Polk L200 Speaker Demo Reviews

191011121315»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Spammer just copying and pasting text from Doc Hardy's post.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Listening to John Prine on the L200's. They are some folk music playing speakers! Could be the whiskey talking though.

or maybe even an Illegal Smile...

https://youtu.be/MmjnQjRvPUQ
  • mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Spammer just copying and pasting text from Doc Hardy's post.

Not much of a spammer, though (in several respects) :/
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @mantis Nicely done!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Great Review, you have a very nice setup to hear what they have to offer. I also found the L200's to be an "Intimate" speaker, Female vocals and Acoustic work is where they shine. In a small space, with some Tube influence, yep.
  • erniejade
    Very nice review.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    It seems that everyone who listens to them all share similar opinions on them.
    Price wise I think they might be a tad to high as the competition is steep. But that's only a personal opinion as someone might like everything they do vs everything one can find at that price point. They do a lot right.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Great review.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Nice review, Tony.
  • erniejade
    Solid review and agree with everything said. I'm glad they came back to you Tony!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    F1nut wrote: »
    The demo program is officially over. I want to thank the members who participated and big thank you to Polk for making it possible. Also, I appreciate how easy you guys made this on me. Ya'll are great bunch! B)

Thank you Polk Audio and especially you Jesse for putting this Demo together, I enjoyed my time with the L200's.

• mhardy6647
    Thanks indeed to Polk and to @F1nut. Not sure when I'd have gotten the chance to hear these were it not for this 'program'.

Nice little loudspeakers, the L200s.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    dromunds wrote: »
    Thank you Polk Audio for making this demo possible. And a big tip o’ the hat to Jesse for running this and herding this group. I am not aware of any other group who does this, it’s a testament to a fine company, and the cooperation of an audiophile family. Well done!

Indeed!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Thanks Jesse! And thank you Polk Audio for the opportunity!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Thanks Jesse and Polk. It's been quite awhile since I had the L200, but it was a really fun experience and I'm glad I was able to participate.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    Thank you Jessie and Polk.. I enjoyed getting a chance to listen to these... Life got in the way so I did not get time to put in my review, but it great to be able to try these out in my system.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Big thanks to Jesse and Polk, couldn't have been made any easier to listen to these speakers. I truly appreciate the effort put forth.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Thank you Jesse for putting the demo together and managing it. I probably would not have had a chance to hear the L200s if not for this demo.
  • erniejade
    Thx Jess. Since they don't have a lot of store presence, I agree with everyone who said we probably would not have been able to hear them.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Thank you Polk Audio & thank you Jesse! This was pretty revealing for me and a lot of fun.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    Very Nice thread we have here Polkies, I just finished reading it and there is allot of great information in here... thanks!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Thank you for allowing us to try demo them. It's so nice to get a in home speaker review. With brick and mortar stores basically almost gone nowadays it's really hard to go have a listen. Polk has always been hard to get a good demo especially the higher end stuff they have made over the last few decades.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.