Infinity RSII....??? Any one had ears on them?

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited December 2019
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    If you think he's a flipper then definitely haggle on the price. That may help your decision

Oh yes.... I know the CR Limbo. Lol

Just finished watching this. If I work 2 months of OT at the border I could have them. These would be my end game speaker.

https://youtu.be/S3Rd462HcbM
  • CH46E
    Edit***** 3 months OT.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    jdjohn wrote: »
    At least go listen to them.

^^^ This. ^^^

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Those Infinities are end-game as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E

That is what I'm afraid of. If I get them I'll only want to move up in the vintage Infinity's with ribbon mids line. There are so many I can not keep track.

BTW, these would not replace my RTA12 B. These will be with me until my son is older and has his own place to use them. I absolutely love my 12b.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2019
    CH46E wrote: »

That is what I'm afraid of. If I get them I'll only want to move up in the vintage Infinity's with ribbon mids line. There are so many I can not keep track.

BTW, these would not replace my RTA12 B. These will be with me until my son is older and has his own place to use them. I absolutely love my 12b.

I have the little bookie Kappa 5's and they're very good. They showed me depth. Great sounding speakers, I'm sure these are very good. Arnie Nudell knew what he was doing. Dromunds and daddyjt are both very familiar with Infinitys.

7c2dj4aizx3u.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987

That 'move up' would be in multiples of cost, so you might get a very quick reality check, and find yourself quite content with what you have.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Oh yes.... I know the CR Limbo. Lol

Just finished watching this. If I work 2 months of OT at the border I could have them. These would be my end game speaker.

https://youtu.be/S3Rd462HcbM

You put that kinda power on those Infinity’s and I think you’d be quite impressed indeed!
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Fwiw - you mentioned the JBL XPL - I also had JBL XPL140 and liked them, unfair comparing them directly to the RSII since the XPL140 are smaller but that Ti dome mid sure is nice!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    When do you go listen to them? Along with the other amps that folks said, sunfire 600x2 or sunfire sig II 625x2 would have no problem driving them.

If they can take biwire, one of the sunfire sig HT amps will work and just leave the 5 channel off.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Good point. I had forgotten that folks do that. TNRabbit (Gary - another person who was taken from this Earth too early) had - Get this - A pair of Original Amazings, a pair of ALIII's and a pair of Platinum's all set up through one of the Sunfire amps.

What are they going for these days? The sonic signature of the Sunfire's are (to me) much more pleasing than the 7t's or 9t's.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @treitz3 TNRabbit is the one who told me on the old Carver forum to try a Sunfire sig ht amp when i had Amazings. I would up getting a sig II 625x2 that Craig now owns.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Going to go listen to them on Tuesday. He did not say what amp he had but that it was 600 watts a channel. I'm hoping we can make a deal. If not he does have some JBL S38s and some Paradigms I want. The little Paradigm Cinema speakers would make a great bedroom system.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Does anyone know where I can find the room requirements for these? I had to let my SRS2 go because my room ended up to small. I could not get the clearances from the side walls. The vocals always seem to hit me in the right side ear.

My room is 11.8 wide x 13.8 deep and 10 ft tall. So 11.8 on the front wall where the speakers would have to be positioned.

I can only bring speaker about 16 inches off the front wall and still have a good seating position in the center.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yamaha mx1 or mx2 can play 1-2ohm speakers no problem.. don't know if any other home audio amps that will be good with low impedances

So can Krell, Aragon and a host of others.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Does anyone know where I can find the room requirements for these? I had to let my SRS2 go because my room ended up to small. I could not get the clearances from the side walls. The vocals always seem to hit me in the right side ear.

My room is 11.8 wide x 13.8 deep and 10 ft tall. So 11.8 on the front wall where the speakers would have to be positioned.

I can only bring speaker about 16 inches off the front wall and still have a good seating position in the center.

I'm not sure but my room (the one in my picture earlier) was close to that or smaller I believe...
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Chris, can't you go any sooner than Tuesday? I don't wanna wait that long.
    I disabled signatures.
  • CH46E
    Nope. I have to work until tue.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Yup. My buddy has a set he refurbished. Fresh surrounds and crossovers. They are notorious amp killers so find some high current that can handle low impedance dips.

I had heard the pair of rsii Russ mentioned before they were updated with new XOs and thought they sounded amazing. I'm book marking this tread and looking forward to your thoughts on these speakers.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • CH46E
    1 pm tomorrow I'll get to hear them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    1 pm tomorrow I'll get to BUY them.

Fixed...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Hope you get them! I'm still eyeing a pair of 2.5's locally. But I bought another "phew phew" a few weeks ago. So funds are limited.

I heard a pair of Infinity RS V's many many years ago that I'll never forget. I'll never part with my RSIIIa's though.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • CH46E
    Number one on the way home. Have to go back for number 2
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2020
    Number one on the way home. Have to go back for number 2
    I use Depends on road trips.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,133
    edited January 2020
    o67urpuaf783.png
    I'll never forget when (1980? 81?)my hippy friend Al and I were at a place called HiFi Haven in New Brunswick, NJ and I guess they liked us because they said......."hey do you want to hear and see something great"?, to which we replied absolutely, and we were walked out onto the street and a couple doors down and climbed the stairs into a dedicated listening room with a pair of Infinity IRS, about 7-1/2 ft tall towers (4 towers total). That remains my most definitive hifi moment to this day, including all the audio shows I've been to. When you stood right in between the speakers the imaging effect was incredible. IIRC price was around $90K
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform