Martin Logan's Scenario

IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 883
Hi all need some advice.

This are at a pawn shop just a 30min drive and they have a pair of Martin Logan's Scenario for $150.00

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/pittsburg-martin-logan-speakers-as-is/7049734481.html#

Do I go and get them?

Cheers
HT
AVR-Pioneer SC99
Adcom 585
RTi12s
Rear- RT150
Center-CSi5
Sub-Rythmik audio F25
Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:
Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

Bedroom 2ch rig.
Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,664
    Run, don't walk. I've been blown away in the past by the few Martin Logan electrostats I've heard. Their normal speakers with the ribbon tweeters capture some of the magic of them. Although my experience with electrostats is somewhat limited, so they may be par for course regarding that type of speaker :)

Make sure they work and the diaphragms are in good condition, because I believe they are very expensive to repair.

Good luck! And go get 'em. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 289
    The ad states, AS IS,high-end components not functioning properly. Looks to be a project.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,287
    And Best Offer .... They're not too sure they can even get that :D