Proper cable

Hello gentlemen, I would like to know which is the proper cable gauge that I should use for the following set of speakers: rti a7, csi 4 and rti a3.
A7s will be standing 6 to 7 feet from the av receiver. Csi4 will be 1 to 2 feet above the avr. A3s will be used as sourround and will be located 30 feet from the avr. Do you think ofc 16ga cable will do ok for all speakers?

Best Answers

Answers

• Your answer helped me but also left me thinking.
    Should I consider other factors besides the cable gauge?
  • Thanks F1nut! Any brand you would recomend?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Your answer helped me but also left me thinking.
    Should I consider other factors besides the cable gauge?

There are many things other than gauge to consider. This Shunyata link helps to explain them.

https://shunyata.com/technology-guide/

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thank you very much both of you!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I would use 12 gauge for the front left and right, 14 gauge for everything else. Don't go too cheap on the cabling or you'll find the brightness may be a bit too much for your ears.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I think 14g all the way around is a excellent choice for that speaker package.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Try blue jeans cable for a really economical choice. Signal cable or Douglas connection for a slightly higher end option. Mention you are a member here and I think the latter two will give a 10% discount. Until recently, one of the beat deals in audio was the Zu audio store on eBay. But they are running low on stock and the prices have gone up considerably. But if you’re patient you might still be able to snag a deal. Their cables are excellent at the eBay prices...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer