Polk Legend Series L600 -- any ears-on experience/reports?

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
Apropos of https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188179/polk-l200-speaker-demo-reviews/p13
smglbrth wrote: »
dromunds wrote: »
Why not the L600's?

You know, I was thinking about that very thing the other day. You don't hardly ever see anything, review-wise, on the L600's...

... and in an attempt not to fall into my usual bad habit of draggin' that thread off-topic :( I figured I'd take a crack at starting a new thread.

Has anyone on this forum had a chance to hear the L600s -- or (better yet!) does anyone have a pair (of L600s, that is!)?

Notes from the field, anyone?

Maybe we can start a petition or something to get @clipdat to review a pair of 'em?

Enquiring minds want to know!

:)

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I have no basis for my speculation, but I am of the ill-informed opinion that they may be the sweetspot in the L series.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited February 2020
    Not sure how many have been delivered to dealers yet. NFM has the L600 & L800 set to arrive here March 22nd. They need to correct their dimensions! Maybe there were some delays coming out of China?

nichdgatnahb.jpg
    1rrd6bkntg6e.jpg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    2K for a pair of good speakers is dirt cheap. They should sell well if they sound good.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    BlueFox wrote: »
    2K for a pair of good speakers is dirt cheap. They should sell well if they sound good.

They are actually 4k for the pair, Bud...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL. Marketing. Who buys one speaker?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    My guess would be people that can't read what they drop in their shopping cart.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Maybe we can start a petition or something to get @clipdat to review a pair of 'em?

Thanks for the thought Mark, but unfortunately I don't have the room to do them justice and thus accurately review them.
  • nooshinjohn
    I do...

• Comparing them to the 707/705 would be fun to experience the evolution of the ring radiator sound.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    You can do that with the L200/LSiM 703, which I did in the first review to some extent
  • mhardy6647

Well, there's this person :)
    https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/speakers/messages/36/368045.html

Remember, it's 2020 -- if vinyl isn't retro enough to gain status in one's peer group, there's always mono vinyl. Then we get to 78s, shellac, Edison cylinders...

And there are always music boxes (which is where Thorens got its start, at least in terms of music reproduction, you know).
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    DFW, TX Nebraska Furniture has the: L600 Black Ash
    On Display in Dallas-Fort Worth Store.
    IN STOCK in Dallas-Fort Worth Store
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    edited February 2020
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Why haven't you given us a full report on them yet? You have had a few hours to go listen to them !!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    erniejade wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Why haven't you given us a full report on them yet? You have had a few hours to go listen to them !!

He’s not a team player... :p;)

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Not sure how many have been delivered to dealers yet. NFM has the L600 & L800 set to arrive here March 22nd. They need to correct their dimensions! Maybe there were some delays coming out of China?

nichdgatnahb.jpg
    1rrd6bkntg6e.jpg
    Yup, I physically saw both the L600 and L800 on display at the DFW Nebraska a few months ago. I actually wanted to hear the L600, but no employees around that knew how to do anything but sell TVs.
    People configuring home theaters, which is a major market for this line. Maybe not single speakers, but odd numbers. I've seen theater configurations with a projector that use two of the largest speakers for L/R, and a mid- tower as the center channel behind the screen. Or a combination of 5 mid towers for front and back L/R + center.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited February 2020
    I do...

You going to get a pair of the L800s to compare against your fully modded 1.2's John?

I'm very curious how powerport will stand up to the 15" bass radiator....and how the SDA effect compares as well.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    I need at least 10 people committed to attending before I try to make it happen. so far only 5 people.

• I like the L600 a lot :).

6t499o91ximx.jpg

87hm9p46e2p8.jpg
  • mhardy6647

You wanna expand on that a wee bit?

B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    What is height input meaning?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    erniejade wrote: »
    What is height input meaning?

optional atmos add on modules
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    one Atmos
    two Atmice

• mhardy6647
    ^^^ I just lol'd :)
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »

You wanna expand on that a wee bit?

B)

I have a lot more listening time with the L100 which i really really like. The L600 gives me all the benefits of the L100 but with that bigger fuller sound that only towers can muster. Bass is extremely strong and but still nice and clean. Am a big fan of the new Legend series.

Really making me curious to hear how much more the L800 brings to the table.
  • gmd
    gmd Posts: 1
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has any review/experience with the L600s? Just registered here but I have owned Polks for nearly 15 years now (RTi6 fronts) and want to upgrade to full towers and these are on the short list. Really hard to find any credible opinions of them online though and can't find them in any store to listen to.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I sure like the L200’s.