2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Plus

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Hello everyone,
I traded in the Durango which was amazingly good to me. I actually miss it right now a bit. BUT I got a new beast and man is it nice.

It just came off the truck yesterday , my salesman let me know it was there, they put it into the shop for inspection and new car prep. I didn't however allow them to detail it. I wanted to take it home and do it myself. I actually drove it home with the plastic still in the inside , window sticker in the window and not touched by anyone but me.
It's Black on black so the last thing I want is a typical detailer to swirl it up with wash scratches. I'm super anal about my vehicles and I use to be a Detailer back in my college days. I'm still very good at it today where I could easily go pro.

Anyway It's awesome the 392 engine is so much more powerful then the 5.7 and in my car I have not even did any kind of pull. I did however test drive many of them before I figured out my build. I'm gonna properly break it in for it's first 500 miles, then the gloves are off and the 1/4 mile is going to be had as I usually do.hssaxh3l6vhc.jpeg
g20y31rr574z.jpeg
9pfrepcdlgis.jpeg
u9jk545c3ccp.jpeg
jfcsda3ob81v.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Congrats on the new car, but I don't envy you trying to keep that black finish looking clean! Brave man!

Funny you should post this now, I was just out driving and saw one of these on the road in this color:

uploads_2F19_Export.jpg-_-1561585916772-_-9nifqmkcvzd-_-VehicleImage-_-337251-_-19_Export.jpg?1561585918

Looked absolutely incredible on the road in motion. This is truly a car where photos do not do it justice, it has to be seen in person to be able to properly appreciate the lines and dimensions. Great design!
  • mantis
    Options
    Thats called Octane Red, It was on my list of colors. Dude the issue with Dodge is they have to many damn awesome colors. I couldn't decide which way to go. I was gonna go Go Mango then Octane Red then Frostbite which I almost got then Smoke Show then White. But then I decided on Black due to a nasty mean looking Daytona I saw that just took my breath away.
    Dan
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Good looking car! Have fun!!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Beauty!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I'm seriously eyeing the Hellcat Durango right now. May pull the trigger.

Looks sweet. Congrats!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • mantis
    Options
    Thorton wrote: »
    I'm seriously eyeing the Hellcat Durango right now. May pull the trigger.

Looks sweet. Congrats!
    They won't be out till next year. Everything is pushed back. 2020's are still coming in off the trucks. Mine just came off the truck Yesterday.
    The New Durango Hellcat is stupid nice just way out of my price range. I loved my 2017 R/T Durango which was still a cool 55k which is about 1/2 of what the Hellcat Durango is going to sell for especially if you load it up like mine was.
    If you get one you gotta post it here and leave a review. That new interior is so nice.

Dan
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Ill admit I am not a big Dodge guy but that is a rad looking car...has some faint styling cues from the Viper maybe?
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Congrats, great looking car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Sweet!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    You free on Nov 3 ?
    I need a ride to the polls.
    Sal Palooza
  • mantis
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Ill admit I am not a big Dodge guy but that is a rad looking car...has some faint styling cues from the Viper maybe?
    The Hood Probably, it has a SRT hood on it but it doesn't have a newer style Hellcat hood with the Heat extractors which I actually prefer NOT to have the heat extractors as they let water into the engine bay mores then the center hood scoop. i keep a perfectly as possible engine bay and it would drive me crazy to see those dirty spots where the heat extractors are.
    Dan
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I traded in the Durango which was amazingly good to me. I actually miss it right now a bit. BUT I got a new beast and man is it nice.

It just came off the truck yesterday , my salesman let me know it was there, they put it into the shop for inspection and new car prep. I didn't however allow them to detail it. I wanted to take it home and do it myself. I actually drove it home with the plastic still in the inside , window sticker in the window and not touched by anyone but me.
    It's Black on black so the last thing I want is a typical detailer to swirl it up with wash scratches. I'm super anal about my vehicles and I use to be a Detailer back in my college days. I'm still very good at it today where I could easily go pro.

Anyway It's awesome the 392 engine is so much more powerful then the 5.7 and in my car I have not even did any kind of pull. I did however test drive many of them before I figured out my build. I'm gonna properly break it in for it's first 500 miles, then the gloves are off and the 1/4 mile is going to be had as I usually do.hssaxh3l6vhc.jpeg
    g20y31rr574z.jpeg
    9pfrepcdlgis.jpeg
    u9jk545c3ccp.jpeg
    jfcsda3ob81v.jpeg

Congratulations!! What an absolutely beautiful car! I’m sure you are enjoying the crap out of it!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Beautiful car.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Looks good! What's your go to products for the paint?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah @mantis why don't you run down your maintenance detailing regimen, and list of products used.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    Spill the beans man! What are you using on that beauty??
  • vmaxer
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Spill the beans man! What are you using on that beauty??

