Polk Legend Series L600 -- any ears-on experience/reports?

Options
13»

Comments

• ausvoy
    ausvoy Posts: 12
    Options
    Btw I think part of the low profile for the L600’s here is that there has been a big shortage of stock over the last 8 months due to the pandemic.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    The Legend line speakers have been in stock through online sellers most of the time in the US market since their introduction. One big issue though is lack of places to see and hear them in person and that was true before the pandemic shutdowns.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Thanks for the updated thoughts. It’s good to hear reviews from people who have hands-on listening experience rather than the B.S. negativity that floats around based on nothing but specs and negative conjecture. You didn’t mention a preamp. Can’t remember, but can the OPPO 105 function as a preamp? If so, I wonder if the L600’s would improve even more with a real nice tube preamp?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    The Legend line speakers have been in stock through online sellers most of the time in the US market since their introduction. One big issue though is lack of places to see and hear them in person and that was true before the pandemic shutdowns.
    That's been true since the LSI's where released.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    ausvoy wrote: »
    More feedback after more listening.
    These sound as good as the Osbourne Epitome and better than my Focal Cobalts.
    The Osbourne speakers are renowned for their compete sound quality and a good friend of mine has the Osbourne Monuments, which are the best speakers I have have heard regardless of price.
    Anyway the L600s are definitely in the high end audiophile league. Btw, they should be for the price. The more I listen the more I’m appreciating the work that must have gone into the development and voicing of this speaker. To my ears they got it right!
    Maybe not as full sounding as the LSiM’s slightly enhanced sound, but super accurate and more realistic.
    Money outstanding thing is the high quality and immense quantity of bass for the small 7” drivers.
    Midrange and highs are also outstanding and I’m surprised as to how non fatiguing they are. You can listen all day long if you are not careful and end up being a couch potato 🥔 😁.

My source is the Oppo 105 via silver coated interconnects. Amp is the Nelson Pass F5 class A 25w pc into 8ohms. This amp is super transparent and a little valve like I may the sound scraping, it is Surprisingly loud with the L600, the 4ohm load would help here as my other speakers are not as lounge on this amp.

Anyway Polk have a sleeper here as I have seen minimal reviews and publicity on this model here in AU 🇦🇺. Is there much on the L600s in the 🇺🇸 or 🇨🇦?

Keep well and hope the pandemic is easing up for you all, as we have single digit cases here with the vaccine about to roll out 😊

Sounds good. I definitely need to hear a pair of these
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound