Earth is spinning faster

BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 14,318
Is this the beginning of the end? Is this why I feel dizzy after drinking beer?

"The Earth has been spinning unusually quickly lately, and July 19 saw the shortest day since records began, with the planet completing its rotation in 1.4602 milliseconds less than the usual 86,400 seconds."

https://news.yahoo.com/earth-spinning-faster-now-time-185517858.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04
Lumin X1 file player
Sony XA-5400ES SACD
Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,759
    Stop the world! I want to get off!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 23,211
    The Earth's magnetic poles are getting ready to swap....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 140
    It could be worse, you could fly out of Uranus... :D
  • msgmsg Posts: 6,358
    Yeah, you don't mess with the Poles. There was a documentary once with Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard that explored what happens to the planet when the Earth is tilted off its axes.

gbm1a22jhlcc.png
    I disabled signatures.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could talk out of Uranus like I do... :D

fixed...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    msg wrote: »
    Yeah, you don't mess with the Poles. There was a documentary once with Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard that explored what happens to the planet when the Earth is tilted off its axes.

gbm1a22jhlcc.png

This vehicle sat outside a fabrication shop near the back gate of Universal Studios for decades....

• boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,743
    It's because it wanted 2020 to be gone
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • sucks2bemesucks2beme Posts: 5,172
    the earth wobbles on it's axis. This causes a slow change in seasons.
    They built the correction into the calendar. And the North pole shifts around
    all the time. So there's always change afoot.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,404
    edited January 6
    la2vegas wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could fly out of Uranus... :D

Or fly into......
    @BlueFox It's only spinning faster since you got the first covid shot
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,416
    Some people's heads are spinning a bit too fast in DC today. Good grief. What a disgrace.
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,878
    Interesting factoid: the Earth's magnetic field is several hundred times weaker than a refrigerator magnet, but of course it covers a much larger area.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 18,209
    Strong enough to hold my iron rich blood on earth...
  • decaldecal Posts: 3,224
    I thought I sensed a little faster movement. Kinda like when I heard improvements in my stereo when I bought that teleportation thing !!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,539
    Will this faster spinning have any effect on *spearker* cables, and do they still matter?! 😳

epduj8um9l76.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • invalidinvalid Posts: 455
    Kex wrote: »
    Will this faster spinning have any effect on *spearker* cables, and do they still matter?! 😳

When the earth's magnetic poles switch you will have to change the direction of your cables.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,539
    ⬆️ No doubt! ⬆️
    Alea jacta est!