Uncomfortable or Unsettling TV Shows

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
edited May 2020 in The Clubhouse
Ever find yourself watching something because....it makes you uncomfortable and in a way, better about yourself? Here is a list of suggestions you may want to check out:
1. 90 Day Fiancé....before the 90 days. What a freakshow and train wreck some of these people are. Check it out with your better half to score some points!
2. Moonshiners. Can people really make a living doing this?!?
3. Hoarders....my favorite because my wife claims I have OCD due I am a neat freak and I believe some day we may end up on this show in our old age because she keeps everything!!

So....watcha got for uncomfortable TV viewing choices?

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    My Mother the Car.

B)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Infested! Showed on Animal Planet. Roaches, bats, spiders, snakes, rats, mice. Yikes!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    TV...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Commercials
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    My train wreck on tv is wrasslin'. I also love the zoo shows on Animal Planet.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Jacka s s .... makes me fell not-quite-so bad about the dumb cr@p I did as a kid.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    CNN, Tiger King and Ozark.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    I watched Uncut Gems last night. More than uncomfortable I'd say it's a very stressful movie. Or...I'm getting old.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Murder Mountain, and Tiger King, on Netflix.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    "Black Mirror" on Netflix. Its a great show but most episodes are unsettling.

Came here to say this. Absolutely love the show, but it usually leaves me feeling not-so-great.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Just started Space force on Netflix with Steve Carell. First episode was hilarious.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited May 2020
    dr. pimple poper and the one about bad feet.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • kevhed72
    I am going to change gears from TV to Film.
    Prime has a William Dafoe movie called The Lighthouse. One of the grittiest, unsettling movies I have seen in a long time. Its shot in black and white but dont let that dissuade you. This may be Dafoe's masterpiece acting role....enjoy!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I am going to change gears from TV to Film.
    Prime has a William Dafoe movie called The Lighthouse. One of the grittiest, unsettling movies I have seen in a long time. Its shot in black and white but dont let that dissuade you. This may be Dafoe's masterpiece acting role....enjoy!

I was excited to see this when it came out in theaters, as I’m a huge Defoe fan, and the film got rave reviews. The film is shot in a narrow 4:3 ratio, and is in black and white. These two factors made me feel cramped and unsettled from the get go - a great way to start a horror/thriller. Unfortunately, that’s about as close as it came. I will say that the film is masterfully shot - the textures and contrast in the black and white presentation are rich and well controlled, and the cinematography is outstanding. Shot selection and framing are superb, and perspective is used fluently to communicate with the viewer.

The big miss is the story (or lack thereof). Unfortunately, I most certainly did NOT get it, and I’ll freely admit it. I was so confused, I went on line after, thinking I must have missed something big in the film. Nope. If you read the reviews and comments, it’s clear that no one really “gets it”. I did find a description that sums my own feelings up pretty well:

ga85lcus73il.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I'm not sure why Moonshiners is an uncomfortable or unsettling show.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The movie “Vivarium”.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Jstas wrote: »

Right? Because no one can be THAT dumb...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Jstas wrote: »

I love that show!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Daddyjt, so you're saying that regarding the movie "The Lighthouse" that RonP would rate it aa a "Must See". :)

.....without his reviews to not go by I've been like a lamb wandering in a movie wasteland.
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    I found the Lighthouse to be one of those
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    CNN by far!!

If you are going stealth political with your pick, you have to pair it with OAN News. Same sensational format to whip people into a frenzy with no thought...just on the other side of the spectrum.