The Good NEWS Thread

Options
With all the garbage and negativity going around these days, I thought I would start a thread for GOOD NEWS ONLY.

I don't care if it is a news story, something from you community or your personal life. It can be life's small miracles or great blessings, spiritual(does not mean religion) or anything that gives inspiration and hope.

Let this thread be a place to come and share a smile.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I just had some chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    I'm getting ready to eat some rum cake and drink a beer.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I had a double-shot of Jefferson Reserve and the tubes are glowing... This morning my son closed the door to the bathroom and a couple minutes later he shouted with joy "Daddy I did it!"

He made his first poo.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,329
    Options
    I had a double-shot of Jefferson Reserve and the tubes are glowing... This morning my son closed the door to the bathroom and a couple minutes later he shouted with joy "Daddy I did it!"

He made his first poo.

auyzl8vsaxkn.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Finally got around to picking up a DSLR attachment for the microscope. B)

rlj7x10sc1lu.jpg

dl9jqy3w2o5j.jpg

One item on the list will be to get some images of different wire surfaces.

I'm very curious to look at the stock wire from the 2.3TL, along with a few others on hand, including the Cardas Litz, AQ Type-4, and the solid core of the wire in the Shotgun S1.

Image stacking would be ideal, but a tedious task, as the depth of field is extremely shallow at higer magnification.

Of course this won't tell everything but should be fun.

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Some of the restaurants in my town are giving out free meals to kids that would get them at school now that all the schools are closed here.

I got my wife’s honey dew list almost complete. One more project. Replace the bathroom faucet.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Heading back home from Chicago where I attended my nephew's wedding. Had a wonderful time with all my family, many of which I haven't seen in decades.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    My absolute favorite way to start the day.......
    k7jrmj10sj2j.png
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Watching someone else work out?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I saw 2 butterflys high-5 each other. Awesome!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Just drinking my Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee spending a little time with my doggy...

Life is good!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Working from home today, as is most of the campus. Still in my jammies! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    I finally got the colossal pain in the rear crown molding pinned up so it's ready for finishing. I fixed another broken garage door. Got the lawn mowers ready for mowing grass. Got a new keg for the kegerator and refilled the CO2 tank and we cleaned up the laundry room this past weekend.

Instead of sitting on the Internet or in front of the TV all weekend clutching pearls over a virus.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Hazel tagged her first rabbit on Saturday.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Hazel tagged her first rabbit on Saturday.

Hazel? I think she overcooked it. :o

ymit7erxhy7a.jpg
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Resting for the late morning hunt.

r5go30bwapbf.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Resting for the late morning hunt.
    She looks way better than the Shirley Booth version of Hazel. :p

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Got a new keg for the kegerator and refilled the CO2 tank and we cleaned up the laundry room this past weekend.

Instead of sitting on the Internet or in front of the TV all weekend clutching pearls over a virus.

One of my least favorite tasks is the cleaning involved with getting a new keg and I tried skipping that routine once. Live and learn......... those lines and connections have to be squeaky clean after every keg. I also learned the hard way to make sure those CO2 connections are air tight and shut off when not in use.

• oldrocker
    Options
    You can't see it in the pic, above her left eye is a small scab.

About a week ago an old tom cat made it's way to our place, when she see's it she turns on the jets and is on it immediately.

Mr. Tom raises up and in she goes. She did not see his paw come in that fast, popped her right on the head.

She backs up, looks back at me with a WTH look on her face.

She doesn't kill them, she's just playing with them, I think she just wants them to play chase with her.

The gardens should be safe this year..... B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Gorgeous albeit chilly morning here today.
    Looking forward for going walkkies later when it warms up a bit.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I finally got the colossal pain in the rear crown molding pinned up so it's ready for finishing. I fixed another broken garage door. Got the lawn mowers ready for mowing grass. Got a new keg for the kegerator and refilled the CO2 tank and we cleaned up the laundry room this past weekend.

I know you're busy as hell, but would love to see some pics of the place when you get a chance.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I didn’t kill anyone this morning. Off to a good start this week.

Had a good weekend framing solo in my basement. If I keep picking away at it, might be done in the next month+-.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited March 2020
    Options
    78g0o3my17is.jpeg
    No paper worries for awhile....maybe this should go in the hoarding thread? Lol
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

I know you're busy as hell, but would love to see some pics of the place when you get a chance.

What would you be interested in seeing?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    And she looks like she could go for a few more years!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    Options
    That hound dog is stoned as hell. 😊

I assume he considers that good news. 😎😀
    Sal Palooza
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Our Son dropped off Rocca, our Grand Puppy to spend a long weekend with us. He's a Very good Boy

3c9pi26oafcp.jpg

Good looking pup. Even better looking grass. I'm jealous, mine is 80% moss. Gotta love the PNW...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Dang my lawn is still brown! Good news is that I don't have to mow it yet! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.