Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    6 deaths is a lot.

I see old people with pneumonia all the time. Rarely am I not able to rescue them.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    I wonder why so many dead in Washington.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited March 2020
    I believe they were all living in the same nursing home there.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • krazypolk
    Ok, that's a good point. Probably old and some other sickness.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Im fully prepared to protect my family...our house is completely shielded with tin foil.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Im fully prepared to protect my family...our house is completely shielded with tin foil.
    It takes at least 25 layers, wrinkled and folded up, to provide full protection. Don't ask how I know... (OK, Bud told me, but you didn't get that from me.) :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    On a positive note, I’m happy to report that I have developed a method to test paper currency for the virus! I will perform the test for Polkies free of charge. I will also dispose of any contaminated currency and return the “clean” bills to you, and I’ll even cover shipping....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• krazypolk
    daddyjt wrote: »
    On a positive note, I’m happy to report that I have developed a method to test paper currency for the virus! I will perform the test for Polkies free of charge. I will also dispose of any contaminated currency and return the “clean” bills to you, and I’ll even cover shipping....

Sorry pal, plastic only.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2020
    Joey_V wrote: »
    6 deaths is a lot.

I see old people with pneumonia all the time. Rarely am I not able to rescue them.

That is awesome, thanks for what you do. @Joey_V
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020

Way to step up and help the Polk community in this time of great crisis. I nominate you for Polkie of the Year!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Screwdrivers are the best way to prevent the flu. The orange juice has lots of vitamin C and the vodka disinfects. 4 oz of 100 proof Smirnoff and 4 oz of 100% pure Florida OJ. I have 2 or 3 just to be safe.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • krazypolk
    Looks like Washington state is avoid at all costs.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    250 "possible" cases here in AZ. 26 tested, one positive and the other still waiting on results.

Later gents, time for me to go out in the remote wilderness, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over. ;)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Curious what tomorrow will bring for the stock market. Obviously, it did well today, but will in continue? All day the news is getting worse and worse, and should continue tomorrow. Will it affect the stock market?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Curious what tomorrow will bring for the stock market. Obviously, it did well today, but will in continue? All day the news is getting worse and worse, and should continue tomorrow. Will it affect the stock market?

From a pure stock market point of view. It is also great. Not everyone long every stocks. You could short it. Do calls and puts as well.

It is not really that bad from a financial point of view. If you know how to diversity, hedge, and use all the tools available..

Halen
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Sounds like you are still hoping for doom and gloom. Whatever.

Viking? OMG. WTF?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn

Do you care about how this is affecting people or your portfolio?

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will wipe out Israel.

Reported for being an anti semitic comment worthy of a permanent ban.
  • nooshinjohn

Seriously?!?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Look at all the hypocrites.
    looks like the top level of Iran's government has been exposed to the virus. I call that a silver lining.
  • Viking64
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Sounds like you are still hoping for doom and gloom. Whatever.

Viking? OMG. WTF?

Tom

And you yourself thanked his post.
  • Viking64

And you yourself thanked his post.

Agreed with, I should say.
  • Viking64
    Clipdat wrote: »

Reported for being an anti semitic comment worthy of a permanent ban.

You should be as "polite" as your "reviews".
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020
    looks like the top level of Iran's government has been exposed to the virus. I call that a silver lining.

My family fled Iran and their persecution. They lived through the indiscriminate torture and killing. They saw everything they knew and loved systematically wiped off the face of the earth. And they were among the elites. They gave up everything and tens of millions of dollars that was stripped away from them to make a new life in freedom. When I say what I did, it comes from first-hand, and informed experience.

You have proven your ignorance. For a long time I have given you the benefit of the doubt, but no more. Welcome to my bozo list, and I hope someday you will be banned.

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Is it to late to start watching dooms day preapers?
  • Viking64
    edited March 2020

My family fled Iran and their persecution. They lived through the indiscriminate torture and killing. They saw everything they knew and loved systematically wiped off the face of the earth. And the were among the elites. The gave up everything and tens of millions of dollars that was stripped away from them to make a new life in freedom. When I say what I did, it come from first-hand, and informed experience.

You have proven your ignorance. For a long time I have given you the benefit of the doubt, but no more. Welcome to my bozo list, and I hope someday you will be banned.
    If someone else said that, you would call them a "snowflake", like you do here weekly.

Whatever happened to your family should not preclude you from the same treatment for your comment that you are calling for for me.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2020
    Butchering Mullahs and an ayatollah that are hellbent on destroying the United States and the Nation of Israel are not even remotely the same thing.

Good bye.

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305

Just for clarification - are you wishing death on ALL the residents of Israel, or just the Jews?

What, pray-tell, did these people do to you, for you to openly wish them death??
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Butchering Mullahs and an ayatollah that are hellbent on destroying the United States and the Nation of Israel are not even remotely the same thing.

Good bye.

More name-calling.
  • Viking64

Just for clarification - are you wishing death on ALL the residents of Israel, or just the Jews?

What, pray-tell, did these people do to you, for you to openly wish them death??

I'm not wishing death on anyone.
This discussion has been closed.