Dual Rythmik F-25 Direct Servo subs - On the way!

Hello all, I just now pulled the trigger on another milestone for my rig. 2 ea. Rythmik Direct Servo sealed subs with dual 15" cones and an 800w plate amps.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html

F25_raw.jpg

These will be replacing the 2 Tyler Acoustic subs I got from Trey years ago. I heard a sub at an audio event last year that was hands down the fastest, cleanest, most audio precise sub I had ever had the pleasure of hearing. It was also one of the ugliest subs I have ever seen. After a bit of research and talking to Gary Koh (The owner of Genesis), most all suggestions pointed to Rythmik subs being the best cost to performance ratio of the direct servo subs on the market today.

I read every single thread here at CP and many other threads on other forums regarding anything and everything Rythmik and the general consensus with Rythmik subs was that once folks bought them, they either upgraded to another Rythmik or never sold them. I don't recall anyone having any issues with them at all, just praise....and a lot of that praise suggested the direct servo subs were not a subtle change.

While I don't usually but things for my stereo unheard, I made an exception with these based upon my research and also based upon what I heard with the aforementioned "ugly" sub. I got two of them, so that I can enjoy the lower reproductive effort in stereo. I have been enjoying the subs in stereo for years now with the Tyler's but this (based upon what I heard) should be a significant upgrade to the rig's overall performance. It should even best the Velodyne SMS-1 and VMPS Larger with upgrades setup I had years back. THAT was one dumb decision to get rid of that combo but I wanted to KISS and the SMS-1 was just another non-"needed" component within the chain. This should more than make up for that loss.

Looking forward to the new toys! They will be delivered while my rig is being featured at an audio event up toward Bryson City, NC so they will get plenty of burn in time....although, I don't know if burn in time really relates to subs. We shall see on that one.

Whooooo-Hooo!!! *dances*

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    That will definitely get the job done!!! Congrats and looking forward to your review.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Your new name is endershadow jr......
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited September 2017
    I have one and I love it for HT and music. Awesome unit. You will enjoy all the adjustments on the plate amp.

It was very cool when the 45' UPS big rig truck stop in front of the house for delivery.

Cheers
    Rey
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    lightman1 wrote: »

Um......*chews carrot*......why is that, Doc?

That one went over my head like a 747 running full tilt with the jet stream pushing it along the way.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I think it's an allusion to your apparent bass whoriness.
    I disabled signatures.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Nice! Dual 15 and you got a pair. 4 15s..,,

Please do let me know how fast and musical these are.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Very good window panes or an open window are in your future.
    Congrats Tom. That would be something I'd like to get ears on.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Sick, but in a good way.....lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2017
    treitz3 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Um......*chews carrot*......why is that, Doc?

That one went over my head like a 747 running full tilt with the jet stream pushing it along the way.

Tom

Because to Russ I am a basshead with my single 18" Ultimax in a 4 cubic foot box in the corner, and my 4 x 12 in a 6 cubic sealed box next to the sectional, both running off bridged Crown XLS2000's and their own circuit.....

He things I'm the resident nut, until Ryan unleashes his 6 18" subs later this year
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    If anyone is at or near Bryson City, NC from the 8th through the 17th? Feel free to hit me up. My entire system will be featured at this year's Carverfest.

While I may not have these subs until Friday or possibly Monday, the 11th, the system without these subs and just using the Tyler's is a treat to experience.

ES, I gotcha. *winks*

Tom
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Subs absolutely burn in... c'mon man, where have you been.

Those suspensions are super stiff when you first turn them on
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2017
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    That actually makes sense, Trey. Never really thought about that aspect before but it makes perfect sense.

If when I get them, they sound better and tighter than the Tyler's (which I am honestly expecting TBH), I'll be happy. If not, I'll keep the Tyler's in the rig for CF and burn them in at my pad.

Tom
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    This will be sweeet, the 2 channel purists can suck it! Subs in a 2 channel system rule!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• I spent most of Friday searching for a couple of subs on the net.
    These and Hsu seem to shake out the best for what I was thinking of doing.
    Please let us know what happens!
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Congrats Tom! Direct servo subs are super tight and sick in an awesome way!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2017
    Dual F-25's mated with Pass, Magico, etc.....that's just what heavy hitters do! At least those 2 channel audiophiles that have no prejudice against subwoofers in their system.

That setup is going to be so nice!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • I wanna know whats gonna happen to those Tyler subs hehehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    Thanks gentlemen. I found out yesterday that they have been delivered to the cabin office about 7 miles away from the cabins. I drive up there tonight and will pick them up in the am.

Looking very forward to hearing what they sound like. I hope to the man above that they are as good as the sub I heard last year. That was the "ugly" sub I referred too earlier. That was hands down, the tightest, most powerful, non-locational sub I have ever heard in my travels to date. These two, in theory, should be right up my alley. *prays*

Tom
  • Tell us what the Bobfather thinks of them as well :smile:
  • treitz3
    Will do buddy. He's looking forward to hearing what we have done to the crossovers. His response when he saw the photo of the size of them was funny. Most everyone thinks that the crossover units ARE the subs.

BTW, the Tyler's will be going up for sale. I need to figure out what I am going to sell them for first.

Tom
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    How the hell do you pick up 140lb each sub off the ground? :D

Get help! Don't hurt yourself. Been there. It's not easy for a single person to pick one up unless you are a Bigfoot! lol
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2017
    Also, room correction should not be ruled out before there is final say on good bass in a room. Some rooms needs it more than others, Bass is a different beast.

Like this guy here....plugging the speaker ports, adjusting x-over, and using room correction may have been the different between sending the sub back or awesome tight well integrated bass. Use the tools available if needed audiophiles out there...don't make faces!
    Kevin B. wrote:
    I have now had the LVX12 for about 4 months now and all I can say is WOW! It is so satisfying to now be able to differentiate the many subtleties of those bottom octaves. Not just hear them but feel them as well. It puts a smile on my face every time I fire up my system. Thanks for making such an outstanding product.

On a side note, I have B&W bookshelf speakers and after running room correction it set the crossover at 80hz. I played with 100hz also but felt that the mid bass did not sound as clean. Then I read an article by Dr. David Rich about integrating ported bookshelf speakers with subwoofers. He found that by plugging the ports he could integrate them better and the sound would be cleaner at the crossover point. I plugged mine and reran room correction and the crossover was set at 100hz. He was right, doing this cleaned this area up tremendously and it allowed the sub to better handle that area of mid bass. I now have fantastically tight bass with the punch I have always wanted.

Trying this with ported floor standing speakers may also help other customers depending on model.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    So, I'm guessing you like???

Enjoy, for now I just have to dream.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Don't know much about subs.
    What are you driving them with or are they powered?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Ok. I see they are powered. How are they controlled; connected to the preamp in a two channel system?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    machone wrote: »
    Don't know much about subs.
    What are you driving them with or are they powered?

I believe per the first line, these are powered subs with 800 watt plate amps driving them.

Man these look sweet. I am sure they sound incredible!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • treitz3
    Hi, machone. You can take them straight out of the pre-amp or any other variable line level output but I have them hooked up to the R & L loop output of the Musical Fidelity A3CR amplifier.

Haha! Blew a tweeter today. Guess we were playing the tunes too loud for too long and I cooked the voice coil. I have 4 more voice coils coming our way and should be here Thursday. Whoops!

Tom