Wharfedale Linton

Thinking on getting this ones. But I will have to sell some of the others I have. That will be the Linns and maybe the Usher's

g7qbixeqvccc.jpg

Cheers
HT
AVR-Pioneer SC99
Adcom 585
RTi12s
Rear- RT150
Center-CSi5
Sub-Rythmik audio F25
Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:
Peach Tree Decco, Onkyo CS-5VL SACD and Linn Kelidh

Bedroom 2ch rig.
Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
Little DOT MK II with upgraded tube's and Sennheisers HD650.

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,385
    They remind me of the Monitor 7's. I wanted to demo them at the CAF, but someone was asking the dealer stupid questions and wouldn't shut up, so I left.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,472
    It's always irritating when they don't take the conversation out into the hall when you're trying to listen at a show.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,632
    If and when you decide to buy, you might check here https://reverb.com/item/26714575-wharfedale-linton-85th-anniversary-bookshelf-speakers-wtih-stands-red-mahogany-pair
    as the seller, Music Direct accepting offers.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,999
    Would very very interested in hearing first impressions. They are absolutely stunning speaks.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • Yeah those look fantastic.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,779
    Do the Lintons use the same tweeter as the Denton's?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    Do the Lintons use the same tweeter as the Denton's?

I think they do the same as the 85th.
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:

Bedroom 2ch rig.
    Cary AE-3, Parasound 2125, Marantz SA8005, Usher V-601 or SDA 1C, SVS SB12-NSD, Intel NUC PC and Panamax MX5105

Headphone rig;
    Got you. And the 85th tweeter is different than the 80th or same with the wire mesh cover?

edited December 2019
    Super pretty speakers BTW. Pair these with Yamaha AS-2100 and just from an aesthetic point of view that's top shelf IMO.

Nightfall wrote: »
    Got you. And the 85th tweeter is different than the 80th or same with the wire mesh cover?

All are 1", but the 80th is described as a soft dome while the 85th and Linton are described as textile dome.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Super pretty speakers BTW. Pair these with Yamaha AS-2100 and just from an aesthetic point of view that's top shelf IMO.

Hey thanks. They will be pair with a Cary AE-3 Pre and Parasound Calssic 2125 and for DAC a NAD C510.

Cheers
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:

Bedroom 2ch rig.

Headphone rig;
  • smglbrthsmglbrth Posts: 1,197
    Congrats on the Lintons! I will be very interested in your impressions as I've been eyeing these for a while...
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,999
    Anyone read the review on them in Aug in Stereophile?
    I thought it was very insightful
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,472
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Anyone read the review on them in Aug in Stereophile?
    I thought it was very insightful

Agreed, here it is: https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-linton-heritage-loudspeaker
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Well this one's were schedule to be deliver on Dec. 31 now they show delivery for tomorrow the 22nd. Let's see if that holds.

Cheers
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:

Bedroom 2ch rig.

Headphone rig;
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,201
    I am excited for you!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut wrote: »

All are 1", but the 80th is described as a soft dome while the 85th and Linton are described as textile dome.

Paper vs cloth?
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,492
    I agree.

I think they are the biggest bargain in audio right now. When I read the stands are included for a total under 1,500.00, my "want light" lit up in my brain.
    But I have a set of RSL's that are like them that I haven't listened to hardly at all. Also have a few Infinity's I need to get out and play them too.

Now, I've seen some ads where both speakers are identical. In other ads, they are a mirror imaged pair. I'm pretty sure all the pairs sold will be M.I. prs..
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Paper vs cloth?

I don't know, possibly simple word play and the tweeters are the same.

President of Club Polk

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,463
    I'm thinking I've read somewhere that the difference between soft dome and textile dome is largely wording, that they fall in the same basic category.
  • kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I've read somewhere that the difference between soft dome and textile dome is largely wording, that they fall in the same basic category.
    That seems to make sense. Marketing mumbo jumbo.
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
  • Irrenhaus wrote: »
    So since the arrival date change I had to start preparing the new room. Is about 12X11 with a small window. I think it will be okay. Cleaning and painting tonight. Will upgrade power outlets in the morning. Need to run a CAT6 line.

Then will add area carpet, picture frames. There will be only one chair in the room. And there is closet space for the hardware if I want to go that route.

20rfpe38mo7g.jpg

Cheers

Do you have any plans on acoustically treating the room?
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,633
    congrats! hope you dig them. :)
    It's the 22nd, did you get a you weren't home note even though you were in the living room?

• TEAforONE wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    So since the arrival date change I had to start preparing the new room. Is about 12X11 with a small window. I think it will be okay. Cleaning and painting tonight. Will upgrade power outlets in the morning. Need to run a CAT6 line.

Then will add area carpet, picture frames. There will be only one chair in the room. And there is closet space for the hardware if I want to go that route.

20rfpe38mo7g.jpg

Cheers

Do you have any plans on acoustically treating the room?

Thinking of getting a few of this ones for the side walls.

https://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-panels/acoustic-panels-dmd/

HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:

Bedroom 2ch rig.

Headphone rig;
    It's the 22nd, did you get a you weren't home note even though you were in the living room?

Well now is schedule for the 24th.
    HT
    AVR-Pioneer SC99
    Adcom 585
    RTi12s
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Living room 2ch rig:

Bedroom 2ch rig.

Headphone rig;
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,555
    If it's UPS, look for them to be delivered on Friday or whenever they get around to it. Gotta be quick with them this time of year though. My driver rings the bell then runs away. :#
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 Preamp; Classe Model 25 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio Power Director; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Parasound JC2BP and A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables