Dual Rythmik F-25 Direct Servo subs - On the way!

124»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    My first experience hearing huge percussion drums was at the 1996 Olympics. Everyday, there were performances of Japanese Taiko Drums on a huge raised stage in the park. <snip> I thought the drums cast an unreal sensation in the park each time.
    THAT. That right there is something I would have loved to have heard. That unreal sensation you speak of is something that reproductive systems have limitations on and is exactly what I was referring too above. I simply believe that no human technological advances in reproduction can emulate something like that. It seems to me that it is unreal because folks rarely hear something that powerful and impactful at the same time.

ES, I am only asking $900 for both plus shipping. I'll PM you picks later on if you are interested. The shipping is where it will sting a little bit, depending on where you live. Don't quote me on this but I do believe that I have the original boxes/packing stuff as well.

Here is a pic (below) of one of the Tyler's behind/next to my main speakers that I pulled from another area of the forum. Each sub utilizes this driver - https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-10-woofers/seas-excel-w26fx-001-e0026-10-aluminum-alloy-cone-woofer/?gclid=CL-Szab0v7UCFQm0nQodhgEAxw

pnu3fw78wv45.png

Some of the highlights of the plate amps are as follows -

High power class AB output stage
    Patented tracking downconverter power supply
    Full parametric bass EQ
    Phase reversal switch
    Advanced soft clip circuitry
    Toroidal power supply transformer
    Auto On/Off

As for the parametric EQ the Dayton's incorporate, here's some additional information;

EQ-Frequency: Establishes the specific frequency at which EQ boost or cut may be applied between
    18 Hz and 80 Hz.

EQ-Bandwidth: Determines how narrow or wide the EQ curve will be within a range of 0.1 to 1.0. If for example
    a frequency of 60 Hz were selected along with a Q of 0.1, the frequencies to either side of 60
    Hz would be less affected. This is a narrow bandwidth that could be useful for “surgically”
    removing an offending peak without disturbing adjacent frequencies. At the other extreme, a Q
    of 1 would result in a much broader effect which could be used for smooth overall bass boost or
    cut, to balance the overall tone character of the sub.

EQ-Level: Permits the application of up to 6dB of boost or 14.5dB of cut at the selected frequency and
    bandwidth. Setting the control at the 0 position effectively removes the EQ from the circuit path.
    It is good to remember that high levels of boost reduce amplifier headroom; it is the same as
    turning up the low pass gain control but only at the selected EQ frequencies. It would be helpful
    to reduce or increase the low pass gain control to balance the amount of cut or boost applied
    by the EQ

One additional note - Neither sub have ever had a hum [whatsoever] in Trey's house or mine.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thanks Tom. I’m quite sure 900 is fair, but its outside my budget. I mainly was curious as to what they were.

Those crossover boxes are bigger than your sub lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    I have one F25 for HT use and love it. Sounds amazing and rattles the whole house. I am just thinking of give it a try on the 2ch rig just for fun.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Lol I’m reading this thread, got the image now burned in my brain, of Tom busting a move at Joe’s house, and seem to recall are there subs for sale? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    My first experience hearing huge percussion drums was at the 1996 Olympics. Everyday, there were performances of Japanese Taiko Drums on a huge raised stage in the park. <snip> I thought the drums cast an unreal sensation in the park each time.
    THAT. That right there is something I would have loved to have heard. That unreal sensation you speak of is something that reproductive systems have limitations on and is exactly what I was referring too above. I simply believe that no human technological advances in reproduction can emulate something like that. It seems to me that it is unreal because folks rarely hear something that powerful and impactful at the same time.

Tom
    I thought I posted this several days ago but must have not hit "post". It sure looks like a lot of fun and maybe some others may be interested in meeting up and going.

In September each year, there is a Japanese Festival in Atlanta. Usually there is a Taiko Drum Troupe that performs and offers a workshop to learn to play them. The festival is just off I-85 at the Infinite Energy Center. Here is info:

https://www.japanfest.org/

8i3crrtf6ap4.png

owk613p8p53z.png

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    I am game. Would love to attend that!

Never been to one of those before abut after experiencing some stomp dancing concerts, this would be a treat to experience as well. Anyone else interested in attending?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I am game. Would love to attend that!

Never been to one of those before abut after experiencing some stomp dancing concerts, this would be a treat to experience as well. Anyone else interested in attending?

Tom

Joe will probably go...If you promise to learn new dance moves
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    He would just fall asleep and Russ would start praying again....but yeah let’s do it!
  • treitz3
    After we go to this, we should all go home and listen to our respective systems and put this album on. http://sheffieldlab.com/item.php?item_id=53

vjc7nulo649k.png

Everyone can afford this CD, as even though it is discontinued, it's still easily found at reasonable costs.

Tom
  • Placed an order for the CD from Amazon. $11.60 total.

I like this:
    This unedited, live recording will test the mettle of any sound system - not to mention the good will of neighbors. - LA TIMES

**CAUTION** This disc contains music of extraordinarily wide dynamic range, encompassing long passages at the threshold of audibility that build to levels of extreme intensity.

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    How much are those, I can't seem to find the price on the site?
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Placed an order for the CD from Amazon. $11.60 total.

I like this:
    This unedited, live recording will test the mettle of any sound system - not to mention the good will of neighbors. - LA TIMES

**CAUTION** This disc contains music of extraordinarily wide dynamic range, encompassing long passages at the threshold of audibility that build to levels of extreme intensity.

Harry

Was that the price for a used one?
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Imma check some out on Spotify and then order some hard copies
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    That was just a link to the original place to purchase it through Sheffield Labs. It is now OOP. I saw this used for as low as 4 bucks us shipping IIRC this morning.

They can readily be found on most outlets that sell CD's

Tom
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Sorry, I was asking about the subs.
  • treitz3
    My bad man. Here ya' go. Call them for best price. They don't haggle but they cut me a small break because I bought two and saved me some dough on delivery charges as well. (Worth a shot)

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

Tom
  • sgmsmg wrote: »

Harry

Yes $6.99 on Amazon with $4.61 shipping. "used like new".
    New ones are considerably more (> $60).

Harry / Marietta GA
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    sgmsmg wrote: »

Harry

Yes $6.99 on Amazon with $4.61 shipping. "used like new".
    New ones are considerably more (> $60).

Okay thanks for clarifying. Looks like they have it streaming on Prime so I will check it out before I buy it.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    All virtual this year!!!!

odd2wjesk2rk.png

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    *sigh*

Virtual is nothing like the real thing. While I might chime in if I'm bored that day? I'll wait another year for the real event. Experiencing it live is what I was looking very forward too. Witnessing things like this first hand and in person are things that one tends to never forget.

Any of y'all get and play this album on your rigs yet?

yny8x088x9hw.png

Tom
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Funny you asked. I loaded the CD in my Amazon cart, then thought, wonder if this is on Tidal? Yep! Added it to favs. Will try it soon.