Common Ground Issue?

2»

Comments

• I got my upgraded 2.3's with new Polk tweeters and David Shirly upgraded crossovers for a very reasonable price as well so maybe I will do it.
    I don't even have $1k in the amp and speakers.

What really is going to be the difference? Does it have less to do with the common ground issue than I am reading into it? I think I read it will work well with non SDA speakers too.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The difference? Mo' better sound.
    I think I read it will work well with non SDA speakers too.

You mis-read. Using the Dreadnought with common ground amps also results in mo' better sound. There's absolutely no reason or for that matter, no way to use the Dreadnought with non-SDA speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I was just going through the paper work I received when I bought my 2.3's and came across the paper work from the crossover work.

Looks like Dave offers a prebuilt unit. I will have to contact him to see what was actually done to my crossovers as well

.eghgeamzsumi.jpg
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    ^^And a Dreadnaught
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2020
    OK STOP Dave put neutrik sockets and made a cable which now means that the linked dreadnought is NOT plug and play.
    You would need a new case or drill that one for neutrik connections and buy neutrik ends for the cable. Which also means either solder new connection or strip and re-terminate with quick connect.

Best bet is to contact @westmassguy and work a deal for him to maybe build one for you.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    OK STOP Dave put neutrik sockets and made a cable which now means that the linked dreadnought is NOT plug and play.
    You would need a new case or drill that one for neutrik connections and buy neutrik ends for the cable. Which also means either solder new connection or strip and re-terminate with quick connect.

Best bet is to contact @westmassguy and work a deal for him to maybe build one for you.

That's a four year old QUOTE Ivan. All I did for the original owner was rebuild the crossovers. The binding posts were not touched, nor were SpeakON sockets or a new Interconnect ever furnished.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

That's a four year old QUOTE Ivan. All I did for the original owner was rebuild the crossovers. The binding posts were not touched, nor were SpeakON sockets or a new Interconnect ever furnished.

Thanks Dave read what I could. I misinterpreted that you made new cable and connection.

Then the linked is still an option.
  • I only posted that picture to show that someone might be selling prebuilt units. The availability of new complete units for sale was in question. I should have blurred the prices.