The Good NEWS Thread

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    So this wack job that use to work for us made it a great day.

UPS driver shows up. Has or normal stuff and two frozen boxes addressed to her. I tried to refuse it but he said it's frozen good and correct address.. err.

We found a coworker who knew her, we asked for her to contact the wack job to come get her stuff. After a few hours I get an email saying sorry she put the wrong address in the order, go ahead and keep it, enjoy. $270 in Rastelli steaks.. The few people working and I split it all up.

Good day. Steak for dinner tomorrow.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    SCORE!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mrloren wrote: »

UPS driver shows up. Has or normal stuff and two frozen boxes addressed to her. I tried to refuse it but he said it's frozen good and correct address.. err.

We found a coworker who knew her, we asked for her to contact the wack job to come get her stuff. After a few hours I get an email saying sorry she put the wrong address in the order, go ahead and keep it, enjoy. $270 in Rastelli steaks.. The few people working and I split it all up.

If she was laid off then I would be leery of eating them. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    BlueFox wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

If she was laid off then I would be leery of eating them. :)

No she left 5 years ago, once in a while packages show up for her. Guess she forgets where she works. These came direct from QVC 2 day air still frozen.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    The battery box for the trolling motor for the johnboat is supposed to show up today. Hope it does 'cause the boy wants to take the boat out on the lake. I don't like having him in the boat with exposed battery terminals. This will keep him safe and allow me to put the battery in a better location to better balance weight in the boat.

Here's hoping Amazon comes through!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Well, that's a drag. Box showed up but the battery is dead. Tester keeps saying it's bad but I don't believe it.

The Lightning's battery is dead too. I'm thinking the alternator is bad, though. The battery was new in March 2009, though, so it legit could be bad.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Good news, by the time I'm to go back to work, the snow should all be gone.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    With all this free time now, I was able to get an interview and passed the test for OPS! A few might know what I'm talking about :wink:
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Not SPECIAL OPS?

That's all I know.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Tony M wrote: »
    Not SPECIAL OPS?

That's all I know.

Yah, not that.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Maybe White Castle can be the cure to get it all out of your system....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very nice! Love good news stories! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Gallon of gas was $1.06 and gallon of milk was $3.36
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Tony M
    FOR REAL?...1.06?
  • xschop
    The rBGH-free milk does taste much better...

nuhier2ov1tg.png
  • Tony M
    WOW.

Almost 1975 prices again! I think it was .77 .

I could be wrong though. My brother was a gas station guy. Kind of like "The car wash" environment where he was. Big city, uniforms and center office like in the car wash movie. There were a couple stoners working there. Not at work, per say, but you know. B)
  • Tony M
    edited March 2020
    Gas around here now;
    :)
    North Carolina, Wilmington

1.59 gal. reg.

• xschop
    edited March 2020
    In 1992, stateside, Ok. Was like $1.20... Saudi Arabia (took a Desert Storm vacation) was $0.11.... I recall.

I was short on the price of milk .... $3.63
    for the A2, rBGH-free milk lol.

• Tony M
    edited March 2020
    LOL...$0.11 B)

Probably cheaper than water is there. Right?

I think my wife pays $0.38 Gal. for filtered water here at Lowe's grocery. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just paid 3.47 here in CA...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M

Crazy! :o
  • xschop
    Just paid 3.47 here in CA...

CAntafordya
  • xschop
    Tony M wrote: »

Crazy! :o

Half that goes to the MTBE hush-up...mean clean-up.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Paid $2.79 on my last fill-up
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2020
    1.65 here in commie Illinois ... whoops i mean central Illinois