My brother is screwed now because he smokes the weed?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2019
    The leaps and bounds to legalize the crap is truly aimed at dumbing down a large portion of our country so the tards can scheme up other nonsense In an attempt to line their own pockets and raise our taxes. They are a sick group no question.

Sounds like you are in first place at being dumbed down.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    The leaps and bounds to legalize the crap is truly aimed at dumbing down a large portion of our country so the tards can scheme up other nonsense In an attempt to line their own pockets and raise our taxes. They are a sick group no question.

Sounds like you are in first place at being dumbed down.

I think That's your Crown, Royal One! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Yj9oHikgY
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    It's legal up here. About time. I don't smoke, my lungs are born again virgins. But oils yes.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Dabutcher, did your brother ever quit and get his meds?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    As far as I know he is back on the OxyContin and others for back pain. I live 300 miles from him . I would guess he smokes the weed as his daily driver. He has smoked weed every day for 40 years. Lives in Wisconsin on the state line. So come January ,Illinois will be legal. If the choices available there will be even close to those available in Colorado. His mind will be blown!
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • I bet tophat believes OXY smartens you up.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • I bet tophat believes OXY smartens you up.

Good thing you aren't a betting man. Been there done that. 16 years clean. I will bet on that and just shows ya how dumb pot makes people. Go back to your bong now.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2019
    I have 21 years clean. I hope you top that johnny.

Keep up the good work.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• BlueFox
    tophatjohnny sure has major mental issues for being ‘clean’. He tries to project his own weakness onto everyone else. Life doesn’t work like that.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ^^ he could learn some humility for sure.

• I have 21 years clean. I hope you top that johnny.

Keep up the good work.

Congrats brother and I hope to maintain. As for calling out members by user name is pretty childish and I over look blue fox as it's quite obvious he has mental issues but he is tolerable at times (probably when he's on the weed or alcohol) and to each their own. I hate all dope and those that use it are dumb to me.
    Keep up the good work. One day at a time.
  • Willow
    edited December 2019
    That is very narrow minded of you. That is like some people saying addicts are dumb to them.
  • Willow wrote: »
    That is very narrow minded of you. That is like some people saying addicts are dumb to them.

The only dumb addict is the practicing addict. Wake up there willow!!
  • Willow
    Is it your time of the month? You seem very sensitive right now.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Nobody is going to change anybody's mind regardless of any info proving otherwise to the opposite side. Just agree to disagree and maybe sing koombaya together.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow wrote: »
    Is it your time of the month? You seem very sensitive right now.

Killin'me😂😂😂
  • Willow
    I have nothing against @tophatjohnny at all. He's never rubbed me the wrong way or in the right way ;) it's all good.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,705
    There's no hope in dope.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    It's tough on one's memory in the long run, that's for sure :(
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    For it or against it, only you can say. :smile:

What's puzzling to me is the apparent lack of quality control that is being offered up for consumption. Sure, you have to get a state license, supposedly regulated, but how do you control consistency and quality, not to mention purity, on every step of the supply chain?

For medical use, there are prescription forms available, controlled through a rigorous supply chain to the pharmacy. Do I really want to go to "Doobie's Head Shop" to get my prescription filled? I think not. Hypothetically of course. I'm not debating the efficacy for medical usage, just wondering why anyone would go anywhere other than a pharmacy?

For recreational use, for me, kinda the same argument. Analogous to the bootleggers and moonshiners of old, our history tells us how those lack of quality standards panned out.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueFox
    tophatjohnny, no problem. We all have moments.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There's a difference between being high all day every day and smoking a little at night when your day is over from time to time. Don't drive high, don't go to work high, etc. Alcohol is far more dangerous. If you're concerned about lung issues use edibles.
    Plus it's the ultimate upgrade for your stereo. Nothing will make it sound better for the couple of dollars it costs. >:)

Close to fifty years later I'm still trying to duplicate the sound I had out of my Stereo back in the day.

Probably didn't have $500. in the whole set-up, but dang it sounded good at the time :D

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I for one am glad you're here brother @tophatjohnny :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    BlueFox wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It's tough on one's memory in the long run, that's for sure :(

Please. Give me a break. This is the type of nonsense that .... What were we talking about?

Exactly... umm... who are you, anyway?
    B)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2019
    My deeply held conviction: the enduring popularity of Dark Side of the Moon (by that British popular music band named after Floyd Council and "Little" Pink Anderson) stems (heh, see what I did there?) from the whole Gestalt of the recording's echo-y, deep, larger-than-life acoustics and deeply layered special effects. The recording/mix (Alan Parson's work, as all y'all know) does a pretty good job of simulating the experience of listening to music under the influence of certain, shall we say, recreational pharmaceuticals.

... or so I have been led to believe.

B)

aoxzzpgxdc7x.png

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited December 2019
    verb wrote: »
    For it or against it, only you can say. :smile:

What's puzzling to me is the apparent lack of quality control that is being offered up for consumption. Sure, you have to get a state license, supposedly regulated, but how do you control consistency and quality, not to mention purity, on every step of the supply chain?

For medical use, there are prescription forms available, controlled through a rigorous supply chain to the pharmacy. Do I really want to go to "Doobie's Head Shop" to get my prescription filled? I think not. Hypothetically of course. I'm not debating the efficacy for medical usage, just wondering why anyone would go anywhere other than a pharmacy?

For recreational use, for me, kinda the same argument. Analogous to the bootleggers and moonshiners of old, our history tells us how those lack of quality standards panned out.

For medical use Dave it all must pass very strict QC. Can't have any fungus or mold spores at all or pesticides, fertilizers that come back in testing or it is trashed. Believe it or not many many places are well regulated. My brother works construction and is jobsite foreman lead contractor here in Illinois and even he was amazed at the amount of high tech electro-wizardry in the builds he has done. EVERYTHING is tested and retested and tested again. Because of folks having compromised immune systems they must do this so as to not have the plant, edible or anything else cause you problems or death. Every step of the grow, cook or anything else must be 100% video recorded and kept for a long time so it can be looked at later for any reason. Just like emails at work or anywhere else they never go away. Same here failure will cost you your license and here in Illinois that is 500,000.00 up front. It cost tens of thousands of dollars just to apply with 100% no guarantee you'll even be considered for one. Along with that app fee you must show the 1/2 million up front in the bank. Why do you think big tobacco forked over almost 2 billion dollars to buy into those Canadian weed companies? Mark my word big tobacco will dump billions and billions more into these companies.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2019
    To have been there and done that and have moved is one thing, but to have been there and keep going is another.

But while on a ski family vacation and smell nothing but weed while your kids and family is around suuxx
    So well all those that celebrate Rocky Mountain High...Colorado will never he another dime of mine

Been there done that on all the above and so much more I'll never tell
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a