Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I would venture to say that the above photo represents a horrid sounding system. I cringe just looking at it.

Tom

I am hopin' the owner has that EQ switched out. :o
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here's an audio picture B)
    (not mine -- in case that's not obvious)

o2ykm7fixwon.png

Kinda reminded me of this one....:-)

bfeuk63pk9r1.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    daddyjt wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here's an audio picture B)
    (not mine -- in case that's not obvious)

o2ykm7fixwon.png

Kinda reminded me of this one....:-)

bfeuk63pk9r1.jpeg

Haha, I never noticed the Carver M500 in that movie!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Then there’s The EQ setting from the stereo in Risky Business.... ugh....

x66n5fefkz00.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited June 2020
    Tony M wrote: »
    I wanted to check the size of the woofer inside my JBL "professional" Subwoofers

la1js8fc2j1u.png

Tony those subs are massive! Holy cow. Man I would love to test those out with some of my favorite bass heavy tracks like "Beatroots - Navigation".
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2020
    I think they would do those kinds of tracks justice. ;)
    They're so easy to drive too! :)

Just tapping those cones makes bass sounds that brings a big smile to my face! That 15" cone in the big-upper is built like the subs cone. It too, makes a nice bass sound just from tapping it. :D

Today while organizing some more, I REALLY wanted to hook them up again but didn't. Time for that later on this week or weekend. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    That equalizer would work mighty fine with Cerwin Vegas.
    Let the party begin !!! 🎵🎵🎵📣📣
    Sal Palooza
  • Clipdat
    I think they would do those kinds of tracks justice. ;)
    They're so easy to drive too! :)

Just tapping those cones makes bass sounds that brings a big smile to my face! That 15" cone in the big-upper is built like the subs cone. It too, makes a nice bass sound just from tapping it. :D

What type of amplifier will you hook up to the subs/mains? Do the JBLs require speakon connectors or do they accept bare wire?

This would be a great setup to point into the backyard for a bbq. A loud bbq.
  • Tony M
    edited June 2020
    The subs have a bar with about 5 or 6 screw terminals I think.

The others have both screw terminals and speakon also. I know a couple have wires just coming out from the connection plate. :# But I haven't looked at them for a long time.

I did look directly at the woofers connections kind-of yesterday while looking to get a better grip to move them around. I wrestled them around the room yesterday, today AND tonight and didn't pay any attention to their rear hook-ups much. I will be looking at them later on in a month or so when I get things more organized. Some speakers need re-wiring but all the speakers play fine.

I used a cheap Pyle Hybrid receiver when I tested them years ago, Yea, I know...Pyle? I didn't want to short a nice receiver out on the first testing. I haven't listened to them since. But when I had the subs on sp. A and I believe the 12" smaller tops on sp. B, it sounded like a live band, full range kick a** full range sound. I was like this... :DB):p<3. Really. :)

I can't believe I have them all up against the wall and organized now. :D Man they've been in the way!

Here they all are. I counted these 7 huge speakers for a couple of weeks lately and I thought I bought 8. I thought I was going crazy! I couldn't see the 8th speaker anywhere. Today I found it. :o
    So I'm not THAT crazy yet. :D

6wobsu4ma1en.png
    b2ytwifzyocg.png
    tia1nhsa7mk7.png

Little by little...

• Clipdat
    OMG, those are so massive. You could host your own concert!
  • Tony M
    I could! :p:D

A friend gave me a Crown amp (I think it is ) with 1000 watts per/chan. or some crazy specs JUST to power those woofers or something in this set-up. I've yet to do that yet.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    [quote=
    Little by little...

[/quote]

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited June 2020

6wobsu4ma1en.png
    b2ytwifzyocg.png
    tia1nhsa7mk7.png

Little by little...

Tony, I love that storage building. Don't ever stop taking pictures of the contents.

Harry

It's a MAN's World

Before Chris Stapleton became too refined

https://youtu.be/YWaIfu9BgpU
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    [quote=
    Little by little...

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?[/quote]

there was also a sale on plastic storage bins. Buy one shade less lamp, get 4 storage bins for 50%off
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Did you take that Tom? That's an amazing shot.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No sir. I wish I did, I'd love to have this one hanging on the wall.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    [quote=
    Little by little...

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?[/quote]

:D

I do like a fine lamp base . ;)
    There's a pr. of nice brass Stiffel lamps back there. They were $$$ when new. They were cheaply priced AND I liked their look so I bought them. I've always had a thing for Marble lamp bases. I have a few of them. Oriental lamps too.

I also have a liking for Mission style everything. There's one of those lamp bases in there too. I think it was a Goodwill buy also.
    This Mission style base came with a weird BIG bulb socket base with vents on it. When I got it home I plugged it in and whoa...the bulb kept getting brighter and brighter! Bright as the sun!! :o
    I turned it off and I looked at the bulb base closer...and it said SUN BULB LAMP...LOL. They named that lamp correctly! :D

I love Crystal ones too. I don't have any. I missed a great pr. of Crystal lamps at an estate sale years ago. That's a regret I'll have to live with. BUT they were priced at 60.00 each. I waited a day to get them at 60.00 for the pr. The damn women in front of me in line went straight to them when they opened the next day!! Unbelievable! :s:'(:D

When you go to the Goodwills or Habitat f.H. stores, they usually only have the bases. Sometimes though, they have shades separately and they are usually in great shape too. I guess they trash all damaged or dirty shades. I do have some spare shades though.

Here's a story;
    In the brightest spot in this picture is a geisha girl/woman lamp. A Goodwill find. 2 or 3 years later I found the perfect shade for it at the same goodwill store. FATE. :p
    acqbh34q4kn4.png

I don't go to the thrift stores but once a year now it seems. I don't have anywhere to put much more!
  • Tony M
    edited June 2020
    Willow wrote: »
    [quote=
    Little by little...

Tony was there a sale on shadeless lamps in the neighborhood?

there was also a sale on plastic storage bins. Buy one shade less lamp, get 4 storage bins for 50%off[/quote]

You can blame the storage bins and containers on my wife. ;):p

She's been trying to help me organize for 20 years or more. ;)

She JUST bought me two med. size bins with snap clamps on the ends LAST weekend. :D
    I just condensed some stuff and threw quite a few things out, creating an abundance of empty containers. I also found 3 empty little containers or is it 6. I have quite a few empty ones on hand now. Oh well, I still want to PURGE stuff and also want to have sections designated a little better. I literally almost have a Hardware store back there.

Here's the start of container organizing I've done the past week or less.
    5xp28vt3qnsx.png
    4up6l02ouzf2.png

I then condensed the containers to clear one shelf for my woodworking mags and some stereo review and Stereophile mags. The upper shelves are about full now.
    wvt4d6n7uox1.png

Little by little...
    :p

Post edited by Tony M on
  • treitz3
    36hruu1knv7e.jpg

We went through the entire house, getting rid of everything in junk drawers and organizing everything to where everything had a place and everything was in its place. These storage bins you see pictured above are available at Wally World and they were only about 89 cents a pop with a lid and we have hundreds of them around the house and shop.

They are great for organization and the reason we did this was I was tired of trying to find something I knew I had two of but for the life of me, could not find. So, I would go out and but a third one (only to find one of the other two or both within days of me buying the third...go figure). I had multiples of many things.

We were able to empty out 3 entire closets of boxes, junk and what nots and fit them into one closet years ago. One of the best things we ever did. We even have a "Misc. pieces/parts" bin for items we find around the house that we have no idea what they go to. Now, when we find out what they went to? We know exactly where to go.

It's nice to find things at a moments notice and know what bin they are in. Each set of bins are easy to move or rearrange and labeling them helped out immensely. For bigger things, we did the same thing out in the garage with 10 gallon bins and labeled each one of those as well. You would be surprised at how much room you have when everything is organized.....not to mention how easy everything is to stack/move/find.

Case in point for organizing things? I had at least 3 tape measures at the house. I knew I did....yet every time I wold go find one? I could not find any for days on end. Drove me knuckin' futz. After organizing everything, it turned out that I actually had 9 tape measures and I have not bought one ever since. This was about 9 years ago or so.

The wife even uses them to organize all of her shoes and I use them in the shop to organize some of my tools/parts. It makes it so easy to find things!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    I've labeled some of mine also. ;)

My wife uses bins also.

Your picture of organization is my ultimate goal! <3

But I have sooo many different containers now, it looks scatterbrained. Maybe in the future I'll invest 100.00 for 100 of the same design.

I'm doing my FIRST purge of everything mostly non-stereo related. But I did just put outside the door a Denon receiver I had a tech look at many years ago. There was paper taped onto it by the tech. I looked at it yesterday and It said "not worth fixing". "150.00 in parts just to be able to turn it on". I saved the thing for years thinking maybe it's just a fuse...yea, right!. Now its going in the trash. I did remove the feet and knobs from it last night. :D

I took a lot of CHEAP interconnects and put them in one plastic grocery bag. It was full. They are now in the city dump! I don't need them anymore now that I have some decent ones. Not Douglas Cable quality but good for now.

I REALLY like the clean look of your storage shelving and bins. B)

• treitz3
    FWIW, I had to convince the wife to throw away all of the similar sized bins that were purple, green, red, pink, you name it. All of the lids fit differently and they didn't stack up like they should. It took me a couple of days of progress transferring all of the things from the mismatched bins to the new ones and labeling them but once she saw how they stacked up all nice and neat?

She folded and agreed with me. I about dropped to the floor.....I was right!

I started with about 80 bins the weekend we started this project and it took us about 3 weekends and a bunch of adult drinks to get it done but it was well worth it and when it came to us moving out of our town home into the new house? OMG, packing things up was a breeze.....because most everything was already "packed up" and you know as well as I, it's the small things that take forever to pack, not the large things.

Nowadays, I will go and get about 10-20 bins whenever we start to run low. They are great for those items you buy where you don't want to keep the big, bulky or odd shaped box and (for example, the handheld steam cleaner for the LP's) when the item you purchased comes with a plethora of small attachments, clean out accessories, replacement parts, paperwork, warranty information, etc...it's just nice to have everything in one spot for future reference. Especially when it does not take up too much space at all.

For audio, I have;
    Various types of tube boxes
    Audio footers
    PC's
    IC's
    Specialty cables
    Sub sliders
    CD's that were given to me with no jewel cases or artwork (bootleg CD's as well)
    Spike kit
    Brochures
    Spare Power supplies
    Steam cleaning kit(s)
    Spare parts for LP
    Spare parts for Nitty Gritty LP cleaner
    Isolation kit
    Electronic kit
    Soldering kit
    Spare componentry

...and I am sure there are more but these are just off the top of my head. It's nice to know where everything is, instead of most of it just being piled up into one or 12 big "spare box(es)".

Tom

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    treitz3 wrote: »
    36hruu1knv7e.jpg

We went through the entire house, getting rid of everything in junk drawers and organizing everything to where everything had a place and everything was in its place. ...

Now... why does this photo make me think of Young Frankenstein?

;)

9gfk03plcl6f.png
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I spent time during my mandatory virus vacation working on this year's Halloween thread. Everyone's getting put into a horror movie. Just so happens I made one in relation to the above photo. Just a little preview.

na0criatbzan.jpg
    @Moose68Bash