Earth is spinning faster

Is this the beginning of the end? Is this why I feel dizzy after drinking beer?

"The Earth has been spinning unusually quickly lately, and July 19 saw the shortest day since records began, with the planet completing its rotation in 1.4602 milliseconds less than the usual 86,400 seconds."

https://news.yahoo.com/earth-spinning-faster-now-time-185517858.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Stop the world! I want to get off!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Earth's magnetic poles are getting ready to swap....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    It could be worse, you could fly out of Uranus... :D
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Yeah, you don't mess with the Poles. There was a documentary once with Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard that explored what happens to the planet when the Earth is tilted off its axes.

gbm1a22jhlcc.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    la2vegas wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could talk out of Uranus like I do... :D

fixed...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    msg wrote: »
    Yeah, you don't mess with the Poles. There was a documentary once with Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard that explored what happens to the planet when the Earth is tilted off its axes.

gbm1a22jhlcc.png

This vehicle sat outside a fabrication shop near the back gate of Universal Studios for decades....

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    It's because it wanted 2020 to be gone
    Randy/Maine
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    the earth wobbles on it's axis. This causes a slow change in seasons.
    They built the correction into the calendar. And the North pole shifts around
    all the time. So there's always change afoot.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited January 2021
    la2vegas wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could fly out of Uranus... :D

Or fly into......
    @BlueFox It's only spinning faster since you got the first covid shot
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Some people's heads are spinning a bit too fast in DC today. Good grief. What a disgrace.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Interesting factoid: the Earth's magnetic field is several hundred times weaker than a refrigerator magnet, but of course it covers a much larger area.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Strong enough to hold my iron rich blood on earth...
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    I thought I sensed a little faster movement. Kinda like when I heard improvements in my stereo when I bought that teleportation thing !!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Will this faster spinning have any effect on *spearker* cables, and do they still matter?! 😳

epduj8um9l76.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    Kex wrote: »
    Will this faster spinning have any effect on *spearker* cables, and do they still matter?! 😳

When the earth's magnetic poles switch you will have to change the direction of your cables.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    ⬆️ No doubt! ⬆️
    Alea jacta est!