This format is horrible

Comments

• TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    msg wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I, for one, appreciate the update and continued support you provide for the forum. By the way, on a completely unrelated note, I just entered earlier today to win the Polk soundbar. Just so you know....I thought I would throw it out there.

Why do you want one of those? So you can test customer service?

I guess I misunderstood what he said. I thought he meant if he won the soundbar he was going to "throw it out". :)
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    edited April 2021
    To me the forum seems more like an outline than a real place. Thin and insubstantial with the various subsections not relating to each other. The signature area is emphasized over each post's main section and makes it difficult to maintain thread interest.
    Maybe if we could suggest to Polk examples of other audio related forums that are more successful?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    To me the forum seems more like an outline than a real place. Thin and insubstantial with the various subsections not relating to each other. The signature area is emphasized over each post's main section and makes it difficult to maintain thread interest.
    Maybe if we could suggest to Polk examples of other audio related forums that are more successful?

I have, even posted a screen shot of one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why are the "Older Messages" and "Newer Messages" in a PM hidden? I'd like to meet whomever the hell thought that was a good idea because I'd like to explain to them why they shouldn't have a job. Ridiculous!!!
    Can you explain? I don't see any hidden messages in my PM's. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited April 2021
    It's strange how zooming in and out with Firefox on desktop makes the member avatars and dates appear/disappear in a list of Threads.
    This is not a Firefox or desktop issue.

As mentioned previously, the size of screen and the level of zoom will determine whether a left hand "column" will appear or not. This column is where Quick Links would be displayed, regardless of whether the device is a PC, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. If that column is missing, then information such as the avatar and time/date stamp of the last post for threads will also disappear.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited April 2021
    Kex wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why are the "Older Messages" and "Newer Messages" in a PM hidden? I'd like to meet whomever the hell thought that was a good idea because I'd like to explain to them why they shouldn't have a job. Ridiculous!!!
    Can you explain? I don't see any hidden messages in my PM's. 🤷‍♂️

"Older Messages" link is invisible, unless you "mouse over it". The link color is same as surrounding background.

gmtmzcj7ki7f.jpg

Preview still doesn't work.
  • Kex
    Thank you @Hermitism,

I can confirm, now that I know what I'm looking for, that I haven't seen that phenomenon in my messages... Hmm 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    It has to be a long conversation. If it's a conversation that is only one page long, the "Older Messages" link isn't there.
  • Kex
    Gotcha! Thanks dude! 👍

There's a lot of that missing text when anything is highlighted. Probably not a complicated fix. 🤞
    Alea jacta est!
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    Change the link hover color to #808080.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    TennMan wrote: »
    Change the link hover color to #808080.

That is correct...Just uncheck link color...Vanilla needs to do that as a permanent fix

.MorePager a {
    /* color: rgb(229, 230, 231); */
    }
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Who ever changed this format, and can read must be, of Masochism and sadism are both about the enjoyment of pain. Masochism refers to the enjoyment of experiencing pain while sadism refers to the enjoyment of inflicting pain on someone else.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    warren wrote: »
    Who ever changed this format, and can read must be, of Masochism and sadism are both about the enjoyment of pain. Masochism refers to the enjoyment of experiencing pain while sadism refers to the enjoyment of inflicting pain on someone else.

LOL. Warren, good post.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2021
    warren wrote: »

For those interested in where (how) masochism got its name. :#
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_von_Sacher-Masoch
    (N.B. may not be suitable for all family members)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Warren wins the internet this week with that post. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • warren
    Has anyone heard why the last web site was replaced with a headache.
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    Then we’ll sit like good little boys and girls and hope vanilla Jacobsen doesn’t quell us..
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    No I don’t like being poked..
    Great response, thanks ..
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    And if they would please get rid of that "Howdy Stranger" before you sign in. That would be nice! Was hoping that would go away from the last time. With the "new upgrade" this time.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I dunno, I kinda like Howdy, Stranger!

Maybe Howdy, L'il Pardner since some of us aren't, technically, strangers?

ac71ye1g1898.png
  • Kex
    edited April 2021
    Has anyone noticed that some emojis in messages are sized normally, whereas others are yuge?!

When I use iOS iPadOS or MacOS icons, they are normal... 👍

Whereas the Vanilla icons from the comment toolbar, are yuge! :/
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151

So, you want forum members to suggest fixes to a multi million dollar company, that presumably has a staff of people being paid to do that?

Maybe.....we have forum members helping with customer service, to a company that has paid people doing customer service.

What I am saying sounds like I am bitching, but that is the reality in many cases.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I dunno, I kinda like Howdy, Stranger!

Maybe Howdy, L'il Pardner since some of us aren't, technically, strangers?

ac71ye1g1898.png

I dunno, I've been told I'm pretty strange.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Hansvelton wrote: »

So, you want forum members to suggest fixes to a multi million dollar company, that presumably has a staff of people being paid to do that?

Maybe.....we have forum members helping with customer service, to a company that has paid people doing customer service.

What I am saying sounds like I am bitching, but that is the reality in many cases.

Nokia.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    It's good to see the ignore list works fine.

🤣😂🤣
  • Kex
    It's good to see the ignore list works fine.
    ☝️Feisty!☝️

#unshackled #freedom #TheNewKenneth 🤣😜
    Alea jacta est!