My down-sizing pics.. Anybody else have any you want to share?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Thanks. :)

I went to the web to see what kind of classic DCM TF350 speakers were for sale AND to see if other TF's had Left and Right designated labels. Yep, I think they all do.

I learned while researching, the DCM labels on the fronts are supposed to be on the inside. Not the outside like I had them.

I guess the labels on the backs near the terminals are showing the position they should be in..."viewed from the rear".

I thought the imaging was great before, it got even bigger and better. :p

So labels in the top corners on the front side go toward the middle for these.

I also learned from the DCM website, if there isn't a label on the rear stating which is which, (a rectangular white stick on tape taped to the outer rim of the terminal box) then the side the internal speakers favor the most, goes toward the middle. Nice. B)

I changed them out early this morning and only took the time to listen for a few minutes. I'm looking forward to more listening while I decide what to do next. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    A little bit ago...

The DCM TF350's disappear now. It's like the Polk RTA12b's.

Sting's "Brand New Day" sounded outstanding!

The bass seems to be better. Maybe the spiders are loosening up. ;)
  • Tony M
    Just sold 3pr. of Advents to a great guy. They all need surround re-foaming.

So more space made tonight. ;)

He loved the DCM TF350's sound! And the SDA-SRS2's too. :)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    @Tony M

Attached is some DCM TF350 information.

You probably already have it.

But in case you didn't. :)
  • Tony M
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    @Tony M

Attached is some DCM TF350 information.

You probably already have it.

But in case you didn't. :)

@aprazer402, thanks for the link.

That was the link I found the other night when I went looking for info on the left and right placements of other DCM speakers.

That when I noticed due to their instructions, I had mine backwards. I already had them pointing inward so that was ok. After swapping them around...the sound stage got huge. These TF350's greatly impressed my visitor to where he mentioned them a few times before he left.

He also loved the SRS2's I demo'd them for him. He had always wanted to hear a BIG Polk Audio speaker like these or the bigger ones. He got a good demo tonight. He wants to return and hang out and hear more speakers.

Thanks again. ;)

I might've saved that page the other night myself.
  • Tony M
    We took another car load of stuff to Goodwill this evening.

Some from the back porch and some from the cottage. :)
  • New pictures!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    So, is the plan to roll all of the proceeds, from the speaker and gear sales, into an upgraded system?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    mrbiron wrote: »
    So, is the plan to roll all of the proceeds, from the speaker and gear sales, into an upgraded system?

I've made 260.00 in a couple of weeks. :p
    But the space is easily worth a lot more to me now that I have room to breathe.

I thought a lot about that upgrading over the past 5 years or more SINCE Parasound came out with those newer HALO components. They're with-in my wallets reach now and some might even be reduced being 5 years old and warrantee's running out. I JUST re-read a review of their 2015 Halo Integrated last night. :p

But as I told Drew the other afternoon, I still have two great NAD pieces I love and 3 GAF 555II's I'm going to put back in use soon. Then there's the Pioneer A88X Integrated I've been wanting to bring out from the cabinet again.

I'm already at a point of having enough space "in the front room" to swap gear and speakers easily.

And it feels real good!

I'm going to listen at length now, to things I didn't give much time to before, because of my health and also stuff coming in and nothing going out scenario.

I'll take some more pics tonight. ;)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Outstanding! Keep up the good work. Bob Dylan has a lyric that is spot on sometimes: “The things we have the hardest time parting with are the things we need the least.”
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    Thank you.

That sure makes sense. ;)

Sounds like the saying " If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, it was meant to be".

Another one..."Things are anchors to one's life."

OK.... :) Don't let the past take up too much time of your future, and live today to its fullest. (something like that . )

You can only lose what you cling to. -Buddha.

I just searched for "The Past Affecting our Future" and found gold mines. There's a bunch of stuff on the web by smart thinkers. B)

In the previous post, I meant to type Adcom GFA 555IIs that I'll hook up soon.

