Marantz, Quarantined, Upgrade...

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
Okay sometime ago I almost pulled the trigger on a MM8807 and a SR7013, and putting my Pioneer, and Emotiva XPA-3 to bed..

Well now with us being quarantined for the most part I am thinking about pulling the trigger on these, and picking them up from Listen Up today, I would think these would be a nice upgrade from what I have been using, and hey a little fun for me this weekend.. 😃

A little distraction if you will..

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Shut up and do it :D
    Gawd!
    Baby!

Was that enough to force your hand?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Shoot if I had a listen up near my I would have done did it.....
    Get your giddy up on Larry
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Do it, do it now. come on man what are you waiting for

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    You only live once, do it. I think that has a little more meaning in the current times we are all going through.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2020
    Peer pressure at it's finest 👍
    Dang I'm jealous B)

Which pioneer are you putting out to pasture?
  • Toolfan66
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dang I'm jealous B)

SC-LX801
  • pitdogg2
    That's a sexy stack you have there Larry.
  • pitdogg2
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Dang I'm jealous B)

SC-LX801

That looks to be a nice piece of kit.
    Can you dim the front panel?
    Asking for a friend :smile:
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2020
    Dang I'm jealous B)

SC-LX801

That looks to be a nice piece of kit.
    Can you dim the front panel?
    Asking for a friend :smile:

Yes!!

This will be the first time in many years I haven’t been running a Pioneer..

• pitdogg2
    Oh man!!! In with 65
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    What?! Not one S-video output?! What a piece of carp! I suggest you box them back up and send directly to me! I’ll even help with shipping charges.

I do like that the AVR has two places to put your dongle! That’ll be nice during this time of lockdown.
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    those are some really nice looking gears. Congratulations and Enjoy. When time permits, please post your thoughts on that 7 channel amp. I have always been curious about Marantz amps.
  • 55SLA70
    55SLA70 Posts: 45
    Well done! I have a SR6011 that I've been listening to for the past couple of years and found it to be a great A/V receiver. Excellent build quality also. That's a nice combo you got there. Enjoy!!!
    Old Name: 55LS70Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x Amperex 6922's, 1 x RCA 5R4GY Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissuesAnalog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.Digital: Marantz ND8006Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC'sSpeakers: Polk Audio LSIM 703'sInterconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Toolfan66 You take that back right now! And see if they got an AVR with balanced outs. Do they even make em? I think I saw a Yamaha that had them for the L/R only.

Tell me no, tell the class what else you have in your setup.
  • Toolfan66
    They have Pre Pro’s with Balanced outs,
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    I'm wondering why you didn't just get a pre/pro if you were already getting the amp?
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2020
    The expense of the Pre Pro and I would need another AMP as well as more cables, Trust me I wanted to..

Edit: ok the Pre Pro would have been the same but it still would have cost me more in the end..
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    The AV7705 pre/pro is the same price as that receiver.
    However if it was all of the channels of amplification that you needed..............
    Dolby Atmos/DTS X system yes?
  • Toolfan66
    The amp is only 7 channels I need 9..
  • afterburnt

You can run those other two off of the AVR no?
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2020
    afterburnt wrote: »

An AVR yes, But not a PrePro, that’s why I went with an AVR..

I am only using 3 channels off my amp now till I get some more IC’s..One step at a time..

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Looks sweet!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    I will say I am impressed with what I am hearing right now...
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Sweet. Nice pick-up. I really like the Audyssey App and how customizable it is.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    I have been enjoying the SR 8012 I picked up a few weeks ago based on recommendations here. Still trying to figure out all it can do.
  • afterburnt

An AVR yes, But not a PrePro, that’s why I went with an AVR..

I am only using 3 channels off my amp now till I get some more IC’s..One step at a time..

I have 7 channels on amps in my 7.2+ because I'm smaht. :#
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What's a used SC-LX801 go for?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    @Toolfan66 anyway I think you are gonna fall in love, not Like Barbara Eden in love but Marantz in love. Sorry.