My brother is screwed now because he smokes the weed?

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good info Ivan. Good to know about the medical controls. Thanks.

I just worry about those sellers for recreational use that are unscrupulous, buying/selling bootleg stuff, and the worst will happen.

All the horror stories you read about synthetic weed, home made vape products, God knows what's in there!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ^^recreational sold in licensed dispensaries must meet the same stringent quality controls as medical.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited December 2019
    ^^recreational sold in licensed dispensaries must meet the same stringent quality controls as medical.

Which makes it awesome when friends give you lawn and leaf bags full of weed that didn't pass spec!

Or so I'm told...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    To have been there and done that and have moved is one thing, but to have been there and keep going is another.

But while on a ski family vacation and smell nothing but weed while your kids and family is around suuxx
    So well all those that celebrate Rocky Mountain High...Colorado will never he another dime of mine

Been there done that on all the above and so much more I'll never tell

I'm sorry to hear that. People need to be more respectful of others, smoking in public is not just illegal but not cool. You see kids around and you're still okay with it? Keep it to private domicile or edibles. The companies running the mountains could do a better job of policing I'm sure.

With you on that last thing too. Seeing Skips house made me realize how much I effd up but then I remembered where I've come from and 95% of the others are in way worse shape than I am.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »
    To have been there and done that and have moved is one thing, but to have been there and keep going is another.

But while on a ski family vacation and smell nothing but weed while your kids and family is around suuxx
    So well all those that celebrate Rocky Mountain High...Colorado will never he another dime of mine

Been there done that on all the above and so much more I'll never tell

I'm sorry to hear that. People need to be more respectful of others, smoking in public is not just illegal but not cool. You see kids around and you're still okay with it? Keep it to private domicile or edibles. The companies running the mountains could do a better job of policing I'm sure.

With you on that last thing too. Seeing Skips house made me realize how much I effd up but then I remembered where I've come from and 95% of the others are in way worse shape than I am.

Hey it is what it is...I was a ski boy and the biggest pothead out there, but we used to wait till we got to top of the mountain in seclusion or back out our lodge. The last 3 trip that included Colorado and Oregon with the family you could smell it everywhere in the base and lodge areas that's what suxx
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • There has only been QC issues with concentrates.

I mean we used to make it ourselves with butane (still some use this method today) but in my mind people gon do it. Might as well have professionals supply instead of whatever person growing it with whatever chemicals.

I was an everyday smoker for the last 15 years up until this year. Considering I'm 27 I figure I'd have some sort of medical... Wait what were we talking about again.

All in good fun, if you choose to use don't abuse and I agree that it's most important to keep it away from kids. I've seen and been in some bad households where it's sad to see how much parents don't care.

At the end of the day, if it rocks your boat (in a good way) go for it, have fun and don't drive. 😁
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Our lt. governor in Illinois just bought some yesterday. I'm so proud of her and I think she is a great role model for everyone. WTF!!!!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    charley96 wrote: »
    Our lt. governor in Illinois just bought some yesterday. I'm so proud of her and I think she is a great role model for everyone. WTF!!!!!!

He's a silver spooned idiot. With all the money the state will collect in taxes off this stuff, he still felt the need to raise license plate registrations by 50 bucks. Trading in a car on a new one now will cost an additional 1000 bucks roughly. Can't wait to get the fook out of this state.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    la2vegas wrote: »
    LissMaker wrote: »
    Ahah, in my opinion, smoking weed is nothing terrible and scary and can be understood because he wants to relax. By the way, I recently found out that my brother ordered CBD oil for vape. I took his computer to play and saw the page http://knockoutcbd.com and realized that he had been using cbd for a long time. I talked with him and he explained that he had problems at school. I understand him and therefore I did not say anything to my parents. Be a good brother))

I wonder if you would feel the same way if in a couple of years you found out that your brother was chasing the dragon? Hopefully he won't, but you never know what you don't know.

That is a gigantic leap Jose.... *rolls eyes*
  • charley96
    tonyb wrote: »

He's a silver spooned idiot. With all the money the state will collect in taxes off this stuff, he still felt the need to raise license plate registrations by 50 bucks. Trading in a car on a new one now will cost an additional 1000 bucks roughly. Can't wait to get the fook out of this state.

I hear ya Tony. I don't know how I'm gonna make it having to wait 7 years before I can leave. Several freinds of ours already have exit plans to leave.
  • pitdogg2

I hear ya Tony. I don't know how I'm gonna make it having to wait 7 years before I can leave. Several freinds of ours already have exit plans to leave.

yea just found yesterday one of my good friends had moved to Missouri. He had his own business (Great Harvest Bread Company) and got so fed up he sold it and his family moved to as he put it "A large compound in the country" He told me his first neighbor was 4 miles away. His wife also was a realtor on the side and found some real nice property that was much cheaper than anywhere here in Illinois. Nice house on 10 acres of land.
  • charley96
    Same with my best bud, he moves in 3 years to his 10 acres outside of Nashville. Once he builds his house, his property taxes will be 1000.00 a year.
  • txcoastal1
    Those leaving IL don’t come to Texas and vote for the same type of representatives you have in IL
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Those leaving IL don’t come to Texas and vote for the same type of representatives you have in IL

Won't happen Ron. Those leaving my state know what they want, and Illinois isn't offering it. Most are just tired of being held hostage by Cook county and Chicago.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • charley96
    Girlfreinds niece came for a visit last week who is a political science professor. I just couldn't believe her ignorance and lack of logic. Our conversations about the times we live in were completely baffling to me. I won't go into detail but I'm sure you guys can just imagine. She has no issue with high taxes and thinks we need to pay more. :D
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    I Just had a fairly long post typed out to give the Canadian perspective to this topic as I see it both pro and con. However, it may just add more unnecessary fuel to the fire.
    In an attempt to add some levity to this topic I’ll leave this here.
    ketnrbbsau8f.jpeg
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • pitdogg2

Won't happen Ron. Those leaving my state know what they want, and Illinois isn't offering it. Most are just tired of being held hostage by Crook county and Chicago.

Fixed it.

Yes Ron we know all to well what a state full of liberal's can do. We live it daily.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I moved out of Illinois to pursue my career after college. Still go back on occasion to visit family in both Cook and Will counties. I hear their complaints all the time. I'm happy to have moved on.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Other than Navy bootcamp, and later in life, business trips to Chicago, that’s my Illinois experience. Since I think cold weather sucks, I will stay in CA. We also have legal weed. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    Kevinmiller reported
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Square.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2021
    My wife told me yesterday that NC has proposed legalizing herb again. Maybe this time it'll pass.

There's enough CBD shops on every corner now. Finding a distribution store for real herb shouldn't be a problem.

There's an empty K-Mart store around the corner...That would be a great building to turn into a dispensary. 1 block from UNCW too. They would have plenty of business!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    It recently passed in NJ. Of course the governor is skirting the issue/refusing to answer questions about growing a few plants for one's own use. Everything is $$$ here.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Here in NC, it's all about $$$$ now also.

As I was changing channels this morn. I heard the news person say they ( the NC government) think the tax revenue generated from herb sales would go to good use.

Just like the Lottery was supposed to help school systems here. :|
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    I would love to hire some really smart young people at $20hr+ to train but workmans comp won't allow me to hire those who can't pass a test

• pitdogg2
    It recently passed in NJ. Of course the governor is skirting the issue/refusing to answer questions about growing a few plants for one's own use. Everything is $$$ here.

Like umm you ever heard of umm Illinois? They tax you by the THC content. I've heard as high as 80% tax. The governor is bragging about how many millions we are bringing in every month. Legally only medical weed card holder folks can grow up to 5 plants.
  • pitdogg2
    I would love to hire some really smart young people at $20hr+ to train but workmans comp won't allow me to hire those who can't pass a test

Yo bro does I gets to study ???