Monitor 10B Drivers

Good morning y'all. I have a couple sets of 10Bs and one of my drivers blew. It has happened before but I have used my 2 spares. It has been a while, but I seem to remember that there were two different drivers and I wanted to be sure that I picked up the right ones. I know I could have probably found this info if I was better at searching but I appreciate any help y'all can give me.

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank y'all for your quick responses. I believe I have used the 6500 and 6503 in my 10s and 5jrs. I think I have one 6500 left but it's time to pick up some spare parts I guess.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The earliest were unmarked unpainted and were MW6500s, I've also see MW6600X, and MW6503

That's interesting Dave I knew they did come with MW6500 in the beginning. Looking at the schematic's provided by Polk the only drivers mentioned are MW6501 Which I believe could of been a MW6600 as those MW6600's were popular with early Polks. All later have MW6503 listed. One would think anything 10B would of been MW6503, but we also know how Polk switched up on the fly many times.

Forgot the 6501s, seen them too. A lot of happy campers were working in the assembly area from what I've gathered.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

• gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,796
    ^^ Yes from what I've heard and read the wacky weed was flowing free and easy back then. :smiley:
    Let's all try and be excellent to each other always. JMO
    ---
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
    ---
    "Close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Thermonuclear Weapons."
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    Gimpod Custom 4th & 5th Gen SDA Circuit Boards
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 757
    edited September 2020
    gimpod wrote: »
    ^^ Yes from what I've heard and read the wacky weed was flowing free and easy back then. :smiley:

What are you trien to say? What is this wacky weed that you speak of? 4dc4we4djeuv.jpg
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,919