He has posted it in the past.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Congrats @mantis on the new vehicle. Enjoy it.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

Thanks for the discussion links!
  • mantis
    edited October 2020
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    Looks good! What's your go to products for the paint?
    I use Griots Garage Polish which is bodyshop quality with no silicon or waxes in it.
    I also use Griots Garage 3-1 Ceramic Spray coating. As a topper I use Adam's Polishes CS3. CS3 is an amazing product. You can use it as a waterless wash, a Drying agent and a Topper on a coating.
    https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-spray-coating/products/adams-cs3?variant=32380515942497
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/complete+polish.do
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ceramic+3in1+wax.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn I use to be a Paint sealant wax kinda guy but once I started messing around with Ceramics, I'm completely hooked.

The Scat Pack is going to get a Full ceramic Treatment
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yeah @mantis why don't you run down your maintenance detailing regimen, and list of products used.
    Ok ,
    For weekly maintenance here is what I do.
    1- Use Adam's Wheel and Tire Cleaner on the wheels using a 3 gallon bucket with a grit guard. I use Adams Car Shampoo in the bucket with a few ounces of Shampoo and about 1/2 to 3/4 filled with water. I use Adam's Polishes wheel and tire brushes along with their Wheel woolly and Barrel brush.
    2- Fully rinse the rims and then the entire car to remove any loose grim dirt etc.
    3- I use a Gas engine Honda Pressure washer with a Foam Cannon. This will help remove more dirt grime without touching the paint by hand. I leave it foamed for at least 3-5 minutes. I also work in the shade not direct sunlight. You can work in the sun you just can't leave the foam on their for 5 minutes it will dry up. I use Adams Polishes Mega Foam in the cannon.
    4- Full rinse after the 5 minute waiting time.
    5- 2nd Bucket will have a few ounces of Adams Polishes Car Shampoo in it with 3/4 filled water. Again using a 3 gallon bucket.
    6- I use Chemical Guys wash mitts as they are incredibly soft microfiber and trap dirt away from your pain. I was in straight lines to avoid circle swirls from the washing by hand process. Straight lines are much easier to polish out IF you ge them. This technic highly prevents washing scratches.
    6- Rinse fully.
    7- I use a Honda Leaf Blower to dry the wheels and tires and get out as much water out of the cracks around the car to prevent dripping after drying. I air dry the car as much as possible.
    8- Adams Polishes Drying Towel. This thing is amazing I can dry the entire car without needing another towel. I use the drop and drag technic and try to avoid using any hand pressure. With the drying Towel I use Adams Polishes Detail spray as a drying agent. This gives the paint another layer of soft slickness to again avoid any drying swirls.
    8- All dorr jams including underneath the hood gets 2 Micro Fiber general Duty from The Rag Company towels and I use Adams Polishes Detail Spray to wipe away any loose dirt and the detail spray adds a great shine.
    9- Windows get Cleaned with Chemical Guys Streak Free Window cleaner inside and out as needed. The inside isn't usually cleaned each week unless needed. But the outside gets a full clean.
    10- Vaccum out the entire car including the trunk
    11- Tires get Dressed with Jay Leno's Tire and Trim Dressing. This is a Satin look produce with no sling. I apply it with a Adams Polish tire dressing sponge. I use light amount of product and work it into the tires to give them the look you see in the pic. Tires look new not shiny dressed. Nice and Satin Black is what I prefer over high gloss. High Gloss dressing usually end up all over the lower parts of your car after you drive it. It slings and makes a mess. Screw that.

MONTHY
    Once a month I do the exact steps above but instead of the detail spray I use Adams Polishes CS3 SIO2 Ceramic spray. This stuff really help maintain the Spray Ceramic coating and leaves the most awesome shine. I love this stuff.

SOMETIMES IN BETWEEEN WASHES.
    - I use Adam's Waterless Wash. This is killer product for dust and bugs. If you get bugs on the front of your car and mirrors , this stuff is amazing. You simply spray it on the bugged area and wipe off with a Micro Fiber towel. I also use Waterless wash in some weeks as my vehicle isn't really dirty enough for a full wash. I simply use it to wipe down all outside surfaces including the wheels, just not the tires. I use a dry towel on them or a super light mist on a General purpose Micro Fiber towel to wipe off any light dirt. I will also use CS3 for this job if it's been a few weeks since I used it. I don't use it each week as you can get a build up.

Any detailing questions are welcome, products etc.
    My Go to Prodcuts come
    Adams Polishes
    Griots garage
    Chemical Guys
    Maguires
    Any one of those companies lines can be used only if you like all the same stuff. I think Griots Garage and Adams Polishes are the top brands and Chemical Guys and Maguries are fantastic stuff.
    Dan
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Dan, ever thought of doing some Youtube content on your methods? Since you spend a considerable amount of time doing the cleaning others may find some good tips and eventually you could pocket a little money too. Depends on how comfortable you are with speaking on camera and video editing.

