13»

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Some crybaby who rage quit the forum over nothing.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Circa 2003. The Original Carver Amazing. Absolute PIGS to drive but, man, lotta fun to listen to. Speakers that everyone should experience.

Found them reading Uncle Henry's swap and sale magazine taking a dump at my parents house in Maine on leave coming home from deployment. One owner, original boxes manuals and everything.

ofadzvj83ipz.jpeg
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Nice! Great pic to add. Thank You.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    Great pic, and what a serendipitous dump that was!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2020
    Options
    The gear there was Carver C-1 pre / m1.5t amp / Adcom passive pre / AMC CD8b CD player. But, of all the iterations of my stereo rig...I've had much better sound but this is the sentimental fave.

I've got more pics around here somewhere.......My first real rig was a pair of Dahlquist DQ-10's / Adcom passive preamp / AMC CD8b CD player / Carver m1.5t.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    Options
    I actually wish I had pictures of some of my first set ups, but that was many years ago, before I even owned a camera.
    I do remember buying a faux woodgrained Panasonic reciever and speaker combo (6" duocones) that had a cool green and red cicular dialed theme, that sort of looked like a car dash.
    My next one was from an east coast store chain called Railroad Salvage.
    They'd bought out a line called Clarion (looked like it was made by Pioneer) and I also got a pair of Webcor 8" two way speakers.
    I didn't own a decent setup until my first disability retroactive check showed up one day in 78 and it was off to the local higher end chain Seiden Sound to blow 600 bucks.
    I ended up with a Pioneer CTF2121 cassette deck, an Onkyo A-5 integated amp and a Sansui tuner combined with a pair of Bolivar (see JBL) three way speakers.
    That system rocked !
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    I actually wish I had pictures of some of my first set ups, but that was many years ago, before I even owned a camera.
    I do remember buying a faux woodgrained Panasonic reciever and speaker combo (6" duocones) that had a cool green and red cicular dialed theme, that sort of looked like a car dash.
    They'd bought out a line called Clarion (looked like it was made by Pioneer) and I also got a pair of Webcor 8" two way speakers.
    I didn't own a decent setup until my first disability retroactive check showed up one day in 78 and it was off to the local higher end chain Seiden Sound to blow 600 bucks.
    I ended up with a Pioneer CTF2121 cassette deck, an Onkyo A-5 integated amp and a Sansui tuner combined with a pair of Bolivar (see JBL) three way speakers.
    That system rocked !

Dang man, I was born in ‘78! Rock on man!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Hey, found a photo of my first reel-to-reel which includes my KLH 5's (or at least one of them) in it. And, those are some 8-track tapes in front of it.
    8zpofzde8qh8.jpg
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 435
    Options
    I’ll throw in on this thread...
    I title this one, “Back When I Was Cool” - circa 1998.
    Not shown, Yamaha M-70 and some old Yamaha EQ I used to push the LaScallas. Always regret selling them...
    lbqnltha9fc1.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    That system rocked !

I was in 8th grade.....Headbanging to AC/DC
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That system rocked !

Damn Pit, your old! Reminds me when my mom took away my Alice Cooper Killer album. And our folks thought lyrics were bad back then.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That system rocked !

Damn Pit, your old! Reminds me when my mom took away my Alice Cooper Killer album. And our folks thought lyrics were bad back then.

Yeah Cooper, ACDC, Sabbath etc are disney G compared to some of the craaap now days
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • charley96
    Options
    Not my earliest set up but all I have. The 15's look as new as the day I bought them in 91.q1q8cwe73h4p.jpg
  • charley96
    Options
    My garage receiver that powers my Boston Acoustics bookshelf speakers I bought in 81. I can't believe I paid 900 for the receiver in 91.56dp7rdyf2uj.jpg
  • stainless0steel2
    stainless0steel2 Posts: 193
    edited August 2020
    Options
    59s709g36fsv.jpg
    Wish I still had those 10's.
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Not the oldest but an old one....the speakers were moved toward rack for the pic, camera lens limitations.

5kev9c4yav84.png

^^^This reminded me of my ca. 2003 rig shown below.

mdblcrvxbjvp.jpg
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Wow. That’s creepy...🤪
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2020
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Wow. That’s creepy...🤪

I also had the short and wide version of @SCompRacer's Bello rack in my bedroom system. Picture is from 2005.

mkdk0vjrniwl.jpg

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Not the oldest but an old one....the speakers were moved toward rack for the pic, camera lens limitations.

5kev9c4yav84.png

I have fond memories of that setup!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    Lost some older pics to photo bucket, but these were around 2004 or so.

My first pair of 2.3TL's driven by a Rogue Audio 66 Preamp, Jolida JD-100 CDP and bi-amped with Parasound HCA-1500A and an HCA-1000A

7q8ma031wggs.png

But this is my true Pride and Joy

dlpc8e8zwzfc.png

I hope you are talking about the lady next to you...
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

My first pair of 2.3TL's driven by a Rogue Audio 66 Preamp, Jolida JD-100 CDP and bi-amped with Parasound HCA-1500A and an HCA-1000A

7q8ma031wggs.png

dlpc8e8zwzfc.png

Most certainly! She's tolerated my OCD ways and Audio obsession for over thirty three years now ;) I'm a lucky guy

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

7q8ma031wggs.png

dlpc8e8zwzfc.png

Most certainly! She's tolerated my OCD ways and Audio obsession for over thirty three years now ;) I'm a lucky guy

For that you should go buy her a top of the line SACD player and new speakers :smiley:
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    No photos.
    Original Large Advents.
    Advent receiver pre-out to a Dynaco St-70.
    Connoisseur BD-1 turntable on a custom plinth with an SME 3012 arm and Shure V15 III cart.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    No photos.
    Original Large Advents.
    Connoisseur BD-1 turntable on a custom plinth with an SME 3012 arm and Shure V15 III cart.

Weird. All that stuff is for sale right now on the Portland Craigslist.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    machone wrote: »
    No photos.
    Original Large Advents.

Weird. All that stuff is for sale right now on the Portland Craigslist.

Not mine. I still have the Advents, SME and cart (new needle).
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"