Fond memories in pictures...

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Not really a memory 'cause I still have it but this was my first car...well, truck.

9gali8gttmuk.jpg

But since it's supposed to be memories, here's one I don't have anymore. Had prismatic color changing paint!

ycl80dj6kvcp.jpg

And yes, I kept the Ranger because it was paid off. I got the Thunderbird because I got approved for a car loan and the Ranger was starting to break a bunch. I needed to build credit history so I could secure loans for college and I needed something more reliable since I was driving back and forth across the bridge to Philly every day. The Thunderbird served it's purpose and then started getting equally unreliable as the Ranger was. So I traded it in on the Lightning.

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Awesome pictures.

And the monkey on the go kart was the best.... :D

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited March 2020
    Viking64 wrote: »
    In and around Lake George, New York, there were many great amusement parks. Some are long gone, some still there.

The Land of Makebelieve

zxfm0k07ahz6.jpg
    jfcp5v36006h.jpg

Storytown

3zya6rd6xmuy.jpg
    3e6v8ihug3cz.jpggq62io1kjvef.jpg

Wow, I remember the Shoe and the Whale. I must have been 4 or 5 years old. We used to go up to Lake George.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2020
    Love the pictures. We had both an A&W root beer stand and Burger Chef. We still have the building that the Burger Chef occupied and you can still tell if you're that age (I am) that it was in the same building because the owner of the business kept some of it as momento to the old business.

Do you know why they're no more Burger Chef's ?
    Can someone name the business that bought the Burger Chef rights?
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Going to the Drive In Theater was always a treat. This one is still open just north of me, refurbished, and going strong! :smile:
    5s31c81s2f2w.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • westmassguy
    edited March 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Love the pictures. We had both an A&W root beer stand and Burger Chef. We still have the building that the Burger Chef occupied and you can still tell if you're that age (I am) that it was in the same building because the owner of the business kept some of it as momento to the old business.

Hardee's
    We liked Burger Chef way more than McDonalds.
    Not to be forgotten:
    z7652gizgfhc.jpg

Best Square Cheeseburgers made with grilled toasted bread, not buns.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • verb
    ^^^^ Love the Impala too! 1963, IIRC. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892

Hardee's
    Not to be forgotten:
    z7652gizgfhc.jpg

I loved that place as a kid but not at first. The burger looked like something mom made (Dat not McDonald's) and I had my first ice cream soda there which was not what I had expected, it was even more disgusting than my first taste of Club Soda.
  • verb
    OMG there's still one left! Henry's Hamburgers in Benton Harbor MI, way on the other side of the State :cry: but brings back memories!

There was one in Crest Hill, IL growing up as a kid, taking the family road trip to get some burgers! :smile:
    3zceauhnvbur.png
    https://www.henryshamburgers.com/
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2020
    Correct Dave.

We have one Hardee's left in my town out of 5-6 that used to be here. They were much better than Mc Donalds I always thought and then there was that Carl's Jr. buy out thing and they went to crap and all but one went out of business, I think the last one here in town is a tax write off as there is never more than 1 vehicle in the parking lot if that. It is smack in the middle of a Mc D's, Taco Bell, Subway, Dairy Queen and Wendy's. They all are packed daily yet never more than one car in the lot at Hardee's
  • pitdogg2
    I had one or three LOVED THEM!!
  • westmassguy
    edited March 2020
    afterburnt wrote: »

Hardee's
    Not to be forgotten:
    z7652gizgfhc.jpg

I loved that place as a kid but not at first. The burger looked like something mom made (Dat not McDonald's) and I had my first ice cream soda there which was not what I had expected, it was even more disgusting than my first taste of Club Soda.
    Their cheeseburger was like a delicious grilled cheese, with a hamburger in the middle, mmmmm. The rootbeer floats were delish. The frappes were good too.
    Now I'm craving Friendly's
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    4nbgb2nzd7g9.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @nooshinjohn remember their "Kitchen Sink" Sundae?

One of the few things that I was cool when I arrived in CA in 74 was the Thrifty's 15 cent weird cylindrical Tripple scoop cone. It was like a quarter for a single back in NY. Does anyone remember that?
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Correct Dave.

We have one Hardee's left in my town out of 5-6 that used to be here. They were much better than Mc Donalds I always thought and then there was that Carl's Jr. buy out thing and they went to crap and all but one went out of business, I think the last one here in town is a tax write off as there is never more than 1 vehicle in the parking lot if that. It is smack in the middle of a Mc D's, Taco Bell, Subway, Dairy Queen and Wendy's. They all are packed daily yet never more than one car in the lot at Hardee's

Don't know how long you've been in the twin cities area but, did you have Sandy's hamburgers over there? We had a couple in the early 70's in Peoria. Both of them later switched to Hardee's about the mid 70's.
  • pitdogg2
    charley96 wrote: »
    Correct Dave.

Don't know how long you've been in the twin cities area but, did you have Sandy's hamburgers over there? We had a couple in the early 70's in Peoria. Both of them later switched to Hardee's about the mid 70's.

Both Sandy's and Mr.Quick burger joint. Both very good.
    I remember seeing a Mr. Quick over your way once upon a time. Heck I always thought ours was the only one. I have no idea hiw many of the Sandy's or Mr. Quick joints there was in the area our Midwest.

I've been here a little over 50 yrs 🙃
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2020
    https://youtu.be/FNqCgXxKnzs
    Nisswa Minnesota Turtle Races, grew up catching turtles and renting them out at the races to all the tourists at the resorts that couldn't catch their own. I would make pretty good money as a lad back then. No turtles were hurt during any of the events and were released back in the lakes me and my buddies would catch them in.
    sb657d3cwej1.jpg
    ouxudxgmhgnv.jpg
    I actually made it on a postcard 1970 I was 8 years old and I'm sporting the yellow shirt releasing my turtle.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    charley96 wrote: »
    Correct Dave.

Both Sandy's and Mr.Quick burger joint. Both very good.
    I remember seeing a Mr. Quick over your way once upon a time. Heck I always thought ours was the only one. I have no idea hiw many of the Sandy's or Mr. Quick joints there was in the area our Midwest.

I've been here a little over 50 yrs 🙃

I forgot about Mr. Quick, it was down on Main st. We would take our cars and cruise Main and pick up chicks and park at Steak & Shake.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Beloit Wisconsin. Geri’s Hamburgers. bm41wzuesu3y.jpeg
    gjweys5zk8sw.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • verb
    During high school, this place was awesome! OLD CHICAGO, Bolingbrook IL, was billed as the world's first all inclusive indoor amusement park, indoor shopping mall, video arcade, concert stage, and even had a disco inside! :smile: This was the place to be if you were in high school during those years. Built in 1975, and closed in 1980, sadly.

iblidyocp4hr.png
    ne9707bx0nuv.png
    pzuy8lzv7cq6.png
    5kh3ejmdqf4u.png
  • westmassguy
    verb wrote: »
    During high school, this place was awesome! OLD CHICAGO, Bolingbrook IL, was billed as the world's first all inclusive indoor amusement park, indoor shopping mall, video arcade, concert stage, and even had a disco inside! :smile: This was the place to be if you were in high school during those years. Built in 1975, and closed in 1980, sadly.

iblidyocp4hr.png
    ne9707bx0nuv.png
    pzuy8lzv7cq6.png
    5kh3ejmdqf4u.png

Let's see those platform shoes and bell-bottoms Dave :)
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • verb
    On dear, where did I put those prom pictures?! :smile:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The Sunshine General Store, home of the famous Sunshine burger. You haven't lived until you've had one.

13qny0fbk1e7.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk