Happy Picard Day!

13»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Does 7 of 9 look even better older? WOW!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    mantis wrote: »

Yup, she's keeping it tight. Hope she's more of a regular next season.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If she is, it will be as the Queen.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    mantis wrote: »

Yes! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    If she is, it will be as the Queen.

I can totally see that happening.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    And Picard will either be dead or be downloaded into the body of a synth...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Just watched episode 10.... Let me know when it's safe to discuss the season, spoilers and all.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    USE THE SPOILER BUTTON!!!

b7ihb5aopi0h.jpg
  • Nightfall
    :'(

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Just finished episode 10! Loved it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2020
    Now that we have all had ample opportunity to watch the show, I thought I would chime in with my impressions... minimal spoilers follow.

I felt the show started strong, and got a bit weak through ep 4-6, then picked up towards the end. Seeing Seven take her place as queen of the Borg Collective was an area I felt could have and should have lasted longer than 5 minutes... in fact she should still be there IMHO.

I also felt as if there was a mad rush to try and finish things off rather than have any sort of lose ends laying around. I wish the season could have ended with Picard’s death, perhaps even being greeted by Data as he comes to realize his mortal existence is over. Soji and Alton Soong standing over the Admiral with Machiavellian smiles on their faces, while the impending arrival of the ancient Synths is just starting to come through.

So it would have ended for me with everything hanging in the balance of what side would Seven of Nine take as the new Borg Queen, and what would Soji do. save Picard or lead the synths in battle against the Zhat Vash.... I also would have loved to see Denise Crosby as one of the Zhat Vash, and the look on Picard’s face when she popped up.

Overall, I think Picard is off to a good start, and I hope it picks up steam next season.

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited April 2020
    nm
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Just watched the first episode of this series earlier this evening! What a great first episode to get you interested in the show!

As a big fan of TNG, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    My wife and I just finished the series, and we both agree that it was well done and very enjoyable. Looking forward to season 2!
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Janey and I loved Piccard. Got mixed feelings about Discovery.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Keiko wrote: »
    Janey and I loved Piccard. Got mixed feelings about Discovery.
    I heard that from a few people as well. It's more dark then usual so maybe I'll actually like it. I'm gonna give it a run.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    edited June 2020
    I loved Picard and am a big TNG fan; can't wait for season 2.
    I watched Discovery after that. Wasn't crazy about the season 1, but really liked the way season 2 ended; will watch season 3 when it drops. I am also interested in the announced spin-off with Spock and Captain Pike.
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • Nightfall

• nooshinjohn
    Paramount is scrapping Star Trek films, at least for now. Time to posit a theory here. Is Discovery doing a major reset to the timeline of the franchise, possibly wiping the last three films? That could explain the need to reopen the wormhole of DS9.