WTB 1m USB cable

Anyone got any 1m USB cables for sale? Budget under $1k.

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited March 2020
    ygk3l6svuggs.jpeg

I’ll sell it to you for the low low price of $499!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited March 2020
    I have a Audioquest Carbon but it's .75m so it's slightly shorter then 1m. If that length will work for you I'll give you a good deal on it. PM me.
    If you also want to further your USB upgrade I also have a Audioquest Jitterbug. Fantastic little device.
    Here are links for you to check them out
    https://www.audioquest.com/cables/digital-cables/usb-a-to-b/carbon
    https://www.audioquest.com/jitterbug/jitterbug-usb-data-power-noise-filter/usb-data-power-noise-filter
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I have a 1m Wireworld Ultraviolet 8 I would let go for $65 shipped, @Clipdat
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Thanks for the offers guys. I'm going to hold out for now in hopes of finding something higher end that hopefully better aligns with the level of gear I'm pairing it up with.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    There seems to be a few very happy Lamp owners that use the Callisto from Final Touch Audio. Unfortunately, not much info or reviews on this side of the pond
    Well within your price range, too

https://www.audiogon.com/listings?q=Final+touch
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Whaddya know. A review from Positive Feedback of the WireWorld Platinum loom just came out.

Here’s what the reviewer said (in part) comparing the Platinum USB to the Final Touch Audio Callisto USB

“ I noticed that when compared with my Callisto USB cable, the Wireworld was noticeably less fun in the bass region. The Callisto USB cable pulls out the bottom end, and may even add a slight mid bass boost. I always suspected this was true, but in back to back comparison with the Wireworld, it became quite obvious. Now it is important to point out that I don't think the Wireworld USB cable is bass shy. I think the Wireworld USB cable is significantly more transparent and is presenting the information to the M Scaler completely uncolored. I personally prefer the FTAs boosted bass presentation, but the Wireworld USB is incredibly transparent and accurate.”

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/wireworld-platinum-eclipse-cables/
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    edited May 2020
    Very interesting. It actually makes me lean toward the Wireworld.

Thanks for sharing the link and the excerpt. Well written review.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited May 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Very interesting. It actually makes me lean toward the Wireworld.

Thanks for sharing the link and the excerpt. Well written review.

All except 2 of my Ethernet cables are Wireworld. Other are Cinnamon and all are real good.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • GlennDog
    I'm going to hold out for now in hopes of finding something higher end that hopefully better aligns with the level of gear I'm pairing it up with.

Hey Drew,

Other than the Curious usb, whacha been listn’n to? More importantly, what can you recommend?
    I’m gonna be in the market real soon for a different/neutral USB cable that’ll connect to a higher end DAC ... TIA
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    I haven't actually hooked up the Curious USB cable yet. I've just been using a Pangea Premier SE digital coax cable between my streaming transport and DAC.

With review gear constantly coming in and going out, it's tricky to find an opportunity to make a change to my system without inadvertently skewing my perspective/baseline. I will hopefully check it out soon though.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • GlennDog
    With review gear constantly coming in and going out . . .

Alas, first world problems are a drag… 🤪 jk

Thanks anywho. Happy listening!

I’ll post here if I find something interesting

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12