Pyle any good?

gwdgsgwdgs Posts: 13
edited February 2012 in 2 Channel Audio
I can get a Pyle PT560AU pretty cheap.
Is Pyle any good or should I buy something else?
http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PT560AU/300-Watts-Digital-AMFMUSB-Stereo-Receiver-
It will be used for home 2 ch w/ sub
Post edited by gwdgs on

Comments

• SerendipitySerendipity Posts: 6,982
    edited January 2012
    I had a Pyle amp for a short time... build quality wasn't too good.

I would be worried that the unit fails shortly.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • gwdgsgwdgs Posts: 13
    edited January 2012
    Ya I just did some checking no sub output on the one I was looking at.
    Looks like I keep saving for the M NR1402
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,496
    edited January 2012
    Stay away....very far away!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • SerendipitySerendipity Posts: 6,982
    edited January 2012
    halo71 wrote: »
    Stay away....very far away!

That's what I was trying to say while being nice...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • FaceFace Posts: 14,714
    edited January 2012
    Pyle of crap.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • UpstatemaxUpstatemax Posts: 2,517
    edited January 2012
    If you're looking for a great bang for your buck stereo receiver, look no further than the HK 3490.
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : XBOX One : Roku Ultra : Oppo UDP-203 : Pioneer Elite SC-87 : APC H15 : Focal 806V mains : Focal 806V Surrounds : SVS SB2000 : SVS SB12-NSD

2Ch:
    Sonus Faber Venere S : Rotel RB 1582 MKII : Oppo UDP-205 : Furman Elite 15 DM i : Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Acryl-It Platter :
  • logo896logo896 Posts: 322
    edited January 2012
    You could also consider an integrated amplifier since your only looking at 2 channel you dont need all the extra stuff in there. Consider the used market for sure like audiogon.
  • SDA1CSDA1C Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2012
    I use some of Pyle's speaker offerings but I wouldn't suggest wasting your time on their electronics.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,426
    edited January 2012
    logo896 wrote: »
    You could also consider an integrated amplifier since your only looking at 2 channel you dont need all the extra stuff in there. Consider the used market for sure like audiogon.

+1. I'm a big fan of integrated amps myself... :cool:
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• reeltrouble1reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,313
    edited January 2012
    Pyle goes for the low-end pro-gear market, the gear works is about the best I can say for it, I would never use it for home stereo application.

RT1
  • decaldecal Posts: 3,193
    edited January 2012
    Are you guys sure it's not one of those "giant killers" I'm always hearing about? :cheesygrin:
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • SDA1CSDA1C Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2012
    Agreed. Fun and cheap for experiments.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,522
    edited January 2012
    decal wrote: »
    Are you guys sure it's not one of those "giant killers" I'm always hearing about? :cheesygrin:
    Very.

In fairness and in the interest of disclosure, though...
    I do have a pair of Pyle compression drivers here that I actually bought with malice aforethought. The Fs and claimed frequency response of the driver fit my intended application (Altec 511B horns) and they cost, like, 27 bucks a pop. They're hefty, reasonably well made and they sound OK. Hard to knock them, really... but we're not talking Altec/JBL class compression drivers, either - probably not even Selenium/Eminence/B&C grade. Cheap enough to play with, though.

EDIT - FWIW here is what I was doing; just playing around - a Frankenspeaker with a 511B and the aforementioned Pyle driver on top, and the bass section of an AR-2 (unsuffixed) on the bottom - "vertically biamped" in the most ghetto manner imaginable - the horn/driver (with XO) hooked to one channel of an hk 330i receiver, and the AR-2 bass section hooked to the other channel. Feed a mono signal to the receiver, and "tune" the HF/LF integration with the "balance" control. :-P MacGyver would be proud.

notzacklyVOT.jpg

It worked a treat, actually.
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,496
    edited January 2012
    My Dad used to have some PyleDriver subs in his car in the late 80's. I do remember them sounding very good. Mind you he was not into rap or rattling teeth or anything, but they were decent woofers.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Mr. BubblesMr. Bubbles Posts: 736
    edited February 2012
    many years ago (as with a lot of brands of almost anything imaginable) Pyle was very good. They originally produced only speakers. I think but am not sure the company's start up owners last name was Pyle. Hence the original name of Pyle Drivers. Sometime in the 90's the company was bought out by an electronics corp (Sound Around) that now holds many brands such as Pyramid, Lanzar, legacy, and others. Since then it has mostly been very cheaply made Chinese equipment. The sound lets you know it as well. I personally would not recommend any current Pyle speakers or equipment for use in a situation where you expect to enjoy it/ them. If you need something cheap just to fill a hole or get you by for a very short period, you may be ok, but the sound and quality is lacking on all of their product produced in the last 15 or so years IMO.
    If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of Progress?!

Monitor 5Jr, Monitor 5, RTA12, RTA 15TL, SDA 2A, 1c, SRS 2, 1.2TL, CRS, Atrium.
  • vilkasvilkas Posts: 1
    how to reset pyle hybrid pro p1001at 1000whatts? help me
    F1nut wrote: »
    o51dbtm9b5sy.jpg

or go 9-pound to ensure a one and done reset. :|
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 584
    tnf3iy80gbmd.jpg

Or an old fashion plye driver. :D
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Parasound A23
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Vincent SP-331
  • TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 545
    F1nut wrote: »
    o51dbtm9b5sy.jpg
    [/quote

kaydg4gpzhj3.jpeg

Go big,or go home.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Prometheus Audio,April Music,Bluesound,Pro-Ject,Onkyo,Graham Chartwell,Nola,Hornshoppe,HSU Research.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 725
    I had my Pyles removed surgically.
  • dcmeigsdcmeigs Posts: 707
    I think we’re a bit too hard on Pyle. I have a phono preamp around here that I use once in awhile. It’s crazy inexpensive, absolutely dead quiet and it compares favorably with my Parasound phono preamp. They obviously use cheaper opamps but a slight loss of sound stage and small lack of punch in the bass are all I can hear. But these things are less than fiddy bucks! They come in very handy at times.
    The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,300
    OleBoot wrote: »

is that why you sing soprano?
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung Qled 75", Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• OleBootOleBoot Posts: 725
    Willow wrote: »

I think you are confusing your Pyles with your NADs. Having said that, since the surgery I do get an improved baked bean treble response.
    Willow wrote: »

I think you are confusing your Pyles with your NADs. Having said that, since the surgery I do get an improved baked bean treble response.

^^^ That is signature line material, that is!
    I am rolling on the floor here.