West Coast Polk Fest...

This is a gauge of interest only at this time, but how many would be interested in attending a West Coast meet? The location being discussed at this time is my home but that may change a bit if needed to accommodate more people. If we can get a nice turnout, we may be able to have Polk Audio demo the L800’s in the Los Angeles area for the very first time!

I live in Woodland Hills. No date has been set yet. Again this is only to see if we can generate enough interest to make it feasible.

Post your interest here.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,489
    Atta boy!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 548
    It’d be a road trip, but I’m interested (western Oregon).
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • rburgess714rburgess714 Posts: 543
    I would be interested
    Living Room
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Parasound P5, Parasound A23, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,659
    edited January 15
    B
    U
    M
    P
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,251
    N
    O
    P
    E

:p
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,222
    After all that's happened here lately I'd have to say not now. I'm not saying that I'd never attend your gathering just that at this time it is still too soon.

Perhaps in 20 or 30 years from now....
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,424
    If it’s wasn’t like 1500 miles away I would love to meet you and hear those SDAs John! I bet that is one amazing sounding rig and you could teach me a lot about how to get good sound...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Cambridge Azur 851A; Cambridge Azur 851D; Bryston BPD-1
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45; ACI Titan Subwoofer; Squeezebox Touch
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,251
    And mine was in jest. Just in cases anyone gets all b.h.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,288
    I would be interested
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 6,989
    Will there be an endless koobideh buffet?
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled
    Knowing John, he'll be serving balls.

Little balls.

Little, itty bitty balls.

"Meatballs", that is...

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,659
    Yes, there will be food, but I will leave the balls to Russ.

So no balls? Bummer.

Tom

• TheheadsnTheheadsn Posts: 409
    I'm in north orange county, would be cool to have a meet up somewhere.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,288
    I'm 3 hours each way but I'm still in. I'll bring the B&K if you guy's want..
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
    Eh, 4 people is a good start.

The first Carverfest only had 13 people show up. It's been holding steady at 50-60 people every year since. Ya' got'sta' start somewhere!

I do know this. John has been trying to start a GTG on the West Coast for some time now. The main issue was the venue many years ago but that was something that was anticipated to have many more folks join in on the fun. While that may have never materialized, you folks have a chance now for the first time to start something on the West Coast.

You start with 5, then it gains traction and you go from there...

Tom

I am in if the stars align, I have one weekend a month that I can do it.

I disabled
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,149
    maxward wrote: »
    It’d be a road trip, but I’m interested (western Oregon).

I'd ride with you! I'll bring the weed and Dorido's!
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • KexKex Posts: 4,266
    Hey John...

Cool initiatives dude... and I’m checking in because that Monty Python event is just seismic in significance....

I’m on a totally different continent right now (literally), and no time to spare with my business preoccupations these days, so probably a no-show in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

2020 is a new decade, and a lot may happen. I hope to improve my audio equipment before too long... it’s been on standby mode for the last decade. Have promised to take wifey out in any of our favorite Pasadena restaurants every month I increase our net worth by at least 50K... 🤔 😬 😳
    Alea jacta est!
  • civiliancivilian Posts: 356
    I'd be up for a GTG
    I'm interested in this as well..
    If you need help with food and drinks I'm in for that too.
    Isn't it the end of the last decade?

I disabled
  • KexKex Posts: 4,266
    Nah... that was December 31, 2019.

When the 1 of 201x changes to 2 of 202x, it’s a new decade! 🎉
    Alea jacta est!
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,423
    mrloren wrote: »

dude I never have ever avoid the 6+ hour drive to Skips House or the LSAF! do me a favorite and just show up..okay B)

and your B&K would Rock my friend! heck ya bring it brother! they will enjoy it! as will I even though I can't make it!

Dudes ...never pass on a chance to meet a fellow Polkie....

Last Year i got to meet Ivan & Josh & ERnie/Brian...for the 1st time, & my list is growing and I loving every minute of it!!!

And I don't give a flying Squirrel if my Grammar sukses the best! :p

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    Kex wrote: »

Nah, let's argue. Is your kid one or zero?

By definition, a decade is 10 years. The first decade consisted of the years [ 1 - 10 ], and ended when I won the argument LOL!

I disabled
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,219
    voltz wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

dude I never have ever avoid the 6+ hour drive to Skips House or the LSAF! do me a favorite and just show up..okay B)

and your B&K would Rock my friend! heck ya bring it brother! they will enjoy it! as will I even though I can't make it!

Dudes ...never pass on a chance to meet a fellow Polkie....

Last Year i got to meet Ivan & Josh & ERnie/Brian...for the 1st time, & my list is growing and I loving every minute of it!!!

And I don't give a flying Squirrel if my Grammar sukses the best! :p

Agree 100%
    We have built great friendships on this forum and sealed the deal with many with gatherings

Audio is a small community but can feel huge with these forums and gatherings

Even if it's 3 or 4 people or 20+ ....doesn't matter when its audio gear...more time in the sweet spot

JUST DO IT !!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
    Ron, totally agree life is busy but you have to make time outside of the routine for the good stuff because the routine stuff bites azz and you will never look back and say "I should have done more routine junk". I AM THERE JOHN" meatballs or not! You call the tune!

I disabled
  • halenhalen Posts: 607
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »

Nah, let's argue. Is your kid one or zero?

By definition, a decade is 10 years. The first decade consisted of the years [ 1 - 10 ], and ended when I won the argument LOL!

Well. A newborn is not zero on the day born and definitely not 1 yet. If that is the case. A number between zero and one... multiplied by itself to infinity will never be greater than one.

As for decade. Year#10

halen