Heart attack, not good

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Wishing you well! Spank a nurse and walk around visiting all the patents. Never know what famous person you make make friends with.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    vmaxer, you are aware that there's easier - and safer! - ways to get a helicopter ride, no? ;)

Prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Hang in there. One step at a time.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    vmaxer wrote: »
    My chest and both arms had been hurting for 3 days but it would t ease up at times. Well it took a turn for the worse yesterday. I went to our local hospital and the doctor said it was a really bad one. They put me in a helicopter and flew me to Nashville. Getting good care but a bit concerned. They said my heart was only pumping at around 25.%. They moved me to ICU and put a catheter in my neck going to my l heart. They said this was a STEMI type and it was the widow maker.

I would appreciate any prayers or positive thoughts.

T
    Good Prayers sent!

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Prayers sent. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    We're all with you brother.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Daggone....take it easy bud, prayers for a speedy recovery.
  • Prayers and positive thoughts brother! You will be back at it before long !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Went through it three years ago myself. In my prayers.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Hoping for a speedy and full recovery.
  • Our Father, please hear all of our prayers asking for your help in the recovery of one of our own.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Good luck. Prayers sent out. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Sorry to hear this man.Hang in there and I’ll keep you in my prayers.
    If you need valve replacement insist on Telefunken!
    Take care.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Praying for a full recovery.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    God bless your recovery
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Jeez...Good Luck and praying for a full recovery.

Think on the bright side, you did get a helicopter ride!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    prayers sent your way.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Prayers and get well soon!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Will keep you in my thoughts, take it easy and listen to the Docs!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Will pray for you, pal. You're in the right place in Nashville. Are you at Vanderbilt, St. Thomas, or Centennial?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Will pray for you, pal. You're in the right place in Nashville. Are you at Vanderbilt, St. Thomas, or Centennial?

I am in St Thomas
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • jdjohn
    They've always had a good cardiology program there. Good to see you posting o:)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2020
    From this picture, it looks like the whole hospital is dedicated to heart studies and cures. oops, just saw a cancer wing. I guess all hospitals have cancer wings now.
    nc4s9mmrxch9.png

You're in the right hospital for sure.

I guess doctors and nurses like Taco Bell...they can walk to it in a minute.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    God bless you buddy. Hang tough, it ain't over until it's over.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    You'll be OK as long as you don't hear the fat lady singing! Sounds like you are where you need to be right now. Best wishes for a speedy hospital exit to home.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • jdjohn
    Tony M wrote: »
    ...it looks like the whole hospital is dedicated to heart studies and cures. oops, just saw a cancer wing. I guess all hospitals have cancer wings now.

You're in the right hospital for sure.

I guess doctors and nurses like Taco Bell...they can walk to it in a minute.
    Healthcare is very competitive in Nashville. St. Thomas (part of Ascension) has two campuses (west and mid-town), Columbia/HCA/Tri-Star is based here, including their flagship Centennial Med Ctr, and then Vanderbilt Univ. Med Ctr for those who prefer an academic twist ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nothing but the very best for you and your family. God Bless and good health.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Prayers for a speedy and full recovery. God bless!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A