You obviously know what you are doing!
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    Ok ,
    For weekly maintenance here is what I do.
    1- Use Adam's Wheel and Tire Cleaner on the wheels using a 3 gallon bucket with a grit guard. I use Adams Car Shampoo in the bucket with a few ounces of Shampoo and about 1/2 to 3/4 filled with water. I use Adam's Polishes wheel and tire brushes along with their Wheel woolly and Barrel brush.
    2- Fully rinse the rims and then the entire car to remove any loose grim dirt etc.
    3- I use a Gas engine Honda Pressure washer with a Foam Cannon. This will help remove more dirt grime without touching the paint by hand. I leave it foamed for at least 3-5 minutes. I also work in the shade not direct sunlight. You can work in the sun you just can't leave the foam on their for 5 minutes it will dry up. I use Adams Polishes Mega Foam in the cannon.
    4- Full rinse after the 5 minute waiting time.
    5- 2nd Bucket will have a few ounces of Adams Polishes Car Shampoo in it with 3/4 filled water. Again using a 3 gallon bucket.
    6- I use Chemical Guys wash mitts as they are incredibly soft microfiber and trap dirt away from your pain. I was in straight lines to avoid circle swirls from the washing by hand process. Straight lines are much easier to polish out IF you ge them. This technic highly prevents washing scratches.
    6- Rinse fully.
    7- I use a Honda Leaf Blower to dry the wheels and tires and get out as much water out of the cracks around the car to prevent dripping after drying. I air dry the car as much as possible.
    8- Adams Polishes Drying Towel. This thing is amazing I can dry the entire car without needing another towel. I use the drop and drag technic and try to avoid using any hand pressure. With the drying Towel I use Adams Polishes Detail spray as a drying agent. This gives the paint another layer of soft slickness to again avoid any drying swirls.
    8- All dorr jams including underneath the hood gets 2 Micro Fiber general Duty from The Rag Company towels and I use Adams Polishes Detail Spray to wipe away any loose dirt and the detail spray adds a great shine.
    9- Windows get Cleaned with Chemical Guys Streak Free Window cleaner inside and out as needed. The inside isn't usually cleaned each week unless needed. But the outside gets a full clean.
    10- Vaccum out the entire car including the trunk
    11- Tires get Dressed with Jay Leno's Tire and Trim Dressing. This is a Satin look produce with no sling. I apply it with a Adams Polish tire dressing sponge. I use light amount of product and work it into the tires to give them the look you see in the pic. Tires look new not shiny dressed. Nice and Satin Black is what I prefer over high gloss. High Gloss dressing usually end up all over the lower parts of your car after you drive it. It slings and makes a mess. Screw that.

MONTHY
    Once a month I do the exact steps above but instead of the detail spray I use Adams Polishes CS3 SIO2 Ceramic spray. This stuff really help maintain the Spray Ceramic coating and leaves the most awesome shine. I love this stuff.

SOMETIMES IN BETWEEEN WASHES.
    - I use Adam's Waterless Wash. This is killer product for dust and bugs. If you get bugs on the front of your car and mirrors , this stuff is amazing. You simply spray it on the bugged area and wipe off with a Micro Fiber towel. I also use Waterless wash in some weeks as my vehicle isn't really dirty enough for a full wash. I simply use it to wipe down all outside surfaces including the wheels, just not the tires. I use a dry towel on them or a super light mist on a General purpose Micro Fiber towel to wipe off any light dirt. I will also use CS3 for this job if it's been a few weeks since I used it. I don't use it each week as you can get a build up.

Any detailing questions are welcome, products etc.
    My Go to Prodcuts come
    Adams Polishes
    Griots garage
    Chemical Guys
    Maguires
    Any one of those companies lines can be used only if you like all the same stuff. I think Griots Garage and Adams Polishes are the top brands and Chemical Guys and Maguries are fantastic stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to leave such great instructions.
  • mantis
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Dan, ever thought of doing some Youtube content on your methods? Since you spend a considerable amount of time doing the cleaning others may find some good tips and eventually you could pocket a little money too. Depends on how comfortable you are with speaking on camera and video editing.

You obviously know what you are doing!
    My son and I talked about it and if I had the extra time I would absolutely do it. I think it's fun and really enjoy it.
    Dan
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Can I safely assume that because the car lives in the garage, you never need to utilize a claybar as part of your detailing regimen?
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    .....and if I had the extra time I would absolutely do it.

Well stop spending hours a week cleaning your car :)

To each its own I guess. I just don't know how can you spend so much time on that. And black car? They are dust magnets.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    No under the hood pics?...Lame... Nice car though!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    There are 2 doors too many.
  • mantis
    Options
    Can I safely assume that because the car lives in the garage, you never need to utilize a claybar as part of your detailing regimen?
    Clay Bars and Iron Removers I use only when necessary. I go over my entire paint surface even when brand new. When I'm doing a full correction, I use both to make sure the surface is fully prepped .

Dan