Nicotine/Smoke Free for 10 years today

I'm celebrating my ten year hiatus from Nicotine Addiction today :) I was a two pack a day Smoker for over 40 years. Beating the Addiction is one of my top accomplishments in life. I know without a doubt, I would be dead by now if I hadn't.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Congratulations!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Congrats Mike from a fellow ex-smoker.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Congrats. 12 years here....but still smoke cigars here and there.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Good on ya Mike!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Quiting smoking was very difficult for me. Congratulations.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Huge congratulation. 26 years here.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Congrats Mike!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Congrats...22 years here.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Congratulations
    55 yrs here
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Congrats been almost 20 years for me.
    Just wait till Russ reads this he'll say it's been about 30 seconds.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Congrats from another quitter, almost 17 years now
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    That is awesome! ....I kicked 17 years ago right around when our first was born.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    That is one hell of an accomplishment. CONGRATS!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    That is awesome! ....I kicked 17 years ago right around when our first was born.

My son pleaded with me to try "one more time". I attribute my success to him...and Chantix.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Congrats,

Yeah that Chantix is a miracle drug. I quit 11 years ago after smoking for 42 years.

My advice pay attention to your heart. You are still in the high risk group in the future. Thats no matter how long you have abstained from smoking. The damage is already done, I know.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Mike Reeter
    Congrats,

Yeah that Chantix is a miracle drug. I quit 11 years ago after smoking for 42 years.

My advice pay attention to your heart. You are still in the high risk group in the future. Thats no matter how long you have abstained from smoking. The damage is already done, I know.

Absolutely, two Heart attacks under my belt, lot of scare tissue as a result, but still hanging in there.

Glad to still be among the Living ;)

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

I only smoked for 12 years, and quit in 1980. However, I had a stroke in August 2018, and the doctor said I have a weak heart. I suspect the cigarettes had something to do with it.

Congratulations to everyone who has quit.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Congrats,

Absolutely, two Heart attacks under my belt, lot of scare tissue as a result, but still hanging in there.

Dang Mike, glad your still here.

I had a widow maker June 21 2019, lucky to be here myself.

Hey Bud, hope you are doing well.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Mike Reeter
    Congrats,

Dang Mike, glad your still here.

I had a widow maker June 21 2019, lucky to be here myself.

Hey Bud, hope you are doing well.

2014 Widow Maker survivor here, anyone that survives that one is VERY Lucky. I've lost three friends in their 50's to that ****...

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Congrats,

Congrats Mike. 3.5 years for me, and had the same tap on the shoulder as you put it back then.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Mike, that is great news!!!

And your good news was followed by so many more who quit.

Congratulations to all of you!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Congrats,

Absolutely....I am more prone to bronchitis than my wife who never smoked EVEN THOUGH I generally do a lot more cardio than she does.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Congrats!!! I don’t even remember the last time I had a dip between my cheek and gums. It might be around 10 years or so it’s been so long I forgot.. I still get an itch now and then, only when I have a project at home I’m working on, that was my favorite time to have a dip, I wasn’t a real bad dipper, not like other people I know, hell they would go through a can a day, a can would last me about a week..

Congrats again, it’s a great accomplishment!!!