Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Those have been ridden hard and left in the rain... #walkaway.

Please have a seat over here John.

Yes, this is an intervention.

The Polk family is all here today because we love you but we're worried about your use of hashtags. You're not even the same person anymore. I saw you going through my wallet. I know you stole money so you could go out and buy more hashtag. I think cold turkey is best here but we'll be by your side while you do it.

#poundsand :p;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Here is a pair of SRS's on the Georgia coast.

Has them listed as 1.2tl's....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2660843500829452/

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,164
    They could be 1.2's if they have the pin/blade IC socket.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Picture on the back looks like the pin blade to me.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,164
    Are you referring to the label when you say the picture on the back? If so, the sticker shows blade/blade. We can't go by the label because Polk used old stock parts on newer models. We need to see the actual socket itself in order to confirm.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    Someone grab these CRS stands! No affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114317825679
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2020
    SRS 2's in Spartanburg SC

Priced a little to high for me but these are actually my favorite SDA speaker...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/608935110010082/
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • xjghost
    TroyD wrote: »
    SRS 2's in Spartanburg SC

Priced a little to high for me but these are actually my favorite SDA speaker...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/608935110010082/

I'm not that familiar with the SDA line and where they all fall. I love the 3.1's I have and really need to get them to the house in Camden. I also noticed that guy has other stuff for sale. Half tempted to pm him. I've always wanted to meet some of the fellow audio people and experience and learn more.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    11T's in Delaware near Philly. Given the apparent condition, I think these are a good buy. If I had a place for them they'd be mine.
    5jiwsi3r6jxf.jpg

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/d/wilmington-vintage-polk-monitor-11t/7175010643.html
  • xjghost
    DaveHo wrote: »
    11T's in Delaware near Philly. Given the apparent condition, I think these are a good buy. If I had a place for them they'd be mine.
    5jiwsi3r6jxf.jpg

https://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/d/wilmington-vintage-polk-monitor-11t/7175010643.html

Wasn't this line an early home theater type speaker? Or was it just the next design above the original Monitor series?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    xjghost wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »
    5jiwsi3r6jxf.jpg

Wasn't this line an early home theater type speaker? Or was it just the next design above the original Monitor series?

It was part of the RTA series, the t in 11t stood for tower in some original papers I read.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    edited August 2020
    The Stereophile review of the 11t sound quality was not very complimentary. Who knows what they'd be like with a crossover, tweeter, and wiring upgrade. That's a $950 orig. price speaker for $225 though, and allegedly in great condition and wood veneer. I don't know if the wood veneer was an option or not.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    aiconn wrote: »

Hell the crossovers are worth that! Must be a member.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Hell the crossovers are worth that! Must be a member.

That's what I thought too. If I had the extra cash I'd be on the road.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/council-bluffs-vintage-polk-audio-sda-1/7171149643.html

No Affil. These must be very early SDA-1's, two fuses on rear and special SDA cable with multiple pins. Has the original boxes. Too bad he posted tiny thumbnail photos.

1bs0d0sad3nc.jpg
  • xjghost
    Peerless tweters too?

• pitdogg2
    Peerless tweters too?

Wrong SDA1 never came with peerless, they were all SL1000 until the SDA1a and then they used the SL2000 tweeters.

• xjghost
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Peerless tweters too?

Wrong SDA1 never came with peerless, they were all SL1000 until the SDA1a and then they used the SL2000 tweeters.

That is what I thought. Those look like the peerless though in the picture. that is why I asked.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Peerless tweters too?

That is what I thought. Those look like the peerless though in the picture. that is why I asked.

Yes but different dome material. Same dome as SL2000
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    Not mine, but anybody in Utah might be able to get themselves a nice deal. They won’t last long methinks.
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/60936412
    bjj1ff0anfei.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • Gardenstater
    edited August 2020
    Something doesn't look right with that tweeter, besides the obvious damage. Probably not the right tweeter and what's up with that piece of sheet metal above it? He says he bought them 10 years ago at Best Buy LOL. Some of the MW drivers don't look right....maybe dust cap separation dunno.

PS: Maybe the tweeter is from an RTA 12C with the tweeter flipped upside down?
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Gardenstater
    edited August 2020
    Those 10B's are interesting but I don't like what I've heard about the imaging issues. I have 2 extra 7B crossovers. I wonder how the 10B's would sound if you disconnected either the inner or outer MW's and used a 7B crossover instead? Would they sound as nice as a 7B only with deeper bass? I realize that you might need to swap out the MW with one that is compatible with the 7B crossover, but I also have some spare MW6500's as well as some USA Peerless tweets.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • pitdogg2
    Something doesn't look right with that tweeter, besides the obvious damage. Probably not the right tweeter and what's up with that piece of sheet metal above it? He says he bought them 10 years ago at Best Buy LOL. Some of the MW drivers don't look right....maybe dust cap separation dunno.

PS: Maybe the tweeter is from an RTA 12C with the tweeter flipped upside down?

The tweeter appears to be SL3000 with a pushed in dome. The plate above it is legit. No it's not from RTA 12 anything.
    Polk used the same plate other speakers RTA 15 for example.
  • Gardenstater
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    Those 10B's are interesting but I don't like what I've heard about the imaging issues. I have 2 extra 7B crossovers. I wonder how the 10B's would sound if you disconnected either the inner or outer MW's and used a 7B crossover instead? Would they sound as nice as a 7B only with deeper bass? I realize that you might need to swap out the MW with one that is compatible with the 7B crossover, but I also have some spare MW6500's as well as some USA Peerless tweets.

The 10Bs sound fantastic when converted to SDAs using CRS+ crossovers. The lobing issue is gone and soundstage expands.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.