Hifibuys Atlanta pictures

Went down to this shop Thursday. Just looking to visit but ended up getting my new speaker cables on a killer deal. Anyway thought I would post a few pics from the two higher end rooms. Great folks and stupid drool worthy gear.

wzjh4nfqn8fg.jpeg
9lwdwele4ltk.jpeg
ueq9tg5z83qh.jpeg
8ymuy8h22eb9.jpeg
tt828f802u8o.jpeg

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Oh, they have the little Wilson's? I gotta get down there. I have not heard those yet.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Love me some Dan D'Agastino.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Yeah. It seems they picked up Wilson and B&W in the last year sometime.
    I liked the mids on the Wilson’s better than the Vandersteen’s, but the opposite for bass.
    But both setups were glorious sounding.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Looks like the Wilson setup did not have a sub?

Good looking stuff. Cables are suhweet
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Congrats on the new cables Joe!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    Hi Fi buys ....
    Originally started by the guy that owns Underwood I believe ?
    Had a long conversation with him when I bought my ps audio s300 ....

I grew up in Atlanta ....

Bought my first pair of speakers from them ( infinity rsb’s ) in Athens while at UGA in the early 80’s ....

I remember spending hours there drooling over their stuff , thinking to myself ... “some day.....”

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • joecoulson
    verb wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cables Joe!

Thanks buddy
  • Joe, a great personal Christmas present. Enjoy! All pictures are great!

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I heard those amps when they first came out, man how impressive are they.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gyosa, you are correct. I purchased my first SDA 2B's in 1989 from the original Hi Fi buys store in Marietta. I still have them.

Some of the guys went on to open Home TheaterWorks in 2007 in Alpharetta - still a great group of people when I purchased Paradigm speakers from them several years ago.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Ha Ha HA!
    As I started scrolling through the pics I thought
    that was YOUR setup. Gotta get some coffee. :p
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • joecoulson
    Yeah I wish. Lol. Me too, coffee time!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Love the design of the dCS gear.
  • treitz3
    Now, ya' KNOW we are gonna need a review of those fancy coat hangers ya' bought, right Joe?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    I am trying - I need more time on front of the speaks - have only listened to about 10 tracks so far
    initial impressions are quite favorable though
  • Love those ropes brother!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    So where is this Hifi Buys joint exactly? I still have to make the trek up to Roswell to get my integrated back from the shop.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    edited December 2019
    It's worth the drive if you are anywhere near the joint. I'm 4 hours away and I'm heading there the next chance I get. I love the shop and the people there. Very down to Earth and not "snooty" at all. Even the Owner.

It's a far cry from the shops in Charlotte.

Tom
  • joecoulson
    Alan Jones (owner) employs people like himself (down to earth) and is always happy to take you round to the different rooms.
  • kevhed72 wrote: »
    So where is this Hifi Buys joint exactly? I still have to make the trek up to Roswell to get my integrated back from the shop.

What shop do you use in Roswell? I live just west of Roswell. Thanks!

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    Joe, did they still have these in the first room beyond the front counter off to the left that leads to the back hallway?

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/platinum-ii/platinum-pl500-ii/

Tom
  • joecoulson
    Tom, they were on clearance and not hooked up. They were in the back room. But they just had that annual clearance sale so not sure if they survived that or not.
  • treitz3
    Good. What a waste of space in that store!

Tom
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited December 2019
    kevhed72 wrote: »

What shop do you use in Roswell? I live just west of Roswell. Thanks!
    There is a joint called Modular Electronics....the owners name is Bennnie and a great guy. He will work on whatever audio gear you bring him. He also carries used gear for sale....Alot of McIntosh, Musical Fidelity, etc. Heres the info....I cant get the link to paste:
    pkqc9024mlkr.png

• treitz3
  • Thanks guys!!!

I have a Musical Fidelity A5 that needs a couple of things fixed so he sounds like the man. I don’t want to ship it anywhere. It seems like I have seen his shop previously.

Merry Christmas!
    Harry

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Bennie is excellent,, he did wonders on my first set of vtl monos
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    Duly noted. Thanks G.

Tom