Show me your ****(embly), and let me get in your guts baby!

Comments

• jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,428
    Project/One DC Series Mark 1500 receiver:
    3hmmdcdyal0a.jpg
    cou8ryawjedv.jpg

"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,870
    big ol caps
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 453
    New to me Bryston 14B3:
    1q5p169dlb3b.jpg
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Yamaha CX-A5100
    Amp: Parasound JC5, A31, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, AQ Niagara, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,559
    THAT IS BAD A&$ ;)
    Thanks. Didn't need the power but came across a deal that was too good to pass up.
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Yea I do not need to win the powerball but it would be nice lol
    :D:D:D
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea I do not need to win the powerball but it would be nice lol
    :D:D:D

I don't play so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you win! :)
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,063
    1mvjtmbs7ia5.jpg

"They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,593
    edited February 21
    1mvjtmbs7ia5.jpg

ummm... uhhh... profoundly modified PAS, PAS-2, or PAS-3 @KennethSwauger?

:)

(I like that HP distortion meter, too)
    Sorry I should have indicated what it is. It's the inside of a deHavilland Model 222 tape playback electronics during a fairly recent tube exchange.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
    edited February 21
    oh... I had (obviously) no clue... but then, that's not a component I am even familiar with! I'm not peripatetic, I just pretend to be! ;)

It looks very cool!

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,121
    Sutherland 20/20 phono preamp

Sutherland__2020Updated-View2.jpg
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Those are beasts! Is it original Mondale (sp) or Klipsch era?

It is the Klipsch era 8008 mkii which is electronically the same as the 8008bb from Mondial...just upgraded aesthetics. I'm really digging this amp with the 1.2tl's. I think the amp is even larger in person than it looks in pictures online.

Let me know if you ever want to move it down the road.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 601
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Those are beasts! Is it original Mondale (sp) or Klipsch era?

It is the Klipsch era 8008 mkii which is electronically the same as the 8008bb from Mondial...just upgraded aesthetics. I'm really digging this amp with the 1.2tl's. I think the amp is even larger in person than it looks in pictures online.

Let me know if you ever want to move it down the road.

It’s already found a new home with a friend of mine. Great amp to be honest, don’t pass one up if you get a chance at one at the right price. Probably my second favorite amp behind my pass labs. I still want to try out a set of Palladium monoblocks if I come across a set.
    Inside an Advent 100A Dolby B outboard unit:fjgnedduqpuw.jpg
    ^^^ Wow, there's a lotta stuff in there!

I have one of the little Advent Dolby B NR units... I can't remember the model number offhand. 'twas a dump find (of course); I've never actually tried it -- come to think of it. I'll drag it out & snap a piccie or two anon (if & when circumstances permit).
    edited February 23
    38MwLZI__12068.1582404413.jpg?c=2
    Berkeley Audio Design Alpha Reference Series 1 DAC
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,409
    Yeah but...

3ke4a6r0m3zh.jpeg
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    It's not a competition.

20170720163954_Photo1b-ES9028PRODAC3HGCInside.jpg
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Sutherland 20/20 phono preamp

Sutherland__2020Updated-View2.jpg

Undressing my preamp without my consent. Tisk tisk.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,403
    I like GUTS.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
    "Wow, there's a lotta stuff in there!"
    All of that circuitry was replaced by one or two integrated circuits within a few years. Dolby Labs introduced a complete alphabet soup of noise reduction systems with "SR" being one of the later.
    "Wow, there's a lotta stuff in there!"
    All of that circuitry was replaced by one or two integrated circuits within a few years. Dolby Labs introduced a complete alphabet soup of noise reduction systems with "SR" being one of the later.

Yup.
    And now (2020) no one's making Dolby B ICs, and as a consequence the few current production cassette decks use DNR or (perhaps?) generic NR schemes. :|

edited February 24
    I didn't know that, there's a few Dolby chips for sale on eBay from time to time. I've sort of collected a few: Teac AN180, Sony NR335, Advent 100A (2) Advent 100 and a British Integrex unit that was offered as a kit. I'm going to work on the 100A and see if some new parts can make it better sounding. The Integrex unit sounds quite good after a few minutes being on.
    edited February 24
    Is the 100A the little/cheap one from Advent @KennethSwauger ? I still haven't managed to unearth the one downstairs (imagine that). :/

Oh, PS (and not really on topic, but what the heck!?) -- you might like this collection of brochure images (mostly covers/first pages):
    https://aghaken.smugmug.com/Brochures/

No the 100 and 100A are full sized units only slightly narrower than a standard component width. The 100 was the first unit and there was an optional microphone preamp that could be added. The 100A only differed from 100 in that it added the microphone preamp. The unit you might be referring to is the Advent 101 a smaller unit that I haven't seen around much.
    Those brochure images are great, love all the Ampex ones.
    edited May 25
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851a integrated amplifier:

ok74xjyeb7z9.jpg
    Lots of stuff packed into a small box!
  • KexKex Posts: 4,304
    Yup! Looks pretty good, though. Nice power supply (two of them), and some decent efforts at cooling. Not surprising it’s 15Kg/33lbs weight!

Official Website
    Alea jacta est!
    Kex wrote: »
    some decent efforts at cooling.

It runs quite hot, even when playing at lower volumes.

Lots of power on tap at 120wpc into 8ohm and 200wpc into 4ohm.