The Advents in the center are now gone. The Baby Advents aren't in this pic. but they aren't taking up space now either. :) I wanted to re-foam them but a man emailed (wanting to buy them ) the night before I was going to order surrounds for the Big Advents the next day. :o Prices for new surrounds went up 6.00 since my last purchases. It's still worth 25.00 to bring some back to life though.

zcmljgoubge4.png

The boxes on the table went to Goodwill. The black wooden Cd rack on the floor by the table went too. The Darth Vader helmet stays. :D

f4bntls7f61q.png

utlcbwg2fmrw.png

I moved the Polk RTA 12b's to behind the couch. I move my Polk SDA-CRS's to behind the couch also. That now leaves the little blonde KEF Coda 90's and those GIANT Pioneer CS99A speakers by the little fridge. There's a couple center channel speakers on top beside the fridge also. I'm going to advertise the KEF's soon. I listened to them for hours after I swapped the tweeters. I'm going to swap the DCMs out and put the KEFs in place and see how they sound in open space now.

uvzdjzgxb0v3.png

cbj9ttxh7qxb.png

Dead center of this picture is 2 boxes sitting on that Oak CD cabinet on the floor. These were nice sets also. Very nice. I brought them out from the house. I still have to bring out 5 Chess boards from the house. The set below in a cardboard box is from a limited run of only 50 sets made in Rosewood by "the House of Staunton". I was lucky to get that one. :p

2auajsr0orce.png

ybddhc25vepv.png

pi61bg7oaie3.png

309tljwleokg.png

I can still walk behind the couch. :)
    j474h991gjed.png

These magazines, after looking at each holder the other night, are mostly woodworking magazines. Some Stereophiles but a lot of woodworking mostly. So that helps me. I'll take the woodworking ones to the back room. ( I've thought about putting one of those bookcases into the back room to house these woodworking mags. )

I still have to clear off the 2 chairs. I might bring out some high quality end-tables ( I haven't put them to use in 10+ years either! :s ) and put them where the chairs are. I'll try to sell the end-tables while I use them for speaker stands for my BIG bookies. I can hardly wait to hear these BIG bookies in open space too.

59k2kt44ecqg.png
  • Tony, where are you posting the things that you sell?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony, where are you posting the things that you sell?

Craig's list.

I did have a pop-up that linked my items to all local sales sites. But the pop-up hasn't appeared since last August. :/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I might have been interested in the CD tower. Wonder who the maker was? Muck it!! I just need to bite the bullet and order me a boltz rack for my 500 CD's and DVD discs.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    I still have the tower. :p

It was the thing on the floor that looks like a shoe rack. It is black. 1 1/2' tall. I had some work gloves sitting on it.

I'll always have the 3 sided tower. It has LEDs on the top that pulsed with musical beats. If a bass note stayed for a bit, the lights would stay on for that time.

I saw a glass tower in a stereo store once. That was cool. 4 sided I believe it was. I think the guy said it was 1200.00 and that was 20+ years ago I believe.
  • Tony M
    Man these KEF Coda 90's are just as nice as the TF350's. BIG soundstage and very balanced sound. No sibilance with either pr.. B)

I swapped them out a while ago today before I started to arrange the stuff on and under the chairs.
  • Tony M
    ultgrbitbxj0.png

8p3104zhco2v.png

609pdf8orjv5.png

j6hy2sv28svu.png

5fw84vmzr5tq.png

bq01fk8i6qad.png

pce3fmworukz.png

mvmqvi31r2t7.png

uk0domli2tcz.png
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    They might sound even better if you take off the Darth Vader helmet while you listen, Tony.
  • Clipdat
    Also you don't listen with those bright fluorescent lights on, do you? If so, we need to work on getting you some mood lighting! :)
  • Tony M
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Also you don't listen with those bright fluorescent lights on, do you? If so, we need to work on getting you some mood lighting! :)

I do when I'm doing stuff.

Years ago, I used to turn a little fountain on and light some candles. I also had a fake candle cluster that flickered. That was cool too. I fell asleep many times to water bubbling.

The other night when the man bought my Advents, I turned the fluorescents off and the upper 100w bulbs on when demoing the SRS2's. With no bright panels to reflect off the ceiling, the light from those 3 bulbs seems like they are three 40w by the time the light comes down 16 1/2 ft. to the floor. It really is a comfortable low light atmosphere then.

This was taken after a hurricane blew through and I had no power to run the A/C to cool the room and remove moisture. That was the first time I ever saw moisture like this. But it shows 2 bulbs and how high it is.

ymwo2wxcuif7.png
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    Tonight, I tried to take a picture of the room with just the upper bulbs lit.

The camera kept lightening the pictures as if the lower fluorescents were on. So no-go. :/
  • Tony M
    9g5s9aiwrxex.png

8o086h8vownb.png

2iuj20m3nlgg.png

eo2zr3ta23wy.png

8qmwyny3rxdg.png

0hw55342fjp9.png

i2yotbh79iem.png
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    The old audio/ TV stand is for sale now on Craig's list.

sglabm5ak5oq.png

• Clipdat
    The sweet spot, indeed.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    very nice looks like a whole new room
  • NotaSuv wrote: »

I think he has two storage places.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Now he needs to fix his ceiling and cover the insulation.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    NotaSuv wrote: »

Agreed! Keep up the good work tony!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    Thanks guys. ;)

I did experience that GREAT feeling we get from SITTING in the sweet spot last night. I left the Darth Vader helmet off also. :D

Two remotes to control the CD player and receiver was also a welcome ability. Oh, and also being able to switch between speakers A and B.

I saw last night that I can almost swivel my couch around again to face the SDA-SRS's and New-Form Research's again. It's been since 11-2-2013 and a little after that I know of that I could do that. The old stand and books under the coffee table plus the little end table the other system was sitting on and that huge C1000P center is in the way now but when it's gone I can do it. There's stereo mags on the floor along the SRS2's base line that have to be dealt with still.

yklqnakqjz6d.png

I was thinking about bringing the scaffolding into the room last night. :)

I seriously took the advice of two of you to NOT rent storage rooms. ;)

I'm glad I've donated a bunch of books and sold some things that took up a lot of space instead.

I will need to sell / donate the old audio / TV stand asap and sell some more speakers before the scaffolding will be set up. I did envision that scaffolding in there and when I saw where the Bow-Flex is and the surrounding speakers and two audio carts, I think there's just a little too much still in the way in 1/3 of the room. :'(

My blood sugar levels sure have been great the past month!
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Tony M

Well, I'm able to get to my surround amp and the Elite Disc player so I went to turn it on after plugging in the RT3000Ps and the 2 12" Klipsch subs in the right corner.

I moved the KEFs out of the way of course.

I took the C1000P out of duty the other night because of the rack change.
    I have room under the TV to put it back IF I raise the TV about 6" or more. I'll have to have some kind of awesome support to support that 60lb. beast.

Everything worked but the surrounds are really low in volume. The receiver, a Yamaha 757 I believe has a manual about 50 pages long or more. I dug into it but it was getting late and what I did, didn't help. I got into the select speaker for volume, but I don't know...I need to read more.

I have 2 Bose center channels and I thought one would fit for now. It did.

Demoing that Lord of the Rings beginning again...Unbelievable!!!!!! :p

It can't get any better than this. If you're not a bass-head, stay away. :D I should've taken a db. level test. :p

In the first picture, I had removed the disc and put the cable on to test for volume in the rear channels in 7.1 all channels mode. The surrounds were still quite low in volume. I remember the surrounds playing just fine years ago. :) I usually figure things out after digging deeper into manuals.

Well...now I have 6 remotes. :D

02nby87bopzx.png

ugz7acp0d9mz.png