Soundbar keeps turning off on bluetooth input

iyoung6
iyoung6 Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Troubleshooting
First off this soundbar is AMAZING, but only one thing, it turns off on bluetooth input randomly. I thought maybe it was the output volume of my laptop, but I tested it at every level (with multiple devices) and it still does it randomly. I've tried powering down, and unplugging but it doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. If I play video games, or have no signal being sent to it at all, it seems to stay on. It seems to only happen with playing music, after a few songs, sometimes after hours. Please help! I would rather it NEVER turn off because I am ALWAYS using it. Thanks!!
Post edited by iyoung6 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The best thing to do would be to give Polk's CS department a call at: 1-800-377-7655, I'm sure they can be of help.
    Regards, Ken
  • berwyn
    berwyn Posts: 3
    There is a fix/work around but Polk does not want to mention it here as that would an admission of a defective product (poor antenna reception)! Hence the repeated posting to call Polk. Of course they do not answer phone. Do the following and it will work most of the time:
    1) Turn volume down on Polk speaker then up to maximum on phone. Then adjust Polk speaker to your ideal listening level. This increases the stength of signal from phone.
    2) Keep phone as close to speaker as possible. Signal strength decreases as square of distance.
    3) Get Polk antenna engineer fired.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    So why not provide some useful information genius....
    Instead of just slinging mud and trolling old threads?
  • Something I find interesting. My soundbar always turns off twice then stays on.
  • Also trying towel over IR to cutdown on stray signals
  • Hello,

My Polk Soundbar turns off/on automatically while using Bluetooth connection. That really annoying to pair my device again and again. However, when playing something on tv it works totally fine. Sometimes, it plays noisy sounds from the back speakers !!! And thats really weird. I dont know whats wrong with it!!!
  • sound goes off periodically and randomly. We have polk soundbar and rear speakers. Sound stays off approximately 4-5 seconds. Occurs approximately every 30 minutes.
  • So, I have the same issue! I love Polk minus the sub unpairing and the sound bar turning off.

For the sound bar:
    Hit the power button
    At the same time press source button and volume +

Hold until all of your flashing lights cycle through and go back to original flash mode. Then pair your phone up and you should be good.

My experience unfortunately that you will have to do this frequently. Also, my sub, you can reset and pair it but I can’t remember how. It’s not as simple as just hitting the reset button in the back. You have to do something with the sound bar in order for it to “re”pair