operates but all that can wait. Just get the text changed so we don't have to strain to read it.... pleaseeeeee.

• SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • msg
    Lolol turbonerds!
    I disabled signatures.