Wharfedale Linton

Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Thinking on getting this ones. But I will have to sell some of the others I have. That will be the Linns and maybe the Usher's

g7qbixeqvccc.jpg

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    They remind me of the Monitor 7's. I wanted to demo them at the CAF, but someone was asking the dealer stupid questions and wouldn't shut up, so I left.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    It's always irritating when they don't take the conversation out into the hall when you're trying to listen at a show.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    If and when you decide to buy, you might check here https://reverb.com/item/26714575-wharfedale-linton-85th-anniversary-bookshelf-speakers-wtih-stands-red-mahogany-pair
    as the seller, Music Direct accepting offers.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Would very very interested in hearing first impressions. They are absolutely stunning speaks.
  • Yeah those look fantastic.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Do the Lintons use the same tweeter as the Denton's?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Irrenhaus
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Do the Lintons use the same tweeter as the Denton's?

I think they do the same as the 85th.
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Nightfall
    Got you. And the 85th tweeter is different than the 80th or same with the wire mesh cover?

• Nightfall
    edited December 2019
    Super pretty speakers BTW. Pair these with Yamaha AS-2100 and just from an aesthetic point of view that's top shelf IMO.

• F1nut
    Got you. And the 85th tweeter is different than the 80th or same with the wire mesh cover?

All are 1", but the 80th is described as a soft dome while the 85th and Linton are described as textile dome.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Irrenhaus
    Super pretty speakers BTW. Pair these with Yamaha AS-2100 and just from an aesthetic point of view that's top shelf IMO.

Hey thanks. They will be pair with a Cary AE-3 Pre and Parasound Calssic 2125 and for DAC a NAD C510.

Cheers
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Congrats on the Lintons! I will be very interested in your impressions as I've been eyeing these for a while...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Anyone read the review on them in Aug in Stereophile?
    I thought it was very insightful
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Anyone read the review on them in Aug in Stereophile?
    I thought it was very insightful

Agreed, here it is: https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-linton-heritage-loudspeaker
  • Irrenhaus
    Well this one's were schedule to be deliver on Dec. 31 now they show delivery for tomorrow the 22nd. Let's see if that holds.

Cheers
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I am excited for you!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut wrote: »

All are 1", but the 80th is described as a soft dome while the 85th and Linton are described as textile dome.

Paper vs cloth?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I agree.

I think they are the biggest bargain in audio right now. When I read the stands are included for a total under 1,500.00, my "want light" lit up in my brain.
    But I have a set of RSL's that are like them that I haven't listened to hardly at all. Also have a few Infinity's I need to get out and play them too.

Now, I've seen some ads where both speakers are identical. In other ads, they are a mirror imaged pair. I'm pretty sure all the pairs sold will be M.I. prs..
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Paper vs cloth?

I don't know, possibly simple word play and the tweeters are the same.

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I'm thinking I've read somewhere that the difference between soft dome and textile dome is largely wording, that they fall in the same basic category.
  • kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I've read somewhere that the difference between soft dome and textile dome is largely wording, that they fall in the same basic category.
    That seems to make sense. Marketing mumbo jumbo.
  • Irrenhaus wrote: »
    So since the arrival date change I had to start preparing the new room. Is about 12X11 with a small window. I think it will be okay. Cleaning and painting tonight. Will upgrade power outlets in the morning. Need to run a CAT6 line.

Then will add area carpet, picture frames. There will be only one chair in the room. And there is closet space for the hardware if I want to go that route.

20rfpe38mo7g.jpg

Cheers

Do you have any plans on acoustically treating the room?
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    congrats! hope you dig them. :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Nightfall
    It's the 22nd, did you get a you weren't home note even though you were in the living room?

• Irrenhaus
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    So since the arrival date change I had to start preparing the new room. Is about 12X11 with a small window. I think it will be okay. Cleaning and painting tonight. Will upgrade power outlets in the morning. Need to run a CAT6 line.

Then will add area carpet, picture frames. There will be only one chair in the room. And there is closet space for the hardware if I want to go that route.

20rfpe38mo7g.jpg

Cheers

Do you have any plans on acoustically treating the room?

Thinking of getting a few of this ones for the side walls.

https://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-panels/acoustic-panels-dmd/

• Irrenhaus
    It's the 22nd, did you get a you weren't home note even though you were in the living room?

Well now is schedule for the 24th.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    If it's UPS, look for them to be delivered on Friday or whenever they get around to it. Gotta be quick with them this time of year though. My driver rings the bell then runs away. :#