Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Very nice Karma not in I have a linear tracker in storage that I might pull out and dust off after seeing this. Good luck to all who have entered.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    in please
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2020
    Cool Karma. B)

Not in.
    I have a couple from the series already. ;)

One needs repair though.
    The arm just floats to the middle, skating across a record in 4 seconds.
    Any idea as to why?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Nice karma, Jody. Not in.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    In please, my daughter is a musician and told em the other day that records are the true measure of music. She had bought albums and hung them on her wall - would love to get her something to play them with!!!!
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Tony M wrote: »
    Cool Karma. B)

Not in.

One needs repair though.
    Any idea as to why?
    Does it drop down and then skate, or never drop? The more 'normal' problem is sticking - not advancing, which is usually from a worn-out tonearm belt and/or old sticky lube.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    Glad so many folks are interested :) I'll let this stay up through Monday.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Ok, I am in for the win!
  • Very generous karma. I’m in for sure.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Nice karma. In please.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2020
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Cool Karma. B)

Not in.

One needs repair though.
    Any idea as to why?
    Does it drop down and then skate, or never drop? The more 'normal' problem is sticking - not advancing, which is usually from a worn-out tonearm belt and/or old sticky lube.

It drops and then skates. It's like there's no tracking speed going on at all. I'll go out today and hook them up and review their motions again. ;)
  • jdjohn
    Are you sure the diamond tip is still there? Bonded tips, especially, can break off, and then you've got nothing in the groove. But these linears usually have a tracking mechanism to control the movement.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2020
    I just came back in from testing the only TT in that series that I still have. I think.
    I only have one TT in that series now. An SL-Q6 w/manual.
    Pic. from the web;
    fostuxfi7ovx.png

I tested it and it works fine. :pB)
    I looked for the needle tip right away.

I believe I looked at the other TTs cartridge needle tip and I think it had a good tip on it...But if it didn't...THAT would explain the skating!
    But I've had records for 35 years and know a little ( :) ) about needle tips. But I am getting old and I probably gave that TT away during a bad time with pain back then.
    Then again, it might be tucked away for repair in the bowels of my collection somewhere. :#

I'm really thinking I must've given the other one away as a bonus gift to somebody who bought a lot of stereo stuff one day. I remember trying to take the mechanism apart from the lid and couldn't see how to fix a darn thing. I think I only got one level deep and couldn't see how to fix it. I'll wonder if it was the needle tip from now on.. :D

Thanks again for your experience and knowledge pertaining to this series of cool Turntables. ;)

• jdjohn
    Haha...well, I've worked on a grand total of two at this point :p so not exactly an expert. But they are fine little decks when working properly, and there are some VERY good cartridges/stylii available for them.

Back pain can really hinder things in this hobby, so I feel ya. It actually causes back pain many times.
  • Tony M
    I hear ya.
    You're 2 TTs ahead of me. ;)
    These technics turntables like yours weigh a lot too. Solid little TTs!

This hobby can cause groin pain too. Carrying 80lb. speakers is getting harder and harder the older I get. After the thrill of purchasing wears off, it seems they gain 40 or 50 more lbs.

Real quick...
    I saw an ad for free audio stuff on Thanksgiving day of all days. The stuff was 35 miles from me. A long 35 but it was a beautiful day and I took a trip to see if these amps were still on the ground as was shown in a picture.

I got down there and they were still there. I grabbed them and put them in my truck like they weighed 20 lbs. each. I brought them home. A few days later I went to move them from my truck. :s:o
    They weigh about 51 lbs. each I think it was said here on the forum by Drew. :D
    I couldn't believe it! :D
    Adrenalin is an amazing hormone!
    Carrying them into the cottage was a totally different event. :#:D
    knbzm1mhm0el.png
    6uguupqhwsh8.png

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Well that’s a great deal. Did they work?
  • jdjohn
    Don't de-rail my thread Joe ;)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    My bad Jody. Don’t answer Tony.
  • 98Badger
    98Badger Posts: 317
    Been curious about linear trackers. In please
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Heck yes, very sweet Karma. In please!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Amazing karma. In please
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jdjohn
    Here is the list so far - 27 participants :)
    5olgbbnoqzz3.png
    Please speak-up if you've changed your mind, or if I've missed you. I will use the =RANDBETWEEN function in Excel to determine the lucky winner.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Very nice! In please
  • jdjohn
    Gotcha daboyz!

I'm calling time at 9:00PM CST tonight for inclusion.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Just to be fair I request that 26 of you bow out.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    In please. I had a Mitsubishi LT20 years ago. And always regretted selling it.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • jdjohn
    halo71 wrote: »
    In please. I had a Mitsubishi LT20 years ago. And always regretted selling it.
    I bet you do regret selling that! I regret not buying an LT-22 that sat forever on my local CL. You're in on this now.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    You are about to make someone's night buddy!
  • jdjohn
    Some fresh images. Notice in the second pic - the right side - a "previous owner" etched his name into the plastic chassis, under the 'Stop' button >:) "Joseph Z____" Of course the new owner will see the full name, but I erased the remainder of the last name for this pic.
    ij00b61zwv1i.jpg
    ikjg4651x3ez.jpg
    a015q4hyhop6.jpg
    Sorry...iso pads are NOT included :) but RCA, ground, and power cables will be included.
    gbcr56dkygsd.jpg
    Yeah, one of them melted a bit at some point, but it functions perfectly fine. The pic probably looks worse than it does in person.
  • jdjohn
    This karma is CLOSED.