My Birthday Gifts

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,031
My Wife and Kids decided that getting me some detail stuff is the move. Well the new Griots Garage G9 D/A polisher is totally awesome. I used it this morning with excellent results.
My son got me the Adam's Polishes Signs.Funny the left one got damaged in shipping, it has some scratches on it but hard to see from a distance, Adam decided to send us a new one, keep the damaged one and he signed it.My son told Adam it was a birthday present to his Dad. How cool is that?

0xuzai60ealo.jpeg

iisf15hit4sk.jpeg

dnklgu2ys5kv.jpeg

ho7ud5mvih5k.jpeg

umck2agl9dcf.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    Now I want a Griots Garage Sign LOL
    Dan
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Nice. I picked up some Adams stuff around Christmas. Love how it makes the cars look.
    Also happy birthday.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    edited June 2020
    Happy Birthday! I just tried some Griots Speed Shine on my 06 Dodge Charger Daytona. I am very impressed with the results.
    gvzixrft1jwa.jpeg
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    You'll love that polisher. Like the signs!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mantis
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Happy Birthday! I just tried some Griots Speed Shine on my 06 Dodge Charger Daytona. I am very impressed with the results.
    gvzixrft1jwa.jpeg
    Was 2006 the return of the Charger year? Really nice looking ride you got there.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Milito wrote: »
    You'll love that polisher. Like the signs!
    It's very different then what I'm use to. Back in the 90's I was a professional Detailer. We didn't have D/A polishers we had professional Rotary 7 inch. Not these 6 inch and smaller wheels.
    BUT I gotta admit its the easiest tool I have ever used. It took basically no effort at all. The tool is light balanced and Oh So easy to use. I think anyone who watches a Youtube video in it can easily get going with one.
    I love it.
    Dan
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Yea I know what you mean about the old polishers. I painted a few cars with lacquer paint jobs right after high school it and you had to wet sand the whole car and then buff it out. It was easy to burn the paint if you weren't careful. A friend of mine taught me how to paint. He opened a body shop after college and did quite well with it.

I've had a DA polisher for 10 years or so. They make it so much easier.

At my age I'm not so inclined to use it now as I got rid of my "fun" cars.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    mantis wrote: »
    gvzixrft1jwa.jpeg
    Was 2006 the return of the Charger year? Really nice looking ride you got there.

2005 I believe was the first year of the “new” Charger. And thank you very much! It only has 51k on it. I purchased it in 08’ with 8900 miles on it. I tell ya,I’m sold on Griots. I will definitely be trying more of their products.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mantis

They are local to me. I can check out what they have at their location if you'd like...
    That would be awesome, if you get free time my friend.
    Dan
  • mantis
    gvzixrft1jwa.jpeg

2005 I believe was the first year of the “new” Charger. And thank you very much! It only has 51k on it. I purchased it in 08’ with 8900 miles on it. I tell ya,I’m sold on Griots. I will definitely be trying more of their products.
    I try not to limit my self to any one brand. Over the years I have been trying out all kinds of different detail supplies and here are my top brands.

1) Adam's Polishes - They are remarkable . They always perform as expected or better. They take the time to scent some of their products to make them more pleasurable to work with. Which is really nice.

2) Griots Garage - Like Adam's, they exceed my expectations, everything I try from them is excellent. If I had to pick just one company to work with Adam's or Griots would be my top 2 choices.

3) Chemical Guys - For whatever reason this brand is like the Monster cable of Detailing supplies in that they get hate from many people. I don't ever judge a product from reviews only and when a product gets hate, I wanna experience that hate for myself. Well like Monster Cable I do not hate them at all. If anything they are my 3rd favorite brand on the market. All of their products works as intended. I never had one of their products not work. Actually their Snow Foam Car Shampoo is one of the best in the business along with Silk Shine and VRT. Most excellent , all of their spray washes waxes and detailers are amazing. So I don't feel anything but love for them.
    4) Maguiers - I grew up on Maguiers and they have been doing it for a very long time. When I was a Professional Detailer I was trained y their top guys and I really enjoyed using their professional line. Their Home line is equally as good. They don't lack anywhere but maybe smell, they don't sugar coat anything but they all get the job done and is probably one of the more affordable products on the market compared to all others in the top tier.

Dan
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

They are local to me. I can check out what they have at their location if you'd like...

Should be able to swing by in the next day or two.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    My buddy owns a body shop and I used to go there all the time after work and help him out. He started using 3M's Perfect-It compounds and never looked back. The Ultrafine Swirl Remover works great for removing swirls along with the blue pad they sell.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-06068-Perfect-Ultrafine-Finishing/dp/B0015PMQDI/ref=psdc_15718471_t2_B003D704IU
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I am sure the products you use are great. I have been impressed with the Chemical Guys stuff I bought. Including their DA buffer.
    Love yours. Dayn2k3asycmf.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mantis

Should be able to swing by in the next day or two.
    You rock man !

Dan
  • mantis
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    My buddy owns a body shop and I used to go there all the time after work and help him out. He started using 3M's Perfect-It compounds and never looked back. The Ultrafine Swirl Remover works great for removing swirls along with the blue pad they sell.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-06068-Perfect-Ultrafine-Finishing/dp/B0015PMQDI/ref=psdc_15718471_t2_B003D704IU
    I was factory trained by 3m way back in my early detail days. They make awesome products and work exactly how they are supposed to be. They are the industry standard in the professional world and especially body shops no silicon.

Dan
  • mantis
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I am sure the products you use are great. I have been impressed with the Chemical Guys stuff I bought. Including their DA buffer.
    Love yours. Dayn2k3asycmf.jpeg

Chemical Guys makes great products. I'd love to go to one of their detail garages stores.
    Dan
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Happy Birthday Dan.

Great gifts from your family. I know we have talked via pm but I am so scared of using a polisher that I'd mess up my paint.... I will eventually get the nerve to use one.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    18jxrm454cqw.jpg
    Went by today, unfortunately no signs, posters etc for sale

rrl2z8cnxn45.jpg

They do have hats, t shirts, jackets etc.
  • mantis
    Thats awesome. Jealous you live close and I'm far away :/
    Dan
  • mantis
    My Shirt size is 2x just sayin LOL
    Dan