West Coast Polk Fest...

This is a gauge of interest only at this time, but how many would be interested in attending a West Coast meet? The location being discussed at this time is my home but that may change a bit if needed to accommodate more people. If we can get a nice turnout, we may be able to have Polk Audio demo the L800’s in the Los Angeles area for the very first time!

I live in Woodland Hills. No date has been set yet. Again this is only to see if we can generate enough interest to make it feasible.

Post your interest here.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Atta boy!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    It’d be a road trip, but I’m interested (western Oregon).
  • I would be interested
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited January 2020
    B
    U
    M
    P
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    If it’s wasn’t like 1500 miles away I would love to meet you and hear those SDAs John! I bet that is one amazing sounding rig and you could teach me a lot about how to get good sound...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    And mine was in jest. Just in cases anyone gets all b.h.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I would be interested
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Will there be an endless koobideh buffet?
  • treitz3
    Knowing John, he'll be serving balls.

Little balls.

Little, itty bitty balls.

"Meatballs", that is...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Yes, there will be food, but I will leave the balls to Russ.

• treitz3
    So no balls? Bummer.

Tom
  • Theheadsn
    Theheadsn Posts: 413
    I'm in north orange county, would be cool to have a meet up somewhere.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I'm 3 hours each way but I'm still in. I'll bring the B&K if you guy's want..
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • treitz3
    Eh, 4 people is a good start.

The first Carverfest only had 13 people show up. It's been holding steady at 50-60 people every year since. Ya' got'sta' start somewhere!

I do know this. John has been trying to start a GTG on the West Coast for some time now. The main issue was the venue many years ago but that was something that was anticipated to have many more folks join in on the fun. While that may have never materialized, you folks have a chance now for the first time to start something on the West Coast.

You start with 5, then it gains traction and you go from there...

Tom
  • afterburnt
    I am in if the stars align, I have one weekend a month that I can do it.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    maxward wrote: »
    It’d be a road trip, but I’m interested (western Oregon).

I'd ride with you! I'll bring the weed and Dorido's!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Hey John...

Cool initiatives dude... and I’m checking in because that Monty Python event is just seismic in significance....

I’m on a totally different continent right now (literally), and no time to spare with my business preoccupations these days, so probably a no-show in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

2020 is a new decade, and a lot may happen. I hope to improve my audio equipment before too long... it’s been on standby mode for the last decade. Have promised to take wifey out in any of our favorite Pasadena restaurants every month I increase our net worth by at least 50K... 🤔 😬 😳
    Alea jacta est!
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    I'd be up for a GTG
    ddog Posts: 230
    I'm interested in this as well..
    If you need help with food and drinks I'm in for that too.
  • afterburnt
    Isn't it the end of the last decade?
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Nah... that was December 31, 2019.

When the 1 of 201x changes to 2 of 202x, it’s a new decade! 🎉
    Alea jacta est!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    mrloren wrote: »

dude I never have ever avoid the 6+ hour drive to Skips House or the LSAF! do me a favorite and just show up..okay B)

and your B&K would Rock my friend! heck ya bring it brother! they will enjoy it! as will I even though I can't make it!

Dudes ...never pass on a chance to meet a fellow Polkie....

Last Year i got to meet Ivan & Josh & ERnie/Brian...for the 1st time, & my list is growing and I loving every minute of it!!!

And I don't give a flying Squirrel if my Grammar sukses the best! :p

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    Kex wrote: »

Nah, let's argue. Is your kid one or zero?

By definition, a decade is 10 years. The first decade consisted of the years [ 1 - 10 ], and ended when I won the argument LOL!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    voltz wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

dude I never have ever avoid the 6+ hour drive to Skips House or the LSAF! do me a favorite and just show up..okay B)

and your B&K would Rock my friend! heck ya bring it brother! they will enjoy it! as will I even though I can't make it!

Dudes ...never pass on a chance to meet a fellow Polkie....

Last Year i got to meet Ivan & Josh & ERnie/Brian...for the 1st time, & my list is growing and I loving every minute of it!!!

And I don't give a flying Squirrel if my Grammar sukses the best! :p

Agree 100%
    We have built great friendships on this forum and sealed the deal with many with gatherings

Audio is a small community but can feel huge with these forums and gatherings

Even if it's 3 or 4 people or 20+ ....doesn't matter when its audio gear...more time in the sweet spot

JUST DO IT !!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    Ron, totally agree life is busy but you have to make time outside of the routine for the good stuff because the routine stuff bites azz and you will never look back and say "I should have done more routine junk". I AM THERE JOHN" meatballs or not! You call the tune!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »

Nah, let's argue. Is your kid one or zero?

By definition, a decade is 10 years. The first decade consisted of the years [ 1 - 10 ], and ended when I won the argument LOL!

Well. A newborn is not zero on the day born and definitely not 1 yet. If that is the case. A number between zero and one... multiplied by itself to infinity will never be greater than one.

As for decade. Year#10

halen
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    At birth, the baby is entering its first year of life at year zero. After one year it starts the second year of its life at year one. Same with a decade, it starts at year 0, and ends at year 9.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.