Outlaw 2200 Monoblock Amps

I finally had a chance to give the Outlaws a full workout after my Carver m1.5t amp died (mentioned in a previous thread). For the receiver, i'm running a Denon AVR-X4500H, which after purchasing I learned they can only handle speakers down to 6ohms (I missed this part when researching). Since i'm running the Polk LSi25's, I needed something to handle them. After researching my options, I landed up with the Outlaw 2200's and oh my are these things impressive!

I took advantage of the 3 amp deal for $800. I'm still trying to figure out how they can afford to sell these at this price. The amps are powering the LCR channels (LSi25 and LSiM704c) by running from the preamp outs on the Denon. I decided to try adding in the Carver Sonic Hologram Generator to the LR mains. I like the extra dimension and openness it adds.

YES, these Outlaw amps crush anything I throw at them and never seem to run out of juice or break a sweat. Thankfully, they have their own dedicated 20amp circuit to pull from. Sounds quality, simply fantastic! I could not be more pleased! Looks and build quality are spot on. They were heavier than I thought they'd be. They only have a single light on the front indicating they are powered on. Other than that, pretty plain unassuming front and to me...i'm glad they hide away in the dimly lit room when watching movies.

The 4 surround channels are still served up from the Denon, which is more than capable to handle them.

The Outlaws are an absolute winner and total best bang for the buck! If your Surround Receiver is just not quite up to snuff with pushing the LCR channels in your home theater, I highly suggest giving the Outlaws a hard look.

Outlaws 2200's are stacked 3 high, bottom right next to the Denon receiver.
aq6w5rauim3x.jpg

dc4mc70zl1z4.jpg
No excuses!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Very nice 👍 set up you have there.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Looks great! Outlaw makes a really nice product. Enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2020
    Whenever I see the LSI's I start to miss them. For the time and what they are they where awesome speakers. The LSI25's are even better tuned and sounding then the LSI15's IMO as I always wanted to upgrade to the 25s after hearing them in a few different rooms and systems I installed.
    Excellent price on those amps. I love the form factor as well.
    Sweet setup and I suggest removing the stickers on the Denon, with them on looks like they should be on a showroom floor.
    I suggest removing the Carver piece. I don't see any reason to use it. Fooling around is fun and adding artificial depth can I guess be entertaining but I would much rather run pure then with it in line.
    Isn't that piece from like the 80s? It's like a DSP analog style.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    F1nut wrote: »
    John, you can take the features sticker off the front of the AVR, it won't void the warranty.

I knew someone that left the Sony sticker on their TV screen for years. :o

d7sw8bz7zhlw.jpg
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Viking64 wrote: »
    John, you can take the features sticker off the front of the AVR, it won't void the warranty.

I knew someone that left the Sony sticker on their TV screen for years. :o

d7sw8bz7zhlw.jpg

WOW a old Sony bubble, made in San Diego
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276

It adds resale value, so it stays!

mantis wrote: »
    I suggest removing the Carver piece. I don't see any reason to use it. Fooling around is fun and adding artificial depth can I guess be entertaining but I would much rather run pure then with it in line.
    Isn't that piece from like the 80s? It's like a DSP analog style.

Mantis,

Yes it is from the 80's. It was Carver's version of SDA. Carver did electronically what Polk did acoustically with the side by side drivers. Not quite as effective as Polk's SDA. There's a button on front to Enable/Disable, so you can do quick comparisons. It does work and I quite like what it adds to the front stage. There's also a Normal mode and a Theoretical mode that adds too much effect for my liking, so it stays in Normal.

No excuses!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    By the time you sell it the retail value will be very little....just saying.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    By the time you sell it the retail value will be very little....just saying.

I was kidding with that comment. My last receiver was 11 years old and the only reason I replaced it was due to it dying. This current one will be the same...till death do us part,

No excuses!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I keep my speakers in the their boxes.

Those outlaws are nice little amps. I bought mine off Cathy and I quite enjoyed them until I moved on.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2020
    Willow wrote: »
    They must be hard to hear well🤪😊

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    They must be hard to hear well🤪😊

I do it for resale. Previously purchased speakers new in box.
  • Theheadsn
    Theheadsn Posts: 413
    very cool, glad you like them. I've had my center stage powered with the 2200's for a little over a year and still love them. Well worth the money for sure.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• Strong Bad
    Theheadsn wrote: »
    very cool, glad you like them. I've had my center stage powered with the 2200's for a little over a year and still love them. Well worth the money for sure.

I'm going back and rewatching a lot of movies and am simply loving what these 2200's have done to awaken my system. Worth every penny!

No excuses!
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2020
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Theheadsn wrote: »

I'm going back and rewatching a lot of movies and am simply loving what these 2200's have done to awaken my system. Worth every penny!
    Not much in this game compares to dedicated amps driving the various channels😊
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Theheadsn
    ouz0r4bydrpv.jpg

My modest setup in my living room. Make my own "custom" (lol) rack. Actually works pretty well. I'm about at my limit with this rack
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited April 2020
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    How many receivers have you fried with that set-up? Unless there's some forced air cooling that's not obvious, way too little ventilation.
  • Theheadsn
    Surprisingly there's hardly any heat that comes out. Monoblocks don't put off much heat at all, the receiver especially now that all the heavy lifting is done by the external amps doesn't get very how either. everything is open minus the front door cover, all shelf's are ventilated as well. It seems the PS4 tends to put off the most heat. I dont run everything full bore for hours on end, so I've never had an issue. I also dont like stacking everything at floor level underneath a television like most people.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• Theheadsn
    edited April 2020
    Also should bring up there there is ventilation at the top of the build out itself. So things aren't just stuffed into a closed space and left there. I like to condense things if I can, but I dont like burning them out. Normally I would get a larger rack, but got this one for free so figured Id make some use out of it
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    dc4mc70zl1z4.jpg

Beautiful setup.

I have a pair... maybe I should dig it out from under covers and put it in my 9 year old daughter’s pink bedroom as an upgrade from her Amazon Echo...so I can see and hear them again! o:)
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • bms
    bms Posts: 182
    I have been running the Outlaw 2200’s on my front stage for some time now, and I agree - they do a great job, and my surround channels are definitely louder, as well.
    bms
    Family Room:
    Onkyo TX-RZ920
    Outlaw 2200 monoblock amps x 3
    Sony UBP-X700
    Sony A80J 77” OLED
    Polk LSiM 705’s
    Polk LSiM 706
    Polk LSiM 703’s
    Polk RTi4's
    Dual SVS PB13-Ultra’s
    PC13-Ultra