Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I agree! What am I worried about?

I was shocked to see my RTi12's cross-over board being the size of a Rubik's cube or smaller.

Heart surgery #2 and #3 is now facing me. :#:p

8gaant0ymtpb.png

h785ozn5ce44.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited September 2020
    CH46E wrote: »
    @BlueBirdMusic didn't the 924 come with a 4cyl audi engine?

@CH46E, I had to look it up. My memory capabilities have slipped a little.

"The Porsche 924 used an Audi four-cylinder engine and a rear-mounted transaxle." (from internet)

By the way, I now drive a made in Japan 1998 RAV4 with about 130K miles.

Prior to the 1998 RAV4, I drove a 1999 made in Japan RAV4 with over 320K miles totaled when a 16 year old pulled out in front of me. It was the best car I have ever owned. Going backwards in car years now.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited September 2020
    Tony M wrote: »
    I agree! What am I worried about?

I was shocked to see my RTi12's cross-over board being the size of a Rubik's cube or smaller.

Heart surgery #2 and #3 is now facing me. :#:p

8gaant0ymtpb.png

h785ozn5ce44.png

You can make your own replacement and make it as large as you like -- at some point, though, the volume of the XO and its components could alter the speaker system tuning. Srsly.

The alternative -- which is (IMO) a danged good one -- is to outboard the XO.
    Many of the cool kids do this. B)

47715534881_04eb1d9cc4_b.jpgDSC_4469 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

... and here's my inspiration (JE is my inspiration for a lot of things hifi -- and the designer of my amplifier)

f0p76tmc66mh.png
    source: https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2018/01/altec-2-way-xo-redux.html

Even some of the cool adults do, too. ;)

30263283421_f58434f663_b.jpgJBL N600 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    26003722301_5a135297d1_c.jpg604Etest2 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Tony M
    I hear you.

Even with the humungous volume of these RTi12s internal volume?

I know I'm not going $$$$ on new big/giant caps on these. In fact, I'd love to get normal replacements for the CAPS. I see the resistors I bought are twice as long as the originals. The 5 watt mills are the same size but they might burn up like the originals.

I think I can make the 12 watt Mills work.

Now..it looks to me the tweeter resistor is mounted inside the same copper path. ?

I thought the electrical path had to go in one way and out the other on a different coper path. Am I missing something?

ndknnqwrm7qx.png
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Looks like there are two separate "traces" connected to the resistor if I am interpreting the photo correctly. It also looks like the PC board itself may have gotten somewhat toasted -- which could be a problem.
  • Tony M
    edited September 2020
    Thanks Doc.

The 2 little solder points under the resistor are coming from the resistor. Almost center of the pic. but to the right and up a touch. I looked at them in 2 different study times but didn't look at the other 2 resistors to see if they are on the same copper trace. I should have. Most likely I'll go out tonight after dinner and look at the others. ;)

I was wondering about the scorched earth/board issues! :#

• A Victory bike ?
    Sal Palooza
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    0urujtusmdc7.png

Love it! My hair needs some help! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    edited September 2020
    @CH46E Good looking pup. It’s like losing a kid. :/
    Louis Vuitton is 17 now, he still loves anything outdoors. It’ll be a bad day when he goes.
  • Tony M
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Looks like there are two separate "traces" connected to the resistor if I am interpreting the photo correctly. It also looks like the PC board itself may have gotten somewhat toasted -- which could be a problem.

I went out after dinner and sure enough, the other 2 resistor's legs are pegged to separate traces.

Looking at the schematic, I see the other 2 resistors interacting with other components of their circuits.

The Tweeter's resistor is ON a straight line----> to a Capacitor.

qdfnmdh9a3md.png

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Viking64 wrote: »
    He might be a tight end now, but by the playoffs he'll be a wide receiver. :o

is0oqn2beha6.jpg

That's terrible! Funny but terrible!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • y9tjfchuckrs.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • fish357
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    He might be a tight end now, but by the playoffs he'll be a wide receiver. :o

is0oqn2beha6.jpg

That's terrible! Funny but terrible!

I used to work with a guy whose parents hated him so much (they must have), they named him Harry Crouch.
    Great guy, awful name.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2020
    I went to school with a fellow named Peter Stiffe.

The truth.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    First Lady of Texas... Ima Hogg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • fish357
    What are humans thinking when they bestow their children with these names??
    In Noblesville, where I lived for decades, the plumbing service next door is owned by Dick Butz. Smh
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Here's a pic I took in Daphne, Alabama

ezvli1sm0nar.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a