Usher MD2

Options

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 677
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I also happened to have the BoX some years ago as well. LoL.

I hooked them up to my Usher 777 bookies. My listening preferences have changed a lot. I like single ended amps and the low volume detail they are capable of.

I did not plan on buying the BoX today either. I have no cables to hook any of this stuff up with.

Oh man... No Eiba 2's... Did you pick up what I think you did?

haha
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    edited December 2020
    Options
    lneu804oomd7.jpeg
    When I left the house today, I never dreamed I would have come home with these. The Elba 2 are simply fantastic, especially for the money, but I just couldn’t turn these down...though I came close for financial reasons.

Listening to Norah Jones now and the vocals are just...Wow! “Come Away With Me” just started playing. Just beautiful.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    lneu804oomd7.jpeg
    When I left the house today, I never dreamed I would have come home with these. The Elba 2 are simply fantastic, especially for the money, but I just couldn’t turn these down...though I came close for financial reasons.

Listening to Norah Jones now and the vocals are just...Wow! “Come Away With Me” just started playing. Just beautiful.

That Norah Jones album is the first one I play on any new equipment.

Congrats on the new speakers, what are they?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,132
    Options
    lneu804oomd7.jpeg

Congratulations! I think the Fiesole 2 are true end game territory. In the right room, these produce some of the best imaging I think I've heard. Enjoy them, just in time for the holiday.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Congratulations Paul!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    "The design of the novelty inherits its first version more than 10 years ago. The cabinet still uses a mix of materials with different mechanical characteristics. This time, it adds aluminum side panels and an updated brace system, complete with rubber elements. The damped front panel is made in a sandwich structure of thick aluminum and HDF. Sound diffusing surfaces are applied inside the cabinet, combined with three different types of sound absorbing materials."

Nice and congratulations! ;)
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »

That Norah Jones album is the first one I play on any new equipment.

Congrats on the new speakers, what are they?

Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole 2.

Congratulations! I think the Fiesole 2 are true end game territory. In the right room, these produce some of the best imaging I think I've heard. Enjoy them, just in time for the holiday.

Definitely end game territory for me. That played into my decision to go ahead and spend the money now and get them. You've heard the Elba 2, so you know how nice they are, but the Fiesole is simply better (which it should be given the price difference). The only negatives for me are 1) I prefer floorstanders aesthetically and 2) I'll eventually need to upgrade my stands.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • halen
    Options
    lneu804oomd7.jpeg

Paul,
    Very nice!!!

“Come away with me”. Was that was you heard when Skip hooked up the bookies? I mean. It did go with you. Hehehe.

halen
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Halen you need to post a pic of those beautiful MD2's in their new home.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    Hope I didn't have a hand in sending you down this rabbit hole :*
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @PSOVLSK stands. what finish on the speakers?
    https://timbernation.com/m4legspst_popup.html
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Hope I didn't have a hand in sending you down this rabbit hole :*

I’d give you credit, not blame😁

But yes, you have had a hand in it. The first time I heard your MD2 (which I helped Skip move yesterday) was at least a beginning down the hole.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    9bkdxr4e0hoy.jpg
    These stands are serious too! As the Ushers that rest upon them !
    (Great surrounds)
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I always like those Usher stands as they allow to set perfect listening heights
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Those are INSANE surrounds. Beautiful stands!
  • halen
    Options
    No kidding to the insane surrounds. Like the stands as well
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Those are INSANE surrounds. Beautiful stands!

Yes and they compliment my mains so well! Movies are a hoot! Another set of speakers I doubt I will part with !

Anxious for your take on the new little guys ! They look amazing and betting they sound amazing too!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• halen
    Options
    Ron,
    I do. Pretty much the only thing I kept. I wanna be like THJ, so I am using for surround duty too! Hehehe

izc71iu9ccpd.jpeg
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    Ron,
    I do. Pretty much the only thing I kept. I wanna be like THJ, so I am using for surround duty too! Hehehe

izc71iu9ccpd.jpeg

Those are beautiful!
  • halen
    Options
    I was also joking, I do not use those as surrounds. Haha. The Usher bookies are still sitting in a closet collecting dust. My kiddos are older now, 5 and 2 but not old enough for me to put out the bookies yet.

Cheers.
  • marvda1
    Options
    i would place a fenced containment area around them. :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I was also joking, I do not use those as surrounds. Haha. The Usher bookies are still sitting in a closet collecting dust. My kiddos are older now, 5 and 2 but not old enough for me to put out the bookies yet.

Cheers.

They are NOT BOOKIES!!

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Every time I see pics of those speakers I think elephant perched on a stick. They are massive!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options

Cheers.
    Think my bookies are a tad smaller but I’d still use those as surrounds in a minute!
  • txcoastal1
    edited December 2020
    Options

Cheers.
    Think my bookies are a tad smaller but I’d still use those as surrounds in a minute!

As when Halen feels safe with 82lb speakers on stands...the CP777's will make great surrounds

• halen
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Cheers.

As when Halen feels safe with 82lb speakers on stands...the CP777's will make great surrounds

They are back breakers for sure. And having a honey badger as a son. Not good to have out.

Mean time. These are beauties!!

bjwkk4np10d9.jpeg
  • halen
    Options
    I went searching through every closet and unopened boxes in my home. I still have quite a few boxes not opened yet since I built this house last year. Luckily, I still have a pair of Kimbers I got from EnderShadow. I think.
  • txcoastal1
    edited December 2020
    Options

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Congrats on the pick up Halen

And the Fiesole 2 look superb as well Paul
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound