Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    ^^^ Nice job, those blend very well. Some are just too rustic for the rooms.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Dirty & sloppy out here. Just the way... nevermind.

yg89mr003j9i.jpg

We had 2-3" of snow overnight. Too early for this!!!!! Possible record low temp. tonight, into the mid-teens. If we get below it will break a 95 year old record. Let's not and say we did! :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    lightman1 wrote: »
    c301a3ea03ki.jpg

I'm in a cave.....

And that lighting well it sure brings out your eyes....
    Trim your nose hair🤭😉
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    @hermitism -- I sense an opportunity here...
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    The "31 Days of October" is my swan song. Just sticking to audio related stuff.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2020
    It's only the twenty-sixth.
    Not trying to be a bad influence or anything.

:#

EDIT: PS -- just kidding (in case that's not clear)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited October 2020
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2020
    Rick88 wrote: »

rh8y0y4rx1ef.jpg

... and he was so close, too.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Rick88 wrote: »
    rh8y0y4rx1ef.jpg

New Instructors Daily!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    A little. When we went to Richmond I loved falling asleep on the back seat floor.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    We only buckled up when we were driving during Ice/snow storms... Good times!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    We never buckled up - because there were no such things as seat belts. Never got to sleep in the back window. You might crush Dad's fedora. B)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited October 2020
    Remember some of the station wagon's rear facing 3rd seat? That was always weird riding in them especially on a long drive.

Also remember riding in my Dad's car with my mother with both of them smoking with the windows rolled up. It looked like fog in air in the car's interior. Probably why I never picked up the smoking habit.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yes. I didn’t think of the smoking. Those were the good old days. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Milito wrote: »
    Remember some of the station wagon's rear facing 3rd seat? That was always weird riding in them especially on a long drive.

Also remember riding in my Dad's car with my mother with both of them smoking with the windows rolled up. It looked like fog in air in the car's interior. Probably why I never picked up the smoking habit.

It was always a treat to get to put the rear facing seat up and be able to play back there.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Milito wrote: »

Wow! This post really resonates with me.

My parents both smoked in the car when I was very little and I remember hating it. In August of 1969, we visited friends and they convinced my parents to stop smoking. That very same day, we left their house to go to a park for a barbecue and I distinctly remember riding in the back of our station wagon facing backwards on the way to the park.

Obviously I didn't remember the quitting smoking part of that day (I was a few months short of turning 5) but years later my mother was talking about when my parents quit and it just happened to be that day, of which I otherwise remember several details. :o

And as far as I know, seatbelts didn't even exist until the late 90s.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yep did that nap thing on the deck. Mom had that hockey 🏒 stick arm to keep you in the seat during a hard stop while up front. I remember once dad armor all'd the vinyl seats in the 76 Dodge club cab. Dad went peeling around the corner showing off out in the country. Off we went into the field, I thought wow thats cool, look dad can drive from the passenger side as he's mashin me up against the door.
    Yep he NEVER used that stuff on the seats again

"hockey 🏒 stick arm and mashin"
    Ivan, a great story. It made me really laugh out loud. Those old memories are great, and growing up fun - didn't know how much danger we were in.

Where did you grow up?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA