Where to buy classic audio equipment

Hello everyone!
I have just built a house and am in the process of furnishing the house, right now in the living room I want to buy myself a pair of speakers and amplifiers to serve my hobby of listening to music. But I don't know much about audio equipment, so I asked everyone in the forum to advise me and also give me some suggestions as well as where to buy vintage audio electronics so I can buy them products I like best, I would like to thank everyone very much.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Craigslist
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    There’s a resale place near me that sells some vintage stuff, but it’s very hit and miss with very limited selection. Goodwill-type stores can be a gold mine if you’re lucky. I’ve never been lucky though.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Stick around, get your learn on, get 100 posts, and get to know people here. After 100 posts the For Sale section is available to you. Patience is your ally.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Also keep an eye out on OfferUp. Seems a lot of people have switched to this from Craigslist.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    Efficient listening?

What's that? :#

You have to know my situation to understand. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,021
    the spamgoblins are on the prowl...
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    @Coupon92123 where are you located?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jmwest1
    jmwest1 Posts: 11
    Facebook Marketplace is big around here. Occasionally something nice shows up, but it's mostly 80s and 90s crap.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,482
    While mostly dealing with professional gear, Reverb can have some consumer items as well.