Happy Halloween Polkies

Options

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    My favorites were Vincent Price, The Walking Dead (but I was using a pic of Ron where he was looking down at a phone and didn't get a better pic of him until later and didn't want to redo it), Beetlejuice, tomorrow's pic with a pumpkin, and Twisty the Clown.

I probably spent more time on Drew's Scream poster than any other. The pic of him was taken at an audio show where he was sitting in a chair. The pic was taken from behind and he had his head turned around backwards like the Exorcist. Bad lighting, everything had an orange shade to it. It took forever to get his head to match the others in the poster. Never did get it perfect. The other characters in that poster looked waxy, but I couldn't duplicate that without making Drew look blurry. I'm sure there was a way to do it, but I'm self-taught and not a professional. My method is trial and error.

Next year, this is going to be by request and you have to supply the selfie. It's too difficult and time consuming trying to find pics of everyone, but I wanted these to be a surprise.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    You definitely have earned at least 100 Attaboys for your time and effort. Excellent work.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    I think you missed the scariest thing, Joey's shorts never made an appearance.
    Fantastic job on this.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Day 31
    2jb6rvsfaukp.jpg

luw3a0a1mo7e.jpg
    @pumpkinman

This concludes "The 31 Days of October". I hope this thread brought an October smile to what has been an otherwise crappy year. If you weren't featured in this thread, I couldn't find your picture.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Jimbo18 is ...... Wow !
    Sal Palooza
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Day 31
    2jb6rvsfaukp.jpg

luw3a0a1mo7e.jpg
    @pumpkinman

This concludes "The 31 Days of October". I hope this thread brought an October smile to what has been an otherwise crappy year. If you weren't featured in this thread, I couldn't find your picture.

Damn that is so cool.
    Happy Halloween everyone
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Very cool.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    That was funny and all, but super weird and deserves a perma-ban.

:D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I'm just glad no one got mad at me!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,636
    Options
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    edited October 2020
    Options

Would it be okay to share my "Lurch" photo on my FB page? And if so, let me know how to credit it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Jim just tell them its a morning shot
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Day 31
    2jb6rvsfaukp.jpg

luw3a0a1mo7e.jpg
    @pumpkinman

I think that should be your new avatar @Pumpkinman
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Jim just tell them its a money shot

Fixed it for ya.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

Would it be okay to share my "Lurch" photo on my FB page? And if so, let me know how to credit it.
    Sure, I made them for you guys to do whatever with. No credit needed.
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    Day 31
    2jb6rvsfaukp.jpg

luw3a0a1mo7e.jpg
    @pumpkinman

I think that should be your new avatar @Pumpkinman

Done :smile:
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Can't wait for the 12 days of Christmas :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Just from experimenting with making my own avatars, I found that when I resized the image myself to 200x200 and then uploaded the image to the forum as an avatar, it was much clearer than having the forum utility resize it. Plus it gave me an opportunity to increase the sharpness after sizing it down.

zme3w7j06mj4.jpg
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    himrh8szx1o8.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    Just from experimenting with making my own avatars, I found that when I resized the image myself to 200x200 and then uploaded the image to the forum as an avatar, it was much clearer than having the forum utility resize it. Plus it gave me an opportunity to increase the sharpness after sizing it down.

zme3w7j06mj4.jpg

I did size to 200x200 and then I cropped some
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options

zme3w7j06mj4.jpg

I see it is a little fuzz isn’t.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Thanks for the entertainment. I looked forward to checking this thread each morning What a great talent!

Happy Halloween 🎃
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    @Hermitism

Hey bro, you out there??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    edited December 2020
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    @Hermitism

Hey bro, you out there??
    Sup? Haven't been on here much, but try to pop in when I can. Things are just chaotic right now.
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    @Hermitism

Hey bro, you out there??
    Sup? Haven't been on here much, but try to pop in when I can. Thing are just chaotic right now.

That’s an understatement
  • Hermitism
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I just watched "The picture of Dorian Grey" again the other night. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    iers4texip0f.png

The H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio presents the annual entries of the... (if you posted a pic of yourself on the forum, it's fair game) Halloween thread. If I find a picture of you, you better believe that soon or later you're getting put into a horror movie poster. I only had time to complete about a third as many as last year, so you'll get two or three per week through October.

And so it begins...

f97xgr95shlb.jpg
    @CarlJacobson_POLK
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I really enjoyed your work last year.

I could use your talented poster-worthy art to keep cheering me up again this year too.

Happy Halloween to you too.
    o9lm3pgwn7au.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.