Martin Logan's Scenario

Options
Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Hi all need some advice.

This are at a pawn shop just a 30min drive and they have a pair of Martin Logan's Scenario for $150.00

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/pittsburg-martin-logan-speakers-as-is/7049734481.html#

Do I go and get them?

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Run, don't walk. I've been blown away in the past by the few Martin Logan electrostats I've heard. Their normal speakers with the ribbon tweeters capture some of the magic of them. Although my experience with electrostats is somewhat limited, so they may be par for course regarding that type of speaker :)

Make sure they work and the diaphragms are in good condition, because I believe they are very expensive to repair.

Good luck! And go get 'em. :)
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    The ad states, AS IS,high-end components not functioning properly. Looks to be a project.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    And Best Offer .... They're not too sure they can even get